Does it bother you that CD will only have 5 songs we haven't heard?

Axl_morris

In my ideal world "Chinese Democracy", "The Blues", "TWAT" and "Better" will be on CD leaving the others to be put on a later Album....but that is only a dream....

Does anyone really think Axl is going to be stupid enough to put all previously heard tracks on CD....he probably knows the reaction he would recieve if he did that....

Either way we still get new songs and I can't wait!....if this album is to the same standard as AFD then I would be ecstatic.....AFD is the highest selling debut album of all time and in the top 15 highest selling albums.....hopefully CD will make it into the top 15 also....

Edited by Thorne

Yeh it eats away at me. I wake up in cold sweats every night.

Man I wish I was as funny as you. :wub:

Anyway, tools aside you make a good point. I don't necessarily think we will have ruined it for ourselves. I hear the song 'Chinese Democracy' all the time and I can't fuckin' wait to hear it on the album... just because of that... it will be on the album. If everyone of these songs you mentioned are on the album, I'll be delighted because they are all ace songs and will make a great record.

I've never expected 'Chinese Democracy' to change music, I think that's wishful thinking. However, I do believe it will be significant in the sense that it creates a new part of GN'R history and effectively puts to an end reunion bullshit and allows the music industry to finally give the new guys the credit they deserve.

Anyway, tools aside you make a good point. I don't necessarily think we will have ruined it for ourselves. I hear the song 'Chinese Democracy' all the time and I can't fuckin' wait to hear it on the album... just because of that... it will be on the album. If everyone of these songs you mentioned are on the album, I'll be delighted because they are all ace songs and will make a great record.

I've never expected 'Chinese Democracy' to change music, I think that's wishful thinking. However, I do believe it will be significant in the sense that it creates a new part of GN'R history and effectively puts to an end reunion bullshit and allows the music industry to finally give the new guys the credit they deserve.

blah blah blah blah........remember you still have to eat your hat when it comes out this year... :xmasssanta:

blah blah blah blah........remember you still have to eat your hat when it comes out this year... :xmasssanta:

:laugh: Ha! Charlie you fucker! :rofl-lol:

Don't remind them :no:

well firstly, catcher in the rye is apparently not on the album so that leaves 6 songs. But yea I can see what you're saying but I'm sure that the songs we have heard are slightely different to the final thing. Also that's why I try not to listen to them very often so that it's still a bit of a surprise or new when they come out

I don't think anyone has confirmed that Catcher isn't on the album. I think the only thing Axl's said about it is that May's guitar may stay and it may not. The fact that they wanted to play the song with May at Hammersmith probably means his parts will stay.

And what about Checkmate? Has that even been confirmed as being a GN'R track? Even if it has, nobody has talked about it being on the album. We can't assume that it will be. From what little we've heard IMO it'll probably be one of the weaker songs. I'm still skeptical about this one...from how good the song is all the way to it's legitimacy at all.

If Axl's got two or three albums coming then the songs we've already heard will likely be split between them. I bet more than half the songs on CD will be songs we haven't heard yet, though the album will almost surely leak in its entirety in the weeks leading up to release. What are you going to do then, people? :P

Edited by KBear