Harmonizing vocals

Hey this is just a quick question.. I know it's not good to sing along with cd's and everything, but what about trying to harmonize vocally along with a cd?

I'm singing some backup parts for my band that would require a harmony type part, and I was wondering if this would help to train my ear and my voice to be able to sing in harmony better.

Hey this is just a quick question.. I know it's not good to sing along with cd's and everything, but what about trying to harmonize vocally along with a cd?

I'm singing some backup parts for my band that would require a harmony type part, and I was wondering if this would help to train my ear and my voice to be able to sing in harmony better.

Why is it bad to sing along with cds?

Well I've always been told it's been bad to sing EXACTLY along with them, like same notes. Because you don't really develope your ear to hear notes around the music, but rather with what the other guys singing.. I've heard from so many places and people to not sing along with a CD exactly

Well I've always been told it's been bad to sing EXACTLY along with them, like same notes. Because you don't really develope your ear to hear notes around the music, but rather with what the other guys singing.. I've heard from so many places and people to not sing along with a CD exactly

well... it´s mostly because artists are punched in and autotuned to fucking hell. mike levels and other tricks done in studio to get the right "sound" and performance.

you might need sing loud at a part, but then not as loud as you think you need to, because the singer had a cue mix in a studio booth with tons of gear helping him understand and get out his own voice.

just try going into a studio with a GOOD engineer, and ask him to set you up to sing to a gnr song acapella. after a while you´ll see that hitting those notes are done differently in a studio than singing WTTJ in your car. ;)