The Morning after..

SlashRock

What a night last night was! Here's how I saw it:

TOWERS OF LONDON :They were alright I suppose-they're a sort of eighties-looking punk band-even if some of their songs screamed repetition.

BFMV: Worst moment of the night-absolutely painful on the ears-literally just talentless noise.

GnR: They kept us waiting about 2 hours and the crowd, including me, were getting very restless and pissed off. There were the mexican waves but they fizzled out and of course a couple of girls in the pit were showing their erm..yeh...with spotlights on them..ahem... As GnR kept us waiting even longer, boos' did begin to echo around the arena as some people even had to leave as they would miss their trams if they waited for him any longer. But then that moment, the lights went down, the opening riff to WTTJ echoed throughout the arena. The wait was over, and by god it was worth it! They played a great set with I think it was 4 new songs: 'Better', 'IRS', 'The Blues', 'Madagascar'. Axl was in a cheerful mood saying after 'Its So Easy' that this was one of his best places he's played in his career. Izzy joined on for a few songs such as 'Think About You' and 'Paradise City'. The solos: Robins wasn't very good, it was rather boring to be honest, Fortus got a great crowd reception for his before the 'beautiful' duet solo, as did Thal for 'Dont Cry' instrumental. Axl interacted with the crowd very well and even a one point said, 'Me and the band are only half awake tonight because they were working on a new song and I was working on..well..I can't remember her name. But believe me I put ALOT of effort into it.' During Patience he wore the British flag around his shoulders to great crowd appreciation. Overall an amazing night, and it certainly made up for the annoying wait he made us endure at the beginning. People were selling merchandsise outside-the ironic thing was that the posters were of the old GnR at a new GNR gig :rofl-lol: .

One thing that annoyed me though: The strobe lighting. There were no warning about it when you bought the ticket or when you arrived, and sadly some people I saw had to be stretchered out and I really felt for them cos they missed an incredible experience.

Edited by SlashRock

i have only been going to gigs for 5 years or so cos im quite young but that was the best ever i have been to lol the girls were funny especially the one in the stands then the guys joined in. the solos got a bit boring tho after a while. axl looked great and his voice was on form so hat was fun. one lass threw up right behind me tho yuck. but it was a great show im so happy i waitedfor them :rofl-lol: we only have to wait for chinease democracy now

rockchckbitch

One thing that annoyed me though: The strobe lighting. There were no warning about it when you bought the ticket or when you arrived, and sadly some people I saw had to be stretchered out and I really felt for them cos they missed an incredible experience.

Sorry, wrong!

There were several notices at the main entrance warning that the band may be late starting and that there would be loud explotions and "heavy" stobe lighting.

I distinctly remember walking past about half a dozen.

UK SUBS.

There wasn't one on the door I went through. :unsure: The only time I saw them was during the performance-they weren't up when I arrived.

Edited by SlashRock

To be fair, who goes to a gig without thinking there'll be heavy strobe lighting? I can't think of one I've been too that didn't.

I didn't see any warnings, but y'know, common sense I thought really.

I thought that too :unsure: But I saw people being carried out on stretchers down there so obviously some didn't expect it.

I thought that too But I saw people being carried out on stretchers down there so obviously some didn't expect it.

sure they were taking an epileptic fit? some people just faint with the heat and maybe some got injured

Not sure. Maybe it was just the heat. Still a shame though, for them to miss such an awesome show. :(

i was very impressed with the explosions and shit and the setllist bar the pointless jams and elongated robin fink solos (honestly hes clearly the worst guiatarist he was so sloppy and masacred some of slashs best work, why dont they just get bumblefoot to play the solos?!) Seeing izzy was a real treat and there were moments in the show were i was getting goosebumps. Axl is perhaps the last true rocker. no one can tell him what to do, he goes on stage when he pleases, but always kills when he does. When the sound was clear enough to hear him hitting those high notes it truely was a thing to behold. The drummer did a superb job considering the time he ha been playing with them for and really gave a credible performance. However i think the band's size messed up the sound and sometimes there was no way of telling who was playing what or what was really goin on. Some cuts should be made in the form of robin fink me thinks. Neway great night overall, great setlist for the most part, great performance and i look forward to see what this band can acoumplish on CD

The notices on Entrance Two (with the steps up from the road) only appeared about 5ish, we had been there since early afternoon. Then when the doors open you can't see them because of the way the doors are designed.

So, they were there, but not all that easy to see.

R.