Sam Cooke

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Do we have any Sam Cooke fans? He was it, from Gospel celebrity to Pop star to social voice, the man was always on top. Music doesn't get any better than "A Change Is Gonna Come".

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

He does "Good Times" right? I liked the Stones version, never heard his.

Well that's something Yamz! You should seek out some of his material, it's all great. I love Out of Our Heads by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one his greatest hits CDs. IMO....he has one of the best vocals in "Rock N Roll" history. But I cannot say that I'm a fan of his music overall. However, A Change is Gonna Come, is very moving. The first time I heard it was on Malcom X. And back then, I thought that Axl should of covered that song.

I have one his greatest hits CDs. IMO....he has one of the best vocals in "Rock N Roll" history. But I cannot say that I'm a fan of his music overall. However, A Change is Gonna Come, is very moving. The first time I heard it was on Malcom X. And back then, I thought that Axl should of covered that song.

:lol: Imagine that.

Back from that tour?

:lol: Imagine that.

Back from that tour?

Yep, I'm back in black.

And this board sucks worse than ever.

And so does the band...........................OHHHH....did I say that?? I'm sorry.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

^"You Gotta Move" was a cover of Fred McDowell, and The Rolling Stones released it long after Sam Cooke had died. They did cover Cooke a couple times though, "Good Times" on Out of Our Heads for example.

Was he the same as the Sam from Sam and Dave, who died?

#

No.