Pink

Miss Murder

Pink  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The times they are a-changing, from a time where females were merely just "sex objects" and did not make statements, but then there was this girl with pink hair who stood up for things when almost no other female (back then) could dare to say anything.

Is this "bad-ass" girl back? Is she still as influential as she was back then?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Everyone sells out at some point, if she hasn't already, she will. Hell, she's on a major label right? That's selling out right there. The whole idea of "selling out" is bullshit.

I've always liked her stuff, and this really made me happy when I saw it. Superb vocal, I love the slight rasp in her lower register:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFXzOO5IJU...k%20janie%20gun

And the term sell-out is shit. Especially when a band decides to do something different, but then are deemed 'sell-outs'. Aerosmith's 'Permanent Vacation' would be the perfect example of how stupid sell-out sounds.

MAKE ME A SANDWICH, BITCH!

I hope that wasn't adressed towards me. :o

-----------------------------------------

And to the rest of y'all,

I put quotations near Sell-Out because I find that even though I am disgusted by that term and find it over-used, it seems to get the message across and is somehow part of everybody's vocabulary.

I don't believe in selling out either, I find that a band makes every of their decision and if it sucks, then let it be sell-out, but I believe it just plain sucks.

Edited by Miss Murder

I've always liked her stuff, and this really made me happy when I saw it. Superb vocal, I love the slight rasp in her lower register:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFXzOO5IJU...k%20janie%20gun

I actually really liked that version she's pretty good tbh, not my usually type of music but some of her stuff is good

Have you heard her cover of Welcome To The Jungle?

It's on her new live DVD.

Is it any good?

Her band is fucking tight. The guitarist even stands like Slash when he solos. And he does rip on more than a few songs. Drummer is great also.

The GNR cover is good from a music standpoint, but singing wise although good, it's a little too clean and proper instead of being snarling and reckless...

Anyway here's info on the DVD if anyone's interested: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6793486

30908173.jpg