Concert review

November_rain

Hi,last night concert was awesome, better than Madrid. They started an hour and a half later,around 1:25 in the morning and the gig lasted more than 2 hours.

I managed to get to the first row! They started with WTTJ and the people went nuts. The set list was more or less the same as in the rest of the concerts but this time they didn´t play IRS, TWAT :( , andChinese democracy.I saw Beta on the right side of the stage and some guys next to me were shouting all the time BETA BRAZIL! BETA BRAZIL! waving a Brazilian flag at the same time and they did it several times and one of them Axl looked in our direction with an expression of surprise or like wtf?.

Everything was rolling until in the middle of SCOM some stupid fuckhead threw something to the stage and it almost hit Axl, then a few seconds later he took the object and threw it furiously on the floor and then kicked it very angry, and disappeared of stage for a few seconds, we thought the worst, maybe he was angry and didn´t want to go on, but after a few seconds he came back.

The band sounded great, Richard and Bunblefoot were right in front of me most of the time, Axl seemed in good humour, he was joking all the time with band members. And before the middle of the show.... he introduced Izzy Stradling!!!!!he played a blues song and all the band and a bald guy sang the song together. Then he played OTGM with the band and later Axl joked with the audience asking if we wanted them to go on ( not with these exact words ) and the audience answered a shy SI, YES and Axl said " No?, OK, good night! " and people shouted NOOOOOO and he laughed and kept on with the show.

Then, he asked Izzy back on stage and he played with the band some more songs. During this time, people from the GNR staff were giving VIP passes to some girls in the first row and I got one!!! . One of the staff memebers came to where we were and said that the band was going to have a backstage party and wanted girls.

They finished the show and people were clapping and asking for more, so a little bit later they came and played Madagascar and Paradise city. Then Axl said good fucking night and threw the mic to the audience. There was a rain of little coloured papers and left the stage. They came back all together to salute and we were all singing to them " oe, oe, oe, oe, oe" and clapping and they danced at it and laughed. It was a great concert, the best concert I´ve ever been. I took some pics with my shitty camera phone and recorded an 8 second video of NR, I´ll post them ASAP.

After the gig we went to the entrance and they didn´t want to let us in, they said our VIP passes didn´t allow us to go in, but after a while an American girl came and asked our ages and let us in. When we were arriving backstage a segurity guy told us we couldn´t be there again :rolleyes: but we saw Dizzy Reed and I called him and told him to come, so the security guy left. We met Dizzy, very briefly but the guy was very nice with us :) . Only me and another girl could speak english, I asked Dizzy to let us in but he smiled and said he couldn´t. Then a gorilla came and told us to go to the catering area and we said bye to Dizzy, but a few seconds later he appeared there and then left.

We were all there, we were supposed to be in a party with the band but there was only staff members so I decided to go out and have some fresh air. I talked to some guys working for them and I was trying to convince them to let me in but :no: . Then, suddenly I saw THE MAN!!! It was AXL ROSE leaving the backstage!!!!! I was like :o but I couldn´t even give a step because when I tried to go to Axl, a gorilla took me by the arm and didn´t allow me to get close to him.

So, it was all a lie, we didn´t party with the band because we were told they had to go quickly to the airport to fly back to London. So, I left the party and went home. And that´s all!

Edited by November_rain

Nice review, I wish I was there :no:

I was in Madrid and I don't think it was a bad show, in fact it was an amazing concert IMO, but if this gig in El Ejido has been better.. wow! rock3

I was in Madrid too and the show was awesome but the show in El Ejido was better IMO :)

Nice review.

Fly back to London? That's odd, they're not playing there for another 2 weeks.

Hey wait a second, wasn't there a rumour that a music video was being created in London a month or so back? People claimed that the band were in London right after the NYC shows to record for it?

Hello!!!!

i CAME BACK YESTERDAY FROM EL EJIDO SO TIRED.BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

I COULD BE IN THE FIRST ROW IN BETWEN AXL AND FORTUS SO I WAS SO HAPPY.

I WAS IN MADRID BEFORE AND IT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME SHOW,I ENJOYED IT A LOT,BUT HERE IT WAS LIKE ,LITTLE MORE ENERGY,AXL WAS VERY HAPPY AND MAYBE THATS MY APPRECIATION JUST BECAUSE I SAW IT IN FRONT,BUT ANYWAY WAS A GREAT CONCERT AND ONE OF THE BEST TIMES IN MY LIFE.

THE SETLIST(MAYBE NOT IN ORDER): JUNGLE,EASY,LIVE AND LET DIE, BETTER,SWEET CHILD, OUT TO GET ME ,KOHD,U COULD BE MINE,THE BLUES,MY MICHELLE,NOV.RAIN.THEN THE SURPRISE,EVEN IF I NEW THAT IZZY GO ONSTAGE SOMETIMES I DIDIN´T EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN ,BUT HE DID.HE PLAYED SOME BLUES SONG I DO NOT KNOW,THINK ABOUT YOU AND STAY UNTIL THE END WITHOUT MADAGASCAR,OF COURSE.tHEN IT CAME NIGHTRAIN,PATIENCE AND ON THE ENCORE MADAGASCAR AND PARADISE CITY.

tHE RAIN OF CONFETTI WAS FUN THERE...

O.K. AND THEN FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN SAYING THAT AXL WAS FAT:WHY DON´T YOU GIVE ME A BREAK????? HE IS SO GOOD LOOKING THAT I COULD´NT BELIEVE IT EVEN IF HAD SEEN MANY PICTURES BEFORE,I CAN SAY THAT I WAS SO GLAD TO BE CLOSE .IT WAS A DREAM AFTER SO MANY YEARS.

ON LAST THING.EVERYTIME I HEAR FORTUS (sorry,i mean robin) I THINK HE IS WORST.SORRY BUT IS NOT ABOUT THAT SLASH THING ANYMORE,IS JUST THAT I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

O.K.

I HOPE I CAN CATCH THEM AGAIN.

Edited by dizzzyvamp

Good show. The band has grown a lot since Madrid. Especially Robin, which, in my opinion, played horrible at the Madrid Show has improved a lot. He also introduced some strange movements while he was playing (reminded me a bit of Monty Python's Silly Walks).

I didn't like the performance of Izzy at all, he moves and looks like really old guy to me (sorry, just M.I.).

It was a pitty that the set list didn't include too many new song (no IRS, Chinese Democracy and TWAT).

mr.Q

So ... The setlist should look like:

Welcome to the Jungle, It's so Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live and Let Die, Better, Robin Solo & Sweet Child, Out Ta Get Me, Knockin on Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, The Blues, My Michelle, November Rain, Izzy coming on-stage, You Gotta Move [Rolling Stones cover], Think About You [w. Izzy], Patience [w. Izzy], Nightrain [w. Izzy]

Encore: Madagascar, Robin Solo & Paradise City

Missing something?? .... There was probably "Beautiful" song somewhere in between... and few other solo stuff....

M.

I didn't like the performance of Izzy at all, he moves and looks like really old guy to me (sorry, just M.I.).

He's alway's been like that. He's got a very understated kind of style.

Izzy's a cool motherfucker. He's nearly as cool as Keef. And that's saying something.

• 2 months later...
Hello!!!!

I WAS IN MADRID BEFORE AND IT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME SHOW,I ENJOYED IT A LOT,BUT HERE IT WAS LIKE ,LITTLE MORE ENERGY,AXL WAS VERY HAPPY AND MAYBE THATS MY APPRECIATION JUST BECAUSE I SAW IT IN FRONT,BUT ANYWAY WAS A GREAT CONCERT AND ONE OF THE BEST TIMES IN MY LIFE.

THE SETLIST(MAYBE NOT IN ORDER): JUNGLE,EASY,LIVE AND LET DIE, BETTER,SWEET CHILD, OUT TO GET ME ,KOHD,U COULD BE MINE,THE BLUES,MY MICHELLE,NOV.RAIN.THEN THE SURPRISE,EVEN IF I NEW THAT IZZY GO ONSTAGE SOMETIMES I DIDIN´T EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN ,BUT HE DID.HE PLAYED SOME BLUES SONG I DO NOT KNOW,THINK ABOUT YOU AND STAY UNTIL THE END WITHOUT MADAGASCAR,OF COURSE.tHEN IT CAME NIGHTRAIN,PATIENCE AND ON THE ENCORE MADAGASCAR AND PARADISE CITY.

O.K. AND THEN FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN SAYING THAT AXL WAS FAT:WHY DON´T YOU GIVE ME A BREAK????? HE IS SO GOOD LOOKING THAT I COULD´NT BELIEVE IT EVEN IF HAD SEEN MANY PICTURES BEFORE,I CAN SAY THAT I WAS SO GLAD TO BE CLOSE .IT WAS A DREAM AFTER SO MANY YEARS.

ON LAST THING.EVERYTIME I HEAR FORTUS (sorry,i mean robin) I THINK HE IS WORST.SORRY BUT IS NOT ABOUT THAT SLASH THING ANYMORE,IS JUST THAT I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

O.K.

Hello!!!!

O.K.

I was there and I agree with you,I had also waited for years to finally see them.

Hello!!!!

O.K.

Do you have any pics from the concert,cos I didnt take my camera that night in case they were not allowed.

I would be really greatful if you had any which you could pass me on.