Why has Axl turned his back on Illusion Material

Kaneda

Here are my thoughts on this....Of course Appetite material kicks ass, but those songs were written at the beginning of Axl's career and they carry a message that is so outdated and tiresome to hear at this point. At his age, songs like Out to Get Me, My Michelle, It's so Easy, Think about You and Mr. Brownstone just to jive well anymore.

Axl's grown up, and so have his fans. The material on the illusion albums is much more mature than the works on appetite, and they are also so much more meanigful and their messages are more timeless. I really think Axl's appetite heavy tour is probably the worst setlist the band has ever played, all things considered. With all of the material he can pull from, what we are getting is an absolute travesty and waste of money. Also, the lack of variety and NEVER any surprises of new songs off of Chinese D or the Illusions or Lies, has made this comeback stale and uninteresting. If I could create a setlist with all of the material available, this is how my ideal Guns N Roses show would go, and there is no reason why Axl can't put on a show like this tomorrow. It would kick so much more ass than the boring setlist now.

Intro: Lights go down, newsflashes on the screen how GNR is over...reports that Axl is never coming back...etc...

Yesterdays

Welcome to the Jungle

Dead Horse

Catcher in the Rye

It's So Easy

Sweet Child of Mine

Knocking on Heavan's Door

I.R.S.

Civil War

Madagascar

Rocket Queen

Don't Cry

November Rain

Patience

The Blues

Nightrain

Encore 1

Chinese Democracy

Estranged

Paradise City

Final Encore

Better

This is the new Guns N Roses, time to end the fucking show with Better...time to stop asking people to constantly be reminded of the old members, the old shows...mix it up, add some flavor to these shows, and stop Axl, stop be so god damn predictable. Who can tell me that my show wouldn't be the most kick ass GNR concert of all time?

Here are my thoughts on this....Of course Appetite material kicks ass, but those songs were written at the beginning of Axl's career and they carry a message that is so outdated and tiresome to hear at this point. At his age, songs like Out to Get Me, My Michelle, It's so Easy, Think about You and Mr. Brownstone just to jive well anymore.

Axl's grown up, and so have his fans. The material on the illusion albums is much more mature than the works on appetite, and they are also so much more meanigful and their messages are more timeless. I really think Axl's appetite heavy tour is probably the worst setlist the band has ever played, all things considered. With all of the material he can pull from, what we are getting is an absolute travesty and waste of money. Also, the lack of variety and NEVER any surprises of new songs off of Chinese D or the Illusions or Lies, has made this comeback stale and uninteresting. If I could create a setlist with all of the material available, this is how my ideal Guns N Roses show would go, and there is no reason why Axl can't put on a show like this tomorrow. It would kick so much more ass than the boring setlist now.

Intro: Lights go down, newsflashes on the screen how GNR is over...reports that Axl is never coming back...etc...

Yesterdays

Welcome to the Jungle

Dead Horse

Catcher in the Rye

It's So Easy

Sweet Child of Mine

I.R.S.

Civil War

Madagascar

Rocket Queen

Don't Cry

November Rain

Patience

The Blues

Nightrain

Encore 1

Chinese Democracy

Estranged

Paradise City

Final Encore

Better

This is the new Guns N Roses, time to end the fucking show with Better...time to stop asking people to constantly be reminded of the old members, the old shows...mix it up, add some flavor to these shows, and stop Axl, stop be so god damn predictable. Who can tell me that my show wouldn't be the most kick ass GNR concert of all time?

ahahahah

Kaneda.. luigi damn I'm confuse now!

Anyway, when you think about it there is no song in the show that's from the UYI era.

November Rain : Suppose to be on AFD

Don't Cry : Same thing, from the AFD Era

You could be mine : From the AFD Era

Live and Let Die : Paul Mcartney cover, not GNR Material from UYI

Knocking on heaven's door same thing than live and let die.

No actually, there no original GN'R song written for the UYI in the show.

I think Axl uses more Appetite material because he wants to sound more hard rock... UYI is smoother even if it has rocking songs...but maybe they're not really Axl's songs...

Maybe he doesn't want people to think he was the ROSE and is missing the GUNS!

It actually doesnt bother me...Im just glad they are touring and Axl's out in the public again,

sure it would be nice to hear all your favs from UYI and such, but honestly i dont give a fuck!

GnR's are back!!! Thats all that matters rock3

Actually, I was so greatful to see GNR for the first time in NY that I was happy. i was 13 in 93 so just seeing them was the thrill (seein Axl i should say). And come on man, I thought i'd never see them play some of these classics.

But yes of course I'd prefer the setlist you put forth if I had a choice, but I don't.

I think all threads on setlists should be closed, same ol shit. Just wait til the North American tour, of course it'll switch up then. North America should be happy, we'll be the first to get the CD tour.

It's cliche, but goddamn, have a little patience.........

Yesterdays

Welcome to the Jungle

Dead Horse

Catcher in the Rye

It's So Easy

Sweet Child of Mine

I.R.S.

Civil War

Madagascar

Rocket Queen

Don't Cry

November Rain

Patience

The Blues

Nightrain

Encore 1

Chinese Democracy

Estranged

Paradise City

Final Encore

Better

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

Yesterdays

Welcome to the Jungle

Dead Horse

Catcher in the Rye

It's So Easy

Sweet Child of Mine

I.R.S.

Civil War

Madagascar

Rocket Queen

Don't Cry

November Rain

Patience

The Blues

Nightrain

Encore 1

Chinese Democracy

Estranged

Paradise City

Final Encore

Better

you'd be right back here moaning that Slash wasn't there..

this guys a cupcake but this time has a good point,

axl overlooks so much uyi material, there must be a reason for it. Dont cry, civil war, estranged, locomotive, breakdown the list goes on.

hell wouldn't civil war sum up whats going on in the world right now?

Edited by muttyhc

This is the new Guns N Roses, time to end the fucking show with Better...time to stop asking people to constantly be reminded of the old members, the old shows...mix it up, add some flavor to these shows, and stop Axl, stop be so god damn predictable.

i agree with you on that i must say, it's time the band step up their faith in their own ability

it won't happen on this tour though.

US tour is where it'll all begin.

Kaneda.. luigi damn I'm confuse now!

Anyway, when you think about it there is no song in the show that's from the UYI era.

November Rain : Suppose to be on AFD

Don't Cry : Same thing, from the AFD Era

You could be mine : From the AFD Era

Live and Let Die : Paul Mcartney cover, not GNR Material from UYI

Knocking on heaven's door same thing than live and let die.

No actually, there no original GN'R song written for the UYI in the show.

Interesting, never realised that.

u people!!! just never satisfied! what's wrong with u, i mean... GNR's back!!! and the tour is unbelievable and the concerts are fantastic!!! and u are just never satisfied! it's allright to have wishes and stuff.... but - do u think that axl should change the whole setlist just because u're bored of it? there are thousands of people who are still waiting for the show and i think that they are pretty ok with the setlist, i mean, it's great!

i don't want to be mean, it's just my opinion, too. so... just... be glad that they're back and that u're able to see and listen them live! GNR LIVE AGAIN!!! jeeeeeezzz

• 2 weeks later...