Merck Gives Axl's Side On Arrest

It took 5 officers to hold him down. Impressive.

:laugh: thats exactly what I was thinking when I read that part.

Ok, how many times have we heard that story before. Many cops against lil' ol' Axl. Didnt they have tasers or what? You dont need extra support when you have that puppy on your side. Trust me, Axl would not only work with the Security .... he would have rolled over, fetched the ball and anything more to not get shocked.

(All I have to say is he got lucky). hahaha.

Merck has some awesome stories to tell once he reaches an elder age. "Why yes, it took 20 cops to bring down a Drunk maybe even Unmedicated Axl Rose. Than he brought out a spinach he took out of his odd coat, but least to say when he was eating it a random song played in the backround that only gave Axl even greater strength to hold out against those Cops".

Screw that. Merck should work for the Republican Party and he alone could talk everyone out of believing that they actually had weapons of mass destruction with his fine words.

:rolleyes:

This guy will only tell you everything, but only to make Axl look like the good guy here. oh man, hilarious.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er I'm pretty new to these forums, lol but does anyone actually like Axl?!?!?

All I see is people slating him, guess I'm in the wrong place as a fan :P

i like axl but he continues to drag the gnr name threw the mud :(

he's only got himself to blame

Merck rocks! Now we have both sides of the story. and honestly, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but who gives a fuck? its over with, he's out of jail, and the tour continues.

that was so well written, Axl and the band are lucky to have someone like Merck representing them.

Totally agree with you mate.

I applaud Merck for his comments but how can you say Axl did nothing wrong and it was over happy cops when it took 5 to hold him down,it does not take 5 men to hold another man if he is co-operating.Addressing the media playing twisty with Axl is true but no more true than people involved in GnR playing the same game of twist to make Axl seem innocent, while lawyers have on numerous occasions tried to make Axl look bad, Axl on numerous occasions has paid off law suits so im not sure they did not have merit.

I know cops. You know what they want? They want you to fight them, they do. They show up at a scenes of trouble. At that point if you just shut up and back down they havent got much. What they really want is for you say something or show some aggression then they can say resisting arrest. My advice say nothing walk away. Whether you've done something wrong or not u'll spend the night in the slammer on something like assault - which can just be "he pushed me" or "he hit my arm away". Axl's not like that he stands up for what he sees as the truth. Cops have the power. Or maybe they're just Out Ta Get Me!!!

Did GNR do OTGM in Oslo???

Second that. Guards and cops SEARCH for reasons to arrest U, just to show their power.

If someone push U, it´s not legit to force the guy to the floor by pulling his hair. Even if u´re a guard.

It´s not exaxtly calming..

Then U drive up the whole situation, and that is UNPROFESSIONAL of a guard doing that.

But I can promis this guard did that with purpose. Thats what guards do. That cind of people chose to be guards.

Edited by shootingstar

Personally; I think the securty guy did a poor job... AND now he is suing Axl for biting him. I guess he now knows a way to get hold of some extra cash, huh?! On another note- I do not think than common security guards have badges.... Here is the latest, also with a picture of the guard "Pascal" http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0...,849842,00.html

Our dear Pascal claims that "Axel was to kill me"- Poor baby, perhaps another line of work would suit him better??

Immigrants and XX makes no sence to me... :o)

Personally; I think the securty guy did a poor job... AND now he is suing Axl for biting him. I guess he now knows a way to get hold of some extra cash, huh?! On another note- I do not think than common security guards have badges.... Here is the latest, also with a picture of the guard "Pascal" http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0...,849842,00.html

Our dear Pascal claims that "Axel was to kill me"- Poor baby, perhaps another line of work would suit him better??

Immigrants and XX makes no sence to me... :o)

He looks like a fucking pussy, no point in censoring yourself it " immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s ".

GOAB would have taken the guys head off but i can fight :rofl-lol:

I applaud Merck for his comments but how can you say Axl did nothing wrong and it was over happy cops when it took 5 to hold him down,it does not take 5 men to hold another man if he is co-operating.Addressing the media playing twisty with Axl is true but no more true than people involved in GnR playing the same game of twist to make Axl seem innocent, while lawyers have on numerous occasions tried to make Axl look bad, Axl on numerous occasions has paid off law suits so im not sure they did not have merit.

Of course he was pissed then!

He just pushed a guy and he forced him down by pulling his hair. My personal opinion is that the guards action wasn´t justified..

Don´t know.. Maby it just me..

He just pushed a guy and he forced him down by pulling his hair. My personal opinion is that the guards action wasn´t justified..

The problem is that there is no evidence to say Axls hair was pulled or used to get him to the ground, in fact there is no evidence for any of it so we are just guessing ;)

"Hade det här hänt i USA hade jag väl varit miljonär nu, säger Pascal Håkansson och ler."

"If this would have happened in the states, I would be a millionare by now", says Pascal Håkansson about suing Axl

I can understand why they would need 5 police officers to hold axl down rock3 the guy is in great shape.

The guard: "He was strong" :D

"Hade det här hänt i USA hade jag väl varit miljonär nu, säger Pascal Håkansson och ler."

"If this would have happened in the states, I would be a millionare by now", says Pascal Håkansson about suing Axl

I can understand why they would need 5 police officers to hold axl down rock3 the guy is in great shape.

The guard: "He was strong" :D

Strong like bull :rofl-lol:

The problem is that there is no evidence to say Axls hair was pulled or used to get him to the ground, in fact there is no evidence for any of it so we are just guessing ;)

According to Aftonbladets earlier articles he did ;):D

but during the interview with this gard it says Axl didn't not only push but did also throw punshes at the guard before he was pulled down. And according to a lot of press and witness even Axl's own bodyguard interviend to try to calm Axl.

but during the interview with this gard it says Axl didn't not only push but did also throw punshes at the guard before he was pulled down. And according to a lot of press and witness even Axl's own bodyguard interviend to try to calm Axl.

We got a picture or details about Axl new bodyguard?

Plus why aint Earl doing it, they were great friends?

"Axl kom ensam till hotellet och åkte upp på sitt rum. Han kom ner igen, i sällskap med något slags samordnare, en äldre kvinna som var som "hans mamma", sa hon"

"Axl came alone to the hotel and went up to his room. He went down again, in company with some sort of coordinater, an older woman who said she was his mother."

"Axl var förbannad för att folk hade lämnat honom ensam på någon fest. Han var bra packad och på dåligt humör och började skrika könsord och svordomar till kvinnan. När han började banka i väggar gick jag fram och bad honom sänka rösten.

När Axl Rose ignorerade honom, tilltalade Pascal Håkansson sångarens assistent i stället.

Då sa det pang.

- Axl vände sig om och gav mig en knuff över bröst och hals."

"Axl was pissed because people had left him by his own at some party. He was really drunk and in a bad mode and started to yell taunt at the woman. When he started to pounding the walls I went to him and asked him to low his voice. He ignored me, and I tried to talk to the woman(his assistant) instead.

BANG!

-Axl turned around and gave me a push over throat and chest."

I don´t think Axl was pissed AT Beta. I think he was just pissed over the situation..

He didn´t hurled AT Beta. He hurled over the situation to her.

It´s a big difference if that´s the case and if it is that 40 pages "Axl insulted a woman" thread is just bullshit!

Yeah, thats correct. And accordibg to the guard he didn´t pulled his hair. He hooked his arm around Axls neck.

"we wrestled for about a minute"

Would someone mind translating that whole interview with the security guard from the aftonbladet site?

Some of the quotes i've read, it sounds like the media exploded his comments in to something much more, so maybe some of us were wrong to immediately jump to conclusions about him, my self included :question:

LIZ

There's a bit of a paradox in Merck's statement really. Obviously he's backing his man, but if it takes 5 cops to restrain a drunk person..........you catch my drift........

At the end of the day, Axl was probably a bit pissed, a bit drunk or whatever, and did something pretty fuckin stupid. As Merck correctly puts it, there was millions of dollars at stake and thousans of fans with tickets. Now, where Merck is very WRONG, is that if things went tits up and a couple of shows were cancelled, the finger of blame in no way goes to the cops.

Bottom line, it goes to Axl. If he can't behave on tour and act like a 44 year old man should, then it's completely his fault if he's locked in a cell when he should be playing a show.

Celebrity, movie star, rock star.... it doesn't matter. If you do the crime, you do the time as they say. We all make mistakes, hopefully Axl can learn from his. But all this bullshit blaming everyone EXCEPT Axl doesn't wash with me.........

Come on Axl, don't let your fans, and yourself, down..... rock2

LA

Edited by LA_0013

OMG, this statement is just one long whine.

Merck had the opportunity to set the record straight and address the facts of the case. Instead he lays blame on everyone involved, the guard, police and media and doesn't confirm or deny anything that led up to the arrest. What a disappointment.

Merck rocks! Now we have both sides of the story. and honestly, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but who gives a fuck? its over with, he's out of jail, and the tour continues.

that was so well written, Axl and the band are lucky to have someone like Merck representing them.

Totally agree with you mate.

same here now we got the truth from Merck all i have to say is fuck the press :fuckyou:

Edited by thomase

Would someone mind translating that whole interview with the security guard from the aftonbladet site?

Some of the quotes i've read, it sounds like the media exploded his comments in to something much more, so maybe some of us were wrong to immediately jump to conclusions about him, my self included :question:

LIZ

Pascal Håkansson arrived at work 6 o´clock on Tuesday morning and began his fourth day of work as a guard in the lobby at Berns.

And what a day.

The tumult with the legendary Axl Rose, singer in the worldfamus rockband Guns n Roses, has become a cover news around the world.

CNN, USA Today and Fox News are some american mediagiants who have repported the arresting of Rose in Stockholm.

But the guard in he lobby have been kept secret. Until now.

Now has the 25-year old Pascal Håkansson chosed to tell us the story.

He was really drunk.

Axl came alone to the hotel and went up to his room. He went down again, in company with some sort of coordinater, an older woman who claimed she was his mother."

He tells the story calm and gently.

-Axl was pissed because people had left him by his own at some party. He was really drunk and in a bad mode and started to yell taunt at the woman. When he started to pounding the walls I went to him and asked him to low his voice. He ignored me, and I tried to talk to the woman(his assistant) instead.

BANG!

-Axl turned around and pushed me over my throat and chest."

Did he pushed you hard?

-I lost my balance totally. I wasn´t prepared for that and had to bend down to keep myself on my feet.

Then he attact me and started to fight.

I bent my arm around his neck.

-I had to fended off a few punches. Then I gotted a firm grip round his neck and succeeded to get him down on the floor. We wrestled for about a minute. He was strong.

Then he bit your leg?

-Yes, but I didn´t felt it at first. U don´t feel anything when you get that cind of kick of adrenaline.

He could have had hepathit B or any other infectious disease. It was really unpleasant. To bite someone is disgusting in general.

When you layed there on the floor, was it possible to hold him?

-No, it wasn´t. He was wild. Totally wild. He said he would kill me. He yelled:"I"m gonna fuck your life up"

Axls bodyguard came down the lobby and at the same time the receptionist called the cops. The bodyguard tryed to calm him down, but Rose countered "move if u want to keep your job" and throwed a vase in a mirror.

He was fucking wild.

-How did he looked?

He had a crazy, nasty glance.

Was he drunk?

-Yes, he was on alcohol or any other stuff.

4 cops armed with nightsticks arrived about 8 o´clock.

-He had not calmed down by then. He yelled that he was going to make my life a living hell.

What happened to you when the cops arrived?

-Iwas upset. i talked to the personal at the reception. One of the girls who worked there was upset over the situation. I wrote and repported the incident.

Later the cops called me and wanted me to go to the hospital.

What did they checked at the hospital?

-If the bite had got through my skin, but it hadn´t.

Was you scared?

Not at the moment. As a guard u´ve experienced a lot. But afterwards I thought about it. It could have ended up different considering the man was cray.

Why did U hold hold a low profile ´til now?

-U need to have time to reflect the things that happened.

"Nobody has called"

Axl Rose has admitted and is forced to pay you about 1200 $. Have you heard anything from him?

No one have called me, not the cops nor his crew or the prosecutor.

Are you moving on?

-I´ll contact a lawyer to know what possibilitys I have. If this would have happened in the states, I would be a millionare by now", says Pascal Håkansson about suing Axl.

Edited by shootingstar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5132106.stm

Rock star Axl Rose accuses police

Axl Roses performs at the Roskilde Festival in Denmark this weekend

Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose was "held for ransom" and mistreated by Swedish police when he was arrested on Tuesday in Stockholm, his manager has claimed.

Merck Mercuriadis said the star was threatened with up to three weeks in prison if he did not "co-operate", jeopardising the band's tour.

He said police were fully aware there were "millions of dollars at stake".

Rose was released on Tuesday evening after admitting violent conduct and criminal damage and paying a fine.

The singer had been arrested after a fracas in the lobby of Stockholm's Berns Hotel, during which a hotel security guard accused Rose of biting him.

He had performed before 15,000 people on Monday and was scheduled to play another concert in Oslo on Wednesday.

'Threatened'

"We are in the middle of a tour," Mr Mercuriadis said.

"The Swedish authorities were very aware of this, yet continually threatened us over a 12 hour period with between five days and three weeks incarceration without bail if Axl did not 'co-operate'.

"They were fully aware that there were millions of dollars at stake, not to mention the hopes of tens of thousands of fans who had paid for tickets to see Guns N' Roses."

"The point is, the police report should not be taken at face value, and if one were to be explicit, this experience is tantamount to being held for ransom.

"If the context were any different, Axl would probably have preferred to spend the time in jail in order to ensure that all the facts were a matter of public record."

The manager said Rose had been accosted by the security guard and was "physically mistreated" during his arrest.

Rose agreed to pay a 40,000 krona (£3,000) fine and 10,000 krona (£750) damages to the security guard.

Guns N' Roses will perform at the Roskilde Festival in Denmark this weekend.

Just thought some of you might be interested, at least the BBC are only reporting accurate facts!

LIZ :)

Rose agreed to pay a 40,000 krona (£3,000) fine and 10,000 krona (£750) damages to the security guard.

i dont think thats a whole lot of money actually....

those figures put into US dollars, is like just about 8,500!!!

no shit he agreed to pay that!!! out 8 and a half grand or millions for the concerts??? fuck man, breakin the law in other countries is cheap!!! AXL blows more than 8 grand a night partying!!!

Edited by angryjanitor69