Acoustic aftershow party

Guest cherry_bomb

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should really look up stand up comedy as a possible career.

This jealousy coming from you is quite amusing...

Oh - and if the tables were turned and it was our forum whose members got invited to the gig - and not yours - you wouldn't be annoyed?

.. I went to the Wembley show with a couple of friends who happen to post at out board. Wow, imagine that!

We then decided to go to Soho to check out the after show we had heard rumors about (not from Merck).

Then when we got there, we heard about the possible location of the acoustic show from somebody else (not Merck).

I got to the club and got let in because somebody (not Merck) recognized me at the door.

So all your assumptions about Merck getting me into this show are way off.

By the way, tell me how you invite people to a secret surprise gig weeks in advance? We found out about it at Wembley Arena a few hours before it happened.

Why should you be the one who gets to decide who gets to go in the first place?

Me getting to see this gig was mostly thanks to luck and I'm very greatful to those who made it possible for me to be there (see above). It was an amazing night.

There was no invitation from Merck (or anybody else). Get it?

Anyway, glad to see you're happy for me. :P

/jarmo

Oh please. :rolleyes:

The bottom line -- you were told and you were invited - I don't care how the logistics worked. Random people don't wander around the streets of London -- and just "find their way" into a privately-planned acoustic gig in a city they don't even live in.

Luck? I don't think so. And if anybody believes that one, I have a piece of land in Florida up for sale.

.. Why should you be the one who gets to decide who gets to go in the first place?

I found this particularly funny. You're the same one who just stated you were able to bring along people you specifically chose from your own forum.

If you re-read my suggestion, you would see that I suggested admins from all major GNR forums be contacted and for them submit names of people who live in the area. From there, a draw would be made. But I guess you wouldn't want that -- afterall, then you couldn't pick and choose which forum members from your board could accompany you.

btw, I didn't plan to get into this with you. But you're the one who posted the tall tale.

For the record - madison isn't the only person who's suggested this either. Not discrediting either party, but when two HTGTH mods get into a "surprise" gig, then you can hardly blame anybody for having their suspicions aroused, whether they be accurate or not. Anyway, genuinely glad you enjoyed it! ;)

Because we went as a group!

Sorry that I went with my friends, who happen to be mods, instead of going alone.

I didn't know I was supposed to make sure the HTGTH vs MyGNR ratio at the show was in order!

All of us got in because different people recognized us from previous shows. We weren't invited by Merck or anybody else.

The bottom line -- you were told and you were invited - I don't care how the logistics worked. Random people don't wander around the streets of London -- and just "find their way" into a privately-planned acoustic gig in a city they don't even live in.

Luck? I don't think so. And if anybody believes that one, I have a piece of land in Florida up for sale.

Can you read what I said?

I heard from other fans (who had been invited) about the after show. We went there, didn't get in, then we heard about the acoustic show from another fan who we knew. We weren't invited! Get it?

You don't know anything about how well I know London and what happened that night.

By the way, if you tell a cab driver the name of the club and the street, he might find it for you. You don't have to wander around the city. Just a tip for the next time you travel. :)

I found this particularly funny. You're the same one who just stated you were able to bring along people you specifically chose from your own forum.

My God!

I'm not allowed to go to shows with my friends anymore?

Just because you don't go to shows with people from MyGNR others aren't allowed to meet up before shows?

I didn't get anybody into the club. Everybody got in because they were recognized by somebody at the door.

We went as a group, but we weren't let in as a group. I had nothing to do with the others being let in.

If you re-read my suggestion, you would see that I suggested admins from all major GNR forums be contacted and for them submit names of people who live in the area. From there, a draw would be made. But I guess you wouldn't want that -- afterall, then you couldn't pick and choose which forum members from your board could accompany you.

Funny!

You failed to answer the question. You can't pick people for a show that's gonna happen in three hours time.

Your idea works if the gig was announced weeks in advance. That wasn't the case.

By the way, I can pick the people I want to go to shows with. It's totally up to me. I tend to go to shows with friends. Either friends from the board or other frieds. Depends on what show it is and where. :shocked:

btw, I didn't plan to get into this with you. But you're the one who posted the tall tale.

You attack me but you didn't wanna get "into this"? You post a fairy tale and remarks about what you think happened, but you didn't wanna "get into this"? What's up with that?

I posted the truth. I was there, you were not. Yet you have the nerve to call me a liar....

/jarmo

Edited by jarmo

You should really look up stand up comedy as a possible career.

This jealousy coming from you is quite amusing...

Oh - and if the tables were turned and it was our forum whose members got invited to the gig - and not yours - you wouldn't be annoyed?

.. I went to the Wembley show with a couple of friends who happen to post at out board. Wow, imagine that!

We then decided to go to Soho to check out the after show we had heard rumors about (not from Merck).

Then when we got there, we heard about the possible location of the acoustic show from somebody else (not Merck).

I got to the club and got let in because somebody (not Merck) recognized me at the door.

So all your assumptions about Merck getting me into this show are way off.

By the way, tell me how you invite people to a secret surprise gig weeks in advance? We found out about it at Wembley Arena a few hours before it happened.

Why should you be the one who gets to decide who gets to go in the first place?

Me getting to see this gig was mostly thanks to luck and I'm very greatful to those who made it possible for me to be there (see above). It was an amazing night.

There was no invitation from Merck (or anybody else). Get it?

Anyway, glad to see you're happy for me. :P

/jarmo

.. Why should you be the one who gets to decide who gets to go in the first place?

Most people that were hanging around after Wembley could've found out where the gig was. Just had to use some common sense!

1. Follow the randomly selected people to the box office where they picked up their passes.

2. Get a cab to the same place.

I mean ffs - it aint rocket science.

3. Once you arrive at Cuckoo then it's down to who you know (if you didn't have a pass).

Madison, do you have some problem with your mind?

Jarmo got in there cause I got a text message from a friend, NOT MERCK, NOT ANYONE IN GN'R.

We went to the place everybody had heard the aftershow would take place and we didn't get in cause we saw many people leaving that place.

And that's when I got the text message on my cell.

And we got in the Cuckoo's cause someone who had nothing to do with the band recognised us.

Get your facts straight and your jealousy out of your head.

We're fans who just got lucky and nothing more...

Most people that were hanging around after Wembley could've found out where the gig was. Just had to use some common sense! ..

Oh please -- this was a private event.

Even if they announced it over the radio, and everybody stampeded over to the entrance, they wouldn't get in. It's a private event -- that would require your name on a list.

So, even if you do happen to wander the streets and "hear' about the gig, you couldn't get in to see it without being invited.

Yeah its a bit unfair to rip on Jarmo, it wasnt Merck who sorted out the aftershow gig for him. Jarmo cant help it if he gets recognised and let in, he is afterall the creater of one of the main boards and responsible for keeping the band name alive for the past 14 years. I have to say though i was kind of suspicious when i saw him and the HTGTH crew walking back towards Wembely 20 min or so after the show had ended, where exactly were you going Jarmo haha?

About the fans getting into these special shows, unfortunatly i dont think thats ever going to happen on a mass scale. Axl and the band have made it pretty clear that any shows like the two acoustic shows and the aftershow parties are all held at top class clubs, member only joints and attended by VIPs and Celebrities, this is the crowd that Axl wants to mix with when performing outside of the standard venues/festivals etc, not casual/hardcore fans. I tried so hard to get in to that acoustic show to the point where i woke up a couple of connected people at 3 in the morning because i was so desperate to get in, i got passes eventually but they still wouldnt let me and my mate in, even people with proper passes like me couldnt get in. When i was in NY and went to an aftershow party, i was on the list but they didnt even bother asking us because i had someone on my arm, we just walked straight in. If your a hot girl, or a guy with a hot girl your chances of getting in shoot up by about 70% - thats why 95% of the people on the list Axl read out were women.

Jonx

Yeah its a bit unfair to rip on Jarmo, it wasnt Merck who sorted out the aftershow gig for him. Jarmo cant help it if he gets recognised and let in, he is afterall the creater of one of the main boards and responsible for keeping the band name alive for the past 14 years. I have to say though i was kind of suspicious when i saw him and the HTGTH crew walking back towards Wembely 20 min or so after the show had ended, where exactly were you going Jarmo haha?

We were standing outside Wembley until 3AM...

Yeah i was the one who name called Jarmo as i walked past you lot heading back to the Arena and asked if you were going to the aftershow party. It was just by the gated backstage road entrace about 20 - 30 min after the end of the show!

Jonx

Sorrry that I went with my friends, who happen to be mods, instead of going alone.

I didn't know I was supposed to make sure the HTGTH vs MyGNR ratio at the show was in order!..

:rolleyes:

Again, if the tables were turned and it was mods and members from our forum who got invited to the gig - and not yours - please don't claim you wouldn't question it or be annoyed.

You can make all the creative claims you want about wandering around the streets and just randomly "hearing" about the gig - and secret text messages magically appearing out of nowhere putting your name on the list. But at the end of the day, you and your friends from your forum got invited -- ours didn't.

Yeah i was the one who name called Jarmo as i walked past you lot heading back to the Arena and asked if you were going to the aftershow party. It was just by the gated backstage road entrace about 20 - 30 min after the end of the show!

Jonx

The thing is that we couldn't get out of wembley, if we knew where the acoustic would take place we would be out of there in a second.

HOWEVER, we had no idea, all we knew is what everybody knew, a place called cabaret, and we went there, but we arrived there at 3.15-3.25 or something like that...

Sorrry that I went with my friends, who happen to be mods, instead of going alone.

I didn't know I was supposed to make sure the HTGTH vs MyGNR ratio at the show was in order!..

Again, if the tables were turned and it was mods and members from our forum who got invited to the gig - and not yours - please don't claim you wouldn't question it or be annoyed.

You can make all the creative claims you want about wandering around the streets and just randomly "hearing" about the gig - and secret text messages magically appearing out of nowhere putting your name on the list. But at the end of the day, you and your friends from your forum got invited -- ours didn't.

You do know there wasn't a 'list' don't you Madison....?

.... I have to say though i was kind of suspicious when i saw him and the HTGTH crew walking back towards Wembely 20 min or so after the show had ended, where exactly were you going Jarmo haha?

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

These private shows are a joke to the real Guns N' Roses fans. It's just a show for the rich and famous who 5 years ago would of laughed at an invitation to a GN'R private show but now they are the band everyone wants to see they jump on the band wagon. Why should certain fans from the public be picked to watch Guns N' Roses in a small intimate venue? What makes these people more of a fan than the next person? It's a joke and way beyond favoritism.

Oh - and you think that anybody who walked up to that club could just walk in and attend the gig? Think again, my friend. It doesn't work that way. You have to either have a pass or your name on a list.

These private shows are a joke to the real Guns N' Roses fans. It's just a show for the rich and famous who 5 years ago would of laughed at an invitation to a GN'R private show but now they are the band everyone wants to see they jump on the band wagon. Why should certain fans from the public be picked to watch Guns N' Roses in a small intimate venue? What makes these people more of a fan than the next person? It's a joke and way beyond favoritism.

Oh yeah, maybe they should play enough acoustic shows to cover every GNR fan in the world :rolleyes:

These kinds of shows always happen. Some people get to go, some don't.

God, isnt't the picture in your signature ironic? Worrying is a waste of your fuckin time... Yeah, right...

There wasn't a name list. We didn't have our names on lists cause there wasn't a list.

I got a text from a friend from Poland if you really wanna know, and we went straight to the club.

There, someone recognised Jarmo, not a member of GNR or the management, and he got in but I didn't get in.

I tried to find a friend who would get me in but someone else recognised me and he got me in.

What the fuck is up with you?

.... I have to say though i was kind of suspicious when i saw him and the HTGTH crew walking back towards Wembely 20 min or so after the show had ended, where exactly were you going Jarmo haha?

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

haha, no no i must admit that if they were going to get cabs then it made sense, since everyone was trying to get busses and cabs from the area we were in. They were walking away from it all, probably to go to the otherside of the arena where it was quieter and easier to hail a cab. Im not taking sides, i managed to get a pass, managed to get my mates name who is a member and good friends with one of the bouncers and i still couldnt get in! I even got pissed off and told him to go and find Merck! haha!

Jonx

1. why the hell i can not see the pics???

2. let us all just be glad that there was this acoustic show, it gave us hope that GNR are still in our reach, although only in the reach of the chosen ones. i hate myself for feeling all this envy and stuff, but it's just the way it is, i wanted to be there, real bad! and yes, i have sent here less than 30 posts, but it doesnt make me any less GNR fan, specially if u consider all the money i spent to see 'em, and not that it matters but it wasnt always easy to travel all alone in foreign countries and only one thing in your mind: to se GUNS N ROSES. AGAIN! and again! and i was hungry, scared, broke, almost attacked... cant even describe everything, but lets just say: everything was paid and worth it when i saw them on stage, rocking my world upside down!!! its addiction, its more than a drug, its rock'n'roll baby!!!

oh , apologies, i got a bit lost but what i wanted to say: there WILL BE ANOTHER CHANCE! there always is! and who would thought that something like that would happen like 7 y. ago?! to even see axl in public?! or to go to a GNR concert?! if somebody would told me that then, i would laugh and cry, just as i laughed and cried when i found out that they are coming to europe in 2006! and it really happened!! os, it will happen again and next time i (WE!!!) will be there, on that god damn list, because ... well... life can be fair, too! i congratulate cherry bomb for showing me that it is possible, and girl, im so glad u had good time, fuck thats... speechless:)

eh, i've messed the whole post, im gonna go now, i just wanted to say that hope remains and we all must be optimistic:) it sounds rather funny and creepy but well, im in the mood...:)

so take care everyone, we all know why we're on this forum (or any other GnR related): WE JUST LOOOOOVEEEE GNR!!! :)

Oh yeah, maybe they should play enough acoustic shows to cover every GNR fan in the world :rolleyes:

It's just a shame because the fact of the matter is that these private shows are not for the real Guns N' Roses fans. I'm all for having accoustic shows in small venues but tickets should be sold for them and at first come first serve. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't but at least you know you have a chance.

God, isnt't the picture in your signature ironic? Worrying is a waste of your fuckin time... Yeah, right...

Again, if the tables were turned, and it was mods and members from our forum who got invited to the gig - and not yours - please don't claim you wouldn't question it or be annoyed.

.. I got a text from a friend from Poland if you really wanna know, and we went straight to the club.

There, someone recognised Jarmo, not a member of GNR or the management, and he got in but I didn't get in.

I tried to find a friend who would get me in but someone else recognised me and he got me in...

They "recognized" you? Oh well - that explains it. Gee, I didn't realize that mods and admins from htgth were "famous" and "recognizable" outside GNR circles. Do you guys appear in the gossip tabloids on a daily basis too? I must have missed that one. I guess that explains how a "non-GNR" related person would just "recognize" you all and open the doors to the gig for ya. Gee - my bad. :monkey:

I'm all for having accoustic shows in small venues but tickets should be sold for them and at first come first serve. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't but at least you know you have a chance.

I agree with that point... but that just isn't how the music industry works.

It's just a shame because the fact of the matter is that these private shows are not for the real Guns N' Roses fans. I'm all for having accoustic shows in small venues but tickets should be sold for them and at first come first serve. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't but at least you know you have a chance.

Funny, cause I know at least 6 people who travelled from different countries to see GNR, and are broke today, that got in there...

Of course there was a list of "GUESTS" and Cherry got her name in it. Then,apart from those guests,there were the fans who were randomly selected (the ones whose names were read by Axl), plus all the ones that got there "by chance" whilst there were SOME of those random fans whose names were read who couldn´t get into the accoustic show.