Lil help please!!

right, heres the deal ,been playin guitar for roughly 2 years now, and am getting prettygood at it.

But I wanna upgrade my kit,im kinda finding limits with my present equipment and am not sure which is most important, new guitar, amp or effects pedal .

Currrently am using a crappy Squier nu metal pack, complete with crappy 10w amp!!

Any suggestions on what to do next???? :question::question:

Definitely an amp. Especially if you want to jam with others. You might have a nice guitar but no one will hear you if youre jamming with a drummer.

Im actually in the same situation with my bandmate who also plays guitar. He wants to buy a new guitar but Im trying to get him to buy larger amp. Hes currently using a 15w combo. Im playing through 150w, bass player through 100w and when we get a drummer he wont be heard. Which isn't a bad thing when I think about it. This guy hasnt been playing too long but he is hopeless. Hasnt bothered to learn any basic chords and just reads tabs. :no:

Get an Engl, Cornford, Randal, laney or the new Crate series.

Stay away from overpriced Marshall CRAP!

The Randal stuff has eq devices you can change out to get a different sound.

The Engl amps sound amazing!!

Not too familiar with Laney or Crate, just that they are gaining a rep.

And I know some good bands playing them.

Don´t mess around with too many pedals, just get a Wah Wah. :D

if you play prog music or floydish stuff get a tremolo.

other than that. you don´t need too many pedals.

Maybe a delay... but get a nice amp and a good axe.

A GIBSON Lp or a Firebird go for more than 400 Euros man...If what you want is a nice guitar and don't care about the logo on the Headstock, get yourself a Custom made from a nearby luthier. But if you do care about the logo on the headstock, maybe your best shot is a used Fender Stratocaster or Telecaster, or even a fixed Epi...

If you decide to get a Custom made, make sure you:

1- See the woods that you pay for and make sure they are the ones you agreed on

Nice Neck wood page

2- Make sure the luthier is the best around, don't take anybody whose been workin on this under 10 years or that gives no garauntee.

3- Find specifically the sound you like, Research your favourite guitar players and what they use (Not brand but pickups, bridges, etc...) and then assemble your guitar, obviusly with the help of the Luthier.

4- Keep a close watch at the Luthiers work and make sure you point out ANYTHING you dont like

5- Finally, a personal recomendation, design a special painting for the guitar ...to make it a little more unique, to do this you must ask the luthier first to build the body of the guitar and hand it over to you while he works on the other things or meanwhile you get the money to pay for the pickups (sometimes you'll get the guitar by parts untill you finish getting the money to pay for all parts) and paint it, or if youre no good at painting ask a friend to design something for it or paint it for you, trust me, if you want the chicks to go crazy for your guitar, its not the logo on it but how it looks you should be worried about, and getting it a special custom made painting drives them nuts. Check out Clapton's Cream SG or Hendrix's Flying V for some "inspiration"...I Myself am painting my Custom Telly exactly like Page's Dragon Telecaster and its looking awesome.