IRS and TWAT

chicagocoma13

I have yet to hear the new versions of IRS and TWAT. Are they Better than the first versions or are they arranged in a differnet way ?

not really, these "new" versions are actually from a 1999 session. these are not as polished as the first leaks. the good thing is that the vocals are more clear and seem to be from a different take in some spots.

Edited by fridayfan13

Doesn't matter if they are finished or not. We have the general idea and we've heard them live, so they aren't going to change that much.

I personally think they are excellent. 10 years though - hmmm. Time will tell. I've yet to experience GNR live this time around, I will on the 18th July, but the new stuff - to me, so far - has been performed below par for what we know this band is capable of.

Also, I've not heard the "unpolished, earlier versions" and would very much like to do so. Please, Thank you ;)

Edited by invisible_rose

Doesn't matter if they are finished or not. We have the general idea and we've heard them live, so they aren't going to change that much.

Well you have to remember, the guys are playing the Demo versions. Not the final take of what will come in the year 2015. It might be that they are going to take in or out a section of lyrics and maybe add different take on guitars depending of how it is viewed by the 'Master Produce' Takes.

I personally dont care much about them, I know I can rest easy and wait much longer for a finished material. I trust the Producer(S) to have something that people will like in the end and please some fans.

The old 1999 (?) demos (the ones we've got recently) are good... I listen to them ocasionally.

But the 200?'s versions are much better. Buckethead improvised both songs. Especially TWAT with that amazing outro. It takes the song to a whole new level.

all I can really say is that I was very pleasantly surprised with how good the new songs are. And I've even got two of my mates who weren't exactly into GNR and were sceptical into liking them

these tunes are fuckin pish if thats what ten years produces the album will fail its a lot of fuckin garbage

They're not a finished product dumbass! :lol:

He was refering to the more recent ones...

and he is also right aswell...

also, who says they arent a finished product? They sound the same live as they do on the leaks to me. There isnt much more they can do to them...

Well you have to remember, the guys are playing the Demo versions. Not the final take of what will come in the year 2015. It might be that they are going to take in or out a section of lyrics and maybe add different take on guitars depending of how it is viewed by the 'Master Produce' Takes.

I personally dont care much about them, I know I can rest easy and wait much longer for a finished material. I trust the Producer(S) to have something that people will like in the end and please some fans.

In my opinion Axl wouldn't have brought these tracks out on the road if they weren't finished. As Merck said, Axl doesn't want people to hear unfinished material. Why would they go and perform them live?

Also taking out a section of lyrics isn't really going to make a huge difference to the song. The songs will be tuned and tweaked. You may improve on what you already have. You can do the same to an engine, but the car is still essentially the same.

the songs are alot clearer- Axls voice is over the top of guitar (like Better), and the guitars sound much more 'fuller'. They just lack Bucketheads shred parts. If the original versions of IRS and TWAT were like this in terms of how clear they were, they would own big time. Especially bucketheads IRS solo.

I want even aware there were 2 verisons of these songs out there, i have the shitty bootleg we got last year of irs, and the leaked tracks from this year, but only one version of twat. :rolleyes:

I like both songs, twat is great, rock and roll extravegance! good ol axl.

I seem to like irs the more i listen!

I was at rio, irs live is wicked!

If the original versions of IRS and TWAT were like this in terms of how clear they were, they would own big time. Especially bucketheads IRS solo.

damn right....Bucket took them songs in another level. You can hear the earlier versions, and they all sound outdated with out Buckets contribution!