According to the NY Post...............................

Death Star

I dont understand this...first everyone are bitchin' why is the guy locked in some house for 10 years and then he finally comes out to rock and now everyone are complaining about his drinkin' and shit and because he's 44 and he drinks every night then he has to be depressed right...because you know that thats the only reason for his drinkin' right...wtf... as long as he is out there to rock is fine with me!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is fuckin' full of himself. But he really seems like a sad person. I think inside he's very depressed. He's acting like he's 21 and just won the lottery.

Okay, so going out, and having a good time means that you are a sad person, and depressed? Plenty of people of wealth go out and spend a lot of money on champagne, and lots of people buy drinks for people, that doesnt mean your sad or depressed, it means your being social.

Right you are. Ya wanna know what's sad for a guy of 44? Staying home for the last 10 years and actually saying in interviews "There's nothing for me out there, everything I need is in my house or in the studio", as he roughly said in 99 or so. He even mentioned something in there about no need to go clubbing. THAT is a sad defeatist attitude, and one I'm thrilled he's over. Geez, the whole band is basically his age, Slash, Gilby...and Lars too. Should none of them party or have a good time being social? They are rockstars. Go talk to Mick or Keith Richards, tell them they should have stopped partying at 40, like 20 years ago, see how that goes over!

seriously, who gives a fuck?

some of you people obviously have a warped sense of normality in your own lives if you think the lead singer of a rock n' roll band going out and partying every night when he's on tour is not normal. how many frontmen do you know that go back to their hotel and go to sleep after a gig? i know i never did.

the guys enjoying himself, he's finished work (pretty much) on his 10 year obsession and now he's living the high life again. good luck to him.

some of you people obviously need to get a handle on your own lives before passing comment on someone elses..

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

Wow, I didnt know when drinking with Lars meant that you were an alcoholic. I guess thats the sign when you hit rock bottom?

The guy must certantly need the 7 steps to recovery than!

:P

12 steps :)

funny how easy it is to point out the true VR fans...Axl is spending a lot of money on booze for his friends and himself...oh shit fuckin universe is collapsing...i personally would rather have him not show his face around ever like he used too...at least then, we could just speculate...oh wait...

^^^^ Exactly!

Axl is out there living it up just like a Rock Star should. Right now everything is going his way...he's got an kick ass band... touring round world, got the hot chicks and parting every night..... Anything wrong with that?? where does it says a 44 year old cant have fun every night??

Get a life you idiots!...... you just wish you had that life. The money, the chicks, the Rock god status, etc...

Rock on AXL...it's your time to shine! rock2 rock3

The guy is fuckin' full of himself. But he really seems like a sad person. I think inside he's very depressed. He's acting like he's 21 and just won the lottery.

Okay, so going out, and having a good time means that you are a sad person, and depressed? Plenty of people of wealth go out and spend a lot of money on champagne, and lots of people buy drinks for people, that doesnt mean your sad or depressed, it means your being social.

Getting FUCKING WASTED all the time is different, and having a bunch of strippers surround you, different ones each night, and getting into meaningless fights.... who knows, maybe that is being social these days, the days when people go on "blind dates" through their cell phone.

There are wars going on, people starving, awful diseases but Axl is spending all of the money we gave him in champagne, vodka, whisky, cars, girls and private jets! :cry:

Sometimes I'd rather be a Bono's fan!

Getting FUCKING WASTED all the time is different, and having a bunch of strippers surround you, different ones each night, and getting into meaningless fights.... who knows, maybe that is being social these days, the days when people go on "blind dates" through their cell phone.

Man you sound like you are actually some sidekick to Axl...knowing his every move...I like it

funny how easy it is to point out the true VR fans...Axl is spending a lot of money on booze for his friends and himself...oh shit fuckin universe is collapsing...i personally would rather have him not show his face around ever like he used too...at least then, we could just speculate...oh wait...

Wait a minute! What does Axl getting loaded every night have to do with being a VR fan?

He's been partying since he was in New York, and who knows what he was doing for the 4 years prior to that when he was in his self-imposed exile.

If people were "true" fans, and really care about the man as much as they proclaim to on a message board, maybe they would express more concern about his alcohol intake lately instead of praising him for it. jmo.

Wait a minute! What does Axl getting loaded every night have to do with being a VR fan?

He's been partying since he was in New York, and who knows what he was doing for the 4 years prior to that when he was in his self-imposed exile.

If people were "true" fans, and really care about the man as much as they proclaim to on a message board, maybe they would express more concern about his alcohol intake lately instead of praising him for it. jmo.

Sorry there are no minutes here...I could give a rats ass about how much he's partying..I know I would and sitting over on the other side of the pc..hearing all these reports and whining about how much Axl drinks is just lame...just good to know that there is nothing else going on..you know great shows...showing up at everyshow...band sounding solid...album most likely to come out this year...etc...but a grown man at 44? Be concerned...please...lil' bit lame

Sorry there are no minutes here...I could give a rats ass about how much he's partying..I know I would and sitting over on the other side of the pc..hearing all these reports and whining about how much Axl drinks is just lame...just good to know that there is nothing else going on..you know great shows...showing up at everyshow...band sounding solid...album most likely to come out this year...etc...but a grown man at 44? Be concerned...please...lil' bit lame

Who's whining about his drinking? It's called discussing...And if you could give a rat's ass why post in a thread that has nothing to do with the shows, the band or the album.

As for not being concerned about a 44 year old man, didn't know there was a cut-off age when people stop giving a shit.

Man you sound like you are actually some sidekick to Axl...knowing his every move...I like it

I read a headline on this forum once a week. They're all the same.

I'm not "upset he came out of his house." I really don't give a shit what the guy does. I'm just making an observation like every single last one of you make. I'm sorry if my one post in the Gn'R section every 3 months makes me seem like an Axl stalker. And to think... it's all because I happen to like VR. And Gn'R, new and old.

I don't care if you're a rock star. If you're 42 and acting every night as if you were a college kid just turned 21 on spring break with a 1.6 GPA... then that's pretty sad and the guy might find trouble soon, either emotionally or more externally. I mean, once in a while is fine. But there's more to life. The guy hasn't seemed to ever have had a significant female relationship ever, except the one that lasted a couple years that he seems to base all his songs off. Oh, and his assistant adopted mother figure.

The guy might have every reason to be depressed, but I think that he very well might be depressed.

I swear, I make one simple observation....

All you idiots saying that "he's being a fucking rockstar, so fucking cool".

You have no idea.

Have you ever picked up an Aerosmith biography? At one point, Joe Perry wasn't attracting enough people to his solo show to pay rent, and Steven Tyler was in a seedy motel, completely broke, on a $20 allowance per day from the record company, which all went to the crack dealers on the street.

It ruined them, it did not 'work' for them. While on heavy drugs and alchohol they recorded their worst albums: "Night in the Ruts" & "Rock in a Hard Place".

Even when reunited with Perry & Whitford, they still were demoted to opening for much, much inferior bands, nobody cared about them anymore, and to think that just 7 years ago they were selling out HUGE arenas and selling millions of records. By the time the band got sober, they were still just a bunch of wasted, washed out rockers, then they released two records so focused, so well- thought out as "Permanent Vacation" & "Pump" and all of a sudden they were everywhere, their popularity was easily the highest since the release of "Rocks", it was amazing!

That is the story of sobriety and its benefits.

I don't care if you're a rock star. If you're 42 and acting every night as if you were a college kid just turned 21 on spring break with a 1.6 GPA... then that's pretty sad and the guy might find trouble soon, either emotionally or more externally. I mean, once in a while is fine. But there's more to life. The guy hasn't seemed to ever have had a significant female relationship ever, except the one that lasted a couple years that he seems to base all his songs off. Oh, and his assistant adopted mother figure.

The guy might have every reason to be depressed, but I think that he very well might be depressed.

I swear, I make one simple observation....

I have one question, who are you to pass judgement on how someone else lives their life? and what makes you believe anyone cares what you think? just because you dont believe it's 'right' doesn't make it wrong..

Good to see Axl being a rockstar! rock3

At 42 or whatever the hell he is, it's sad. Seems from an outsiders perspective that he hasn't discovered there's more to life than getting drunk, getting in meaningless fights, and hanging out at the titty bar.

"I want the original band back" people....take note

and what makes you believe anyone cares what you think? just because you dont believe it's 'right' doesn't make it wrong..

I don't know why or if he thinks that people care but I think that people care because all you guys take the time to answer what he posts. remember its a discussion.

on topic

Axl can die today or live forever. if he's alive or dead or sick or sad doesn't affect my life in any way. if axl offers a product I'm willed to pay money for I will do so and that's all I've got to do with Axl Rose.

The guy hasn't seemed to ever have had a significant female relationship ever, except the one that lasted a couple years that he seems to base all his songs off. Oh, and his assistant adopted mother figure.

He was with Gina Siler for a couple of years, with Erin for five years and with Steph for a little over a year and a half. Then he went into relative seclusion, and his private live became more private. He could have been with the same woman from 1994 to 2000, for all we know.

I do get the point you're trying to make though.

Edited by Angelica