Food for Thought

warchild

This is from a Respected Admin of Another Forum......!!!

"Yes, some of this whining needs to stop! You might get the impression this board is for people who fucking hate the band when you look at this section. rolleyes.gif

It's ridiculous. People act like nothing the band does is right. Whining about guitar players, Axl (as usual), setlists, show length, where they play, who's opening for the band, who's making guest appearances and how often, what they're wearing, what Axl didn't say in between songs etc etc............."

"***************************************************************************

Why Can't This Forum Adopt This Attitude? It doesn't have to stay the way it is.....change is a good thing!

The Band does not enjoy all the whining that is going on in here..........and it is unecessary.....

Critique and constructive criticisim is one thing Moaning and Pissing is another......

ADMIN? Mods?

W.

Edited by warchild

You´re right, and you´ve also said it several times but it seems that the rules here are not 100% respected, because if I remember correctly there is a rule that forbids bashing band members and it seems that some people here don´t want to understand it.

I visit other forums ( not GNR ) and the people there are more respectfull towards the artists they admire and they don´t bash them the way people do here.

You´re right, and you´ve also said it several times but it seems that the rules here are not 100% respected, because if I remember correctly there is a rule that forbids bashing band members and it seems that some people here don´t want to understand it.

I visit other forums ( not GNR ) and the people there are more respectfull towards the artists they admire and they don´t bash them the way people do here.

AGREED NR :heart: ......IF you will notice everytime I mention this it gets "removed"......this forum is quickly

becoming a laughing stock among the others, and it doesn't have to be this way!

Am contacting Eric on this and several other matters..........!!

And, yeah people do look at this forum..........

W......signing out

I dont mind people bashing band members, as long as its done tastefully, respectfully and more oppinionated.

I just want to rid the forum of any assholes who dont have a place here. If you like GnR, Vr, any members who have left etc. then you welcome here and you can be oppinionated as much as you want.

But when people with meaningless lives fucking cupcake everywhere for no reason, I just wanna show them their ass on a silver platter and kick it out the door.

I just wish somebody would make me a Mod and kick start some authority in this place with some new blood.

But like bromle said, "making me a moderator would be like leaving Hitler in charge of some jews..." :P

Here we go, once again.

Warchild - this board has been operating healthily for well over 5 years now. It's got many thousands of members at this stage, with over a million posts.

When you get a board with that many members, you get 'conflicts of opinion' - opinion being the key word here. Our job as moderators is to try and ensure that as many people as possible are happy - we do this by allowing members to express their opinions as freely as possible. This is why we have a GNR Board, a VR Board, an Early Days board, and an Ex Gunners board.

Now, as we can see here - making 25 000 people happy really isn't an easy task - in fact, it's pretty much impossible. Some people complain that we moderate too much as it is - while others, like yourself, will complain that we don't moderate enough.

Sure, occasionally the bashing in a section becomes a little intense - but there's no use pretending that Axl's a saint. He has his flaws, and people will inevitably discuss them. You don't have to scream and rant and rave at them for it - 1. You won't change their opinion and 2. You're not a moderator.

Either way, it's all about finding a balance between what's acceptable and what isn't. Generally, if a debate is civilised, has points backing it up, and is valid - then it's allowed, even if it's critical to an extent. If a topic is just straight out trolling and spam (to be honest, i'd consider some of your own topics as borderline spam, despite being 'positive'), then we remove or lock it.

The rules here are simple. The people here are diverse, and that's what brings interesting discussion to this place. If we cracked down on everything everyone said that was remotely negative towards Axl, then it would be extremely boring posting here.

You make these threads every 3 days warchild, and they never have any impact. I told you what to do last time (send a PM to an admin or mod), and you still didn't listen. Please don't make these pointless topics in the future - send a PM.

Chris.

EDIT: Charlie, you should know by now that by asking to be a mod, you pretty much ensure that you won't be one in the future.

Edited by highvoltage

EDIT: Charlie, you should know by now that by asking to be a mod, you pretty much ensure that you won't be one in the future.

yeah, but I have the will and the determination to do something about unpunished problems. And I'm actually willing to help out.

If its illegal to want to help out and try to make this forum a better place, then I guess I'm guilty as charged... :(

Here we go, once again.

Warchild - this board has been operating healthily for well over 5 years now. It's got many thousands of members at this stage, with over a million posts.

When you get a board with that many members, you get 'conflicts of opinion' - opinion being the key word here. Our job as moderators is to try and ensure that as many people as possible are happy - we do this by allowing members to express their opinions as freely as possible. This is why we have a GNR Board, a VR Board, an Early Days board, and an Ex Gunners board.

Now, as we can see here - making 25 000 people happy really isn't an easy task - in fact, it's pretty much impossible. Some people complain that we moderate too much as it is - while others, like yourself, will complain that we don't moderate enough.

Sure, occasionally the bashing in a section becomes a little intense - but there's no use pretending that Axl's a saint. He has his flaws, and people will inevitably discuss them. You don't have to scream and rant and rave at them for it - 1. You won't change their opinion and 2. You're not a moderator.

Either way, it's all about finding a balance between what's acceptable and what isn't. Generally, if a debate is civilised, has points backing it up, and is valid - then it's allowed, even if it's critical to an extent. If a topic is just straight out trolling and spam (to be honest, i'd consider some of your own topics as borderline spam, despite being 'positive'), then we remove or lock it.

The rules here are simple. The people here are diverse, and that's what brings interesting discussion to this place. If we cracked down on everything everyone said that was remotely negative towards Axl, then it would be extremely boring posting here.

You make these threads every 3 days warchild, and they never have any impact. I told you what to do last time (send a PM to an admin or mod), and you still didn't listen. Please don't make these pointless topics in the future - send a PM.

Chris.

While a appreciate that its a hard job the rules are the rules high, no bashing of band members, moderators made that rule and it should be inforced but it appears mods are unwilling to in certain members cases.

Constuctive critisism is fine by me but bashing is not and it happens every day by persistent offenders.

Im happy to except the rules but just wanna know why certain members appear to be aloud to bash and break the rules that were set for the forum?, this also applies to ex members of the band, which get bashed in equall measure ;)

yeah, but I have the will and the determination to do something about unpunished problems. And I'm actually willing to help out.

If its illegal to want to help out and try to make this forum a better place, then I guess I'm guilty as charged... :(

CHARLIE FOR MODERATOR................!!!!!! YOU GOT MY VOTE!

That's all I would like to see, this forum become a better place......some of these posts DO get seen by Management! :book:

Thanx N.R. :heart:

WARCHILD

Here we go, once again.

Chris.

While a appreciate that its a hard job the rules are the rules high, no bashing of band members, moderators made that rule and it should be inforced but it appears mods are unwilling to in certain members cases.

Constuctive critisism is fine by me but bashing is not and it happens every day by persistent offenders.

Im happy to except the rules but just wanna know why certain members appear to be aloud to bash and break the rules that were set for the forum?, this also applies to ex members of the band, which get bashed in equall measure ;)

When you see a member breaking the rules, then use the "Report" button next to their post.

If you have concerns about a particular member, then send a PM to an admin or mod (madison is good with this sort of thing) about them.

Making topics like this, and making blanket statements about members just doesn't do anything - you need to be specific - how am I to know who you're talking about if you just say "certain members".

The most important thing to do is to use PM's. The open forum isn't the place to discuss individual members or issues. I've left this topic open breifly so I can clarify this.

Here we go, once again.

Chris.

When you see a member breaking the rules, then use the "Report" button next to their post.

If you have concerns about a particular member, then send a PM to an admin or mod (madison is good with this sort of thing) about them.

Making topics like this, and making blanket statements about members just doesn't do anything - you need to be specific - how am I to know who you're talking about if you just say "certain members".

The most important thing to do is to use PM's. The open forum isn't the place to discuss individual members or issues. I've left this topic open breifly so I can clarify this.

Thats a fair point, the reason i didn't name names was because i don't see a point in this turning into a hatchet job on a select few when at times we have all been guilty parties.I was simply wanting clarification ;)

Im not saying this forum is run by clowns or is a shit hole i was just pointing out that if a rule is there then it should be inforced but your correct its hard to inforce without a kinda group effort, an effort the falls on the shoulders of all members i guess :)

Here we go, once again.

Chris.

Well,GOAB....... Kaneda is a personal friend of Madisons.....that is why he gets to do it..........

ask her! ask eric!

And HighVolt, I have Contacted Eric about some of the "events" I mentioned.......

You can't make all the people happy all the time, I realize this, but this forum could be a better place......

Feel Free to mention this thread to him.....

Some of these comments DO get to Management,and others...........

WARCHILD, Supporter and SUPER GOD!

CHARLIE FOR MODERATOR

Here we go, once again.

Chris.

Thats a fair point, the reason i didn't name names was because i don't see a point in this turning into a hatchet job on a select few when at times we have all been guilty parties.I was simply wanting clarification ;)

Im not saying this forum is run by clowns or is a shit hole i was just pointing out that if a rule is there then it should be inforced but your correct its hard to inforce without a kinda group effort, an effort the falls on the shoulders of all members i guess :)

Glad you understand that.

Before I lock this, let me make it clear that bashing isn't tolerated here - and while we give members as many warnings as possible on this, once they're out - they're out. If you see a post that is straight out bashing, then use the report button. It gets a whole lot more done than making a topic like this - where as you can see, we've talked for an hour, and nothing has come of it.

On that note, i've addressed the issues in the thread, so i'm going to lock it. If you have further questions, then please send me (or another mod/admin) a PM.

Well,GOAB....... Kaneda is a personal friend of Madisons.....that is why he gets to do it..........

I couldn't resist re-opening this just to briefly state what complete and utter crap this statement is. Warchild, you have literally got no idea what you're talking about. Please stop pretending that you do. :sleeper: