sail away sweet sister

msmithmca

The problem is even if they gave you something to hold on to you wouldn't like it because Slash,your lover, wasn't involved.

You sure are fixated on gay sex. You like to talk about it a lot and speak in very vivid terms when talking about it. Once again, please, seek help.

Hey, I'll keep replying to you. My post count is only going up up up :D

Who said anything about gay sex you sick perv? Jeez, some people sure hae gutter minds.

Again, stop wallowing in a sea of negativity and we'll all feel better

You know, Slash and co. left about 10yrs ago. you need to let go of the past and accept that GnR as a band is continuing without Slash.... You need to..

The band is NOT "continuing" without Slash. They have yet to release any new material. Its been 10 years. Is that your definition of "continuing"? Hell, they've already had ANOTHER lead guitarist COME and GO during that time. Still, no new material. Demos are not new material. They are demos. The band hasn't continued on without Slash, because they haven't done anything worth writing home about since Slash left. If you want me to let go of Slash, give me something to grab onto. What? The Oh My God single? I hope you are kidding me. All in the span of 10 years since Slash left. WOW!!! I'm so stoked about the new band!!!

Demos? don't be such a fuckin idiot. Yes the versions we have all downloaded are demos, but they are actually performing these songs live..... Are they performing a demo? how is that possible? They may not be performing them live exactly how they will sound as a finished article on CD, but they're far from demos.

You know what, I can't wait till this album is released, because it's going to happen fairly soon, it's going to be a success, and I'm going to be so content knowing that there are people like you that are going to be so fucking sick and pissed off that Axl has managed to release new material. I can't wait for that day. Be sure to drop by.

Who said anything about gay sex you sick perv? Jeez, some people sure hae gutter minds.

Again, stop wallowing in a sea of negativity and we'll all feel better

You live the sad life. I'm so sorry. :(

no bro. you are the sad one here. you openly admit you dont like this band, and that all you give a fuck about is Slash's nuts, so go to the original GNR section where you can post about all your fond memories of the past.

You know what, I can't wait till this album is released, because it's going to happen fairly soon

You are basing this off of what? The fact that Axl's plugging the new album every night from the stage? Or that he's played most of the new songs on this Euro tour? Or that Axl's never promised the album in previous years, only now?

Goddamn dude, get out of that fucking dream world. Nothing is different now than it was in 2002 and before. Axl has promised us Chinese Democracy almost every year since Slash left and those years have come and gone. You know the old saying? Fool me once. Shame on you? How about fool me 8 fucking times? How about shame on my pitiful fucking brain if I let Axl lie to me 8 times! Axl has been saying for years the record was right around the corner. The fact that people actually BELIEVE HIM worries me. There are some truly stupid people in this world. You don't have to be one of them.

You know what, I can't wait till this album is released, because it's going to happen fairly soon

You are basing this off of what? The fact that Axl's plugging the new album every night from the stage? Or that he's played most of the new songs on this Euro tour? Or that Axl's never promised the album in previous years, only now?

Goddamn dude, get out of that fucking dream world. Nothing is different now than it was in 2002 and before. Axl has promised us Chinese Democracy almost every year since Slash left and those years have come and gone. You know the old saying? Fool me once. Shame on you? How about fool me 8 fucking times? How about shame on my pitiful fucking brain if I let Axl lie to me 8 times! Axl has been saying for years the record was right around the corner. The fact that people actually BELIEVE HIM worries me. There are some truly stupid people in this world. You don't have to be one of them.

We are here because we DO believe in Axl, that is what keeps us around. Why do you cupcake every GNR board harassing fans of this band? Doesn't it get old? :rolleyes:

no one likes you

You know, Slash and co. left about 10yrs ago. you need to let go of the past and accept that GnR as a band is continuing without Slash.... You need to..

The band is NOT "continuing" without Slash. They have yet to release any new material. Its been 10 years. Is that your definition of "continuing"? Hell, they've already had ANOTHER lead guitarist COME and GO during that time. Still, no new material. Demos are not new material. They are demos. The band hasn't continued on without Slash, because they haven't done anything worth writing home about since Slash left. If you want me to let go of Slash, give me something to grab onto. What? The Oh My God single? I hope you are kidding me. All in the span of 10 years since Slash left. WOW!!! I'm so stoked about the new band!!!

I don't the truth (though then again what you call the truth is just an attempt to bash Axl and the band any opportunity you get) as an insult, but again I ask you, what is the point of coming to the ''New'' Guns N Roses sub-form if you're not even a fan of the band? I seem rather unstable? Well, at least I'm trying to enjoy this band and I choose not to wallow in sea of negativity and nostalgia unlike yourself.

Dude, you just don't get it do you?!? I came to the Guns forum and found THIS thread and posted a reply to THIS thread which was very ON-TOPIC. Just because you don't agree with my opinion, doesn't mean I can't respond to the original post. You're trying to act tough behind your little keyboard (which is another sign of instability), just because somebody posted an opinion about a rock band. You have some serious issues, bro, and I suggest you get them under control before you waste your life away.

cupcake. I shouldn't dignify you with a response because you're being a cupcake, but I can't help myself.

You don't have any idea whether he can do it. I don't want him to do it because, even when he was 28 it was hard to do. Listen to how bad his rendition sounded in Tokyo, after lots of touring. It takes a toll on your voice no matter how old you are. I'm tired of people romanticizing how Axl sounded live in "the early days", he had many off nights, as one will have when they stretch the range of their voice and continually challenge themselves as Axl does. It has nothing to do with his age or with the current band. I saw them live and I've heard many boots and they are awesome. So, go delude yourself into thinking this band sucks, but you'll be back when the music hits, and we'll forgive you, you ridiculous cupcake.

I liked the Sail Away Sweet Sister/Bad Time intro the best in the first 1991 GN'R Tour shows. After sometime in early June of 1991 Axl's went to a 'raspy mess mode' which stayed on after the August Wembley gig. Although, he managed to control his outta control rasp by late 1992. Sail Away Sweet Sister pretty much always sounded the same. It was Bad Time that changed from time to time.

These are some of my favs:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2v0glz (6/10/1991 Saratoga Springs)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/21uckt (9/17/1988 Irving, TX)

It'd be interesting to hear Axl sing these kind of intros again.

Edited by IndiannaRose

It would be interesting to hear Axl try these intros today beacuse they would sound VERY different.

I don't think he can do it, tbh.

V~

I don't see why people are saying he can't do it. These intros are extremely simple to sing, and Axl has more than proven himself these days. It is pretty common knowledge that Axl's voice has been top notch through out all of 2006.

It would be interesting to hear Axl try these intros today beacuse they would sound VERY different.

V~

I don't see why people are saying he can't do it. These intros are extremely simple to sing, and Axl has more than proven himself these days. It is pretty common knowledge that Axl's voice has been top notch through out all of 2006.

Top-notch, yes, but still very different.

V~

Actually, Sail Away Sweet Sister would basically sound exactly the same as Axl used his soft 'Patience' voice to sing it. That hasn't changed. Bad Time is a whole different deal though. It would sound different.

V~

Actually, Sail Away Sweet Sister would basically sound exactly the same as Axl used his soft 'Patience' voice to sing it. That hasn't changed. Bad Time is a whole different deal though. It would sound different.

Ah! In that case, I agree 100%. I should have specified.