Acoustic aftershow party

Guest cherry_bomb

These private shows are a joke to the real Guns N' Roses fans. It's just a show for the rich and famous who 5 years ago would of laughed at an invitation to a GN'R private show but now they are the band everyone wants to see they jump on the band wagon. Why should certain fans from the public be picked to watch Guns N' Roses in a small intimate venue? What makes these people more of a fan than the next person? It's a joke and way beyond favoritism.

Oh yeah, maybe they should play enough acoustic shows to cover every GNR fan in the world :rolleyes:

These kinds of shows always happen. Some people get to go, some don't.

It's just a shame because the fact of the matter is that these private shows are not for the real Guns N' Roses fans. I'm all for having accoustic shows in small venues but tickets should be sold for them and at first come first serve. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't but at least you know you have a chance.

Never going to happen........... Axl is redesigning his image and the image of his band, he is catering for a very specific type of person in very exclusive clubs reestablishing his place in an exclusive world. These gigs are not meant to be for the fans.

Jonx

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Funny, cause I know at least 6 people who travelled from different countries to see GNR, and are broke today, that got in there...

And were those "six people" members of htgth?

Gee -- what a coincidence. I guess they were "recognized" at the door too.

You do know there wasn't a 'list' don't you Madison....?

Of course there was a list of "GUESTS" and Cherry got her name in it. Then,apart from those guests,there were the fans who were randomly selected (the ones whose names were read by Axl), plus all the ones that got there "by chance" whilst there were SOME of those random fans whose names were read who couldn´t get into the accoustic show.

Cherry wasn't on any list for the acoustic show. She had a pass for the other aftershow up the road. Her pass did not get her into the acoustic gig. That was down to persistence, luck, and possibly being gorgeous. At the end of the day she is a massive GNR fan and I'm glad (and jealous) that she was able to attend.

She also came staright online and shared all of her pics with the MYGNR members.

God, isnt't the picture in your signature ironic? Worrying is a waste of your fuckin time... Yeah, right...

Again, if the tables were turned, and it was mods and members from our forum who got invited to the gig - and not yours - please don't claim you wouldn't question it or be annoyed.

No, I'm sorry but I'm not sick in the head. I guess I don't see things the way you do.

I'm just a fan who's trying to enjoy life...

.. I got a text from a friend from Poland if you really wanna know, and we went straight to the club.

There, someone recognised Jarmo, not a member of GNR or the management, and he got in but I didn't get in.

I tried to find a friend who would get me in but someone else recognised me and he got me in...

They "recognized" you? Oh well - that explains it. Gee, I didn't realize that mods and admins from htgth were "famous" and "recognizable" outside GNR circles. Do you guys appear in the gossip tabloids on a daily basis too? I must have missed that one. I guess that explains how a "non-GNR" related person would just "recognize" you all and open the doors to the gig for ya. Gee - my bad. :monkey:

Famous not, but recognizable yes cause when people have met you in the past they'll recognize you, and if you've been kind to them as they've been to you, they'll think of you as a friend.

That's what happens in the real world, I don't know how it works on the internet...

I'm all for having accoustic shows in small venues but tickets should be sold for them and at first come first serve. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't but at least you know you have a chance.

I agree with that point... but that just isn't how the music industry works.

Sadly that's true, it would just be nice to have a small venue filled with all die hard GN'R fans where as at the moment the shows will only have a small minority of die hard fans.

:rolleyes:

Again, if the tables were turned and it was mods and members from our forum who got invited to the gig - and not yours - please don't claim you wouldn't question it or be annoyed.

You can make all the creative claims you want about wandering around the streets and just randomly "hearing" about the gig - and secret text messages magically appearing out of nowhere putting your name on the list. But at the end of the day, you and your friends from your forum got invited -- ours didn't.

Annoyed? Nope.

If I knew how it went down, there's no way in hell I could be even a little bit annoyed. Jealousy is such a waste of energy.

You just can't let it go can you? There was no list with my name on it, there was no invitation from Merck or anybody else in the band.

I'm done. I'm writing the truth of how it happened (unfortunately for some, it's quite boring) and if you don't believe me, too bad.

Maybe you can e-mail Merck and ask him if he invited me?

/jarmo

Of course there was a list of "GUESTS" and Cherry got her name in it. Then,apart from those guests,there were the fans who were randomly selected (the ones whose names were read by Axl), plus all the ones that got there "by chance" whilst there were SOME of those random fans whose names were read who couldn´t get into the accoustic show.

Cherry wasn't on any list for the acoustic show. She had a pass for the other aftershow up the road. Her pass did not get her into the acoustic gig. That was down to persistence, luck, and possibly being gorgeous. At the end of the day she is a massive GNR fan and I'm glad (and jealous) that she was able to attend.

She also came staright online and shared all of her pics with the MYGNR members.

She got her name in that list ;) ,no matter how ,she was very lucky and I hate her for that :P . And she´s been a sweet heart for sharing her pics with us, I would have done the same :)

These private shows are a joke to the real Guns N' Roses fans. It's just a show for the rich and famous who 5 years ago would of laughed at an invitation to a GN'R private show but now they are the band everyone wants to see they jump on the band wagon. Why should certain fans from the public be picked to watch Guns N' Roses in a small intimate venue? What makes these people more of a fan than the next person? It's a joke and way beyond favoritism.

Oh yeah, maybe they should play enough acoustic shows to cover every GNR fan in the world :rolleyes:

It's just a shame because the fact of the matter is that these private shows are not for the real Guns N' Roses fans. I'm all for having accoustic shows in small venues but tickets should be sold for them and at first come first serve. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't but at least you know you have a chance.

Never going to happen........... Axl is redesigning his image and the image of his band, he is catering for a very specific type of person in very exclusive clubs reestablishing his place in an exclusive world. These gigs are not meant to be for the fans.

Jonx

I really hope this idea of exclusive club gigs works in his and the bands favour though because the GN'R fans will always love the band no matter what and stick by them where as the higher class public such as famous people will turn their back on you within a second. I was extremely happy for cherry though when she got it as it's proven she's a die hard fan.

... Funny, cause I know at least 6 people who travelled from different countries to see GNR, and are broke today, that got in there...

And were those "six people" members of htgth?

Gee -- what a coincidence. I guess they were "recognized" at the door too.

No, they weren't. But you've already jumped into your conclusions...

You can go on whining, it won't change a thing.

Your behavior is a really good example why I've never tried posting here or reading this forum...

Some fans got in there, some of them were htgth members, so what?

She got her name in that list ;) ,no matter how ,she was very lucky and I hate her for that :P . And she´s been a sweet heart for sharing her pics with us, I would have done the same :)

She wasn't on the list for the acoustic show. Fact.

lmao I think its quite obvious how (slurp slurp). :rofl-lol:

How childish can you be? Grow up.

She wasn't on the list for the acoustic show. Fact.

No,no, you got me wrong, she got her name on that guests list for the accoustic.

No,no, you got me wrong, she got her name on that guests list for the accoustic.

BUT THERE WAS NO FUCKIN LIST....

Can i just ask did you guys all have VIP backstage passess? Before Axl arrived that is, because its my understanding that backstage gets cleared when Axl arrives!

Jonx

:rolleyes:

Again, if the tables were turned and it was mods and members from our forum who got invited to the gig - and not yours - please don't claim you wouldn't question it or be annoyed.

You can make all the creative claims you want about wandering around the streets and just randomly "hearing" about the gig - and secret text messages magically appearing out of nowhere putting your name on the list. But at the end of the day, you and your friends from your forum got invited -- ours didn't.

Annoyed? Nope.

If I knew how it went down, there's no way in hell I could be even a little bit annoyed. Jealousy is such a waste of energy.

You just can't let it go can you? There was no list with my name on it, there was no invitation from Merck or anybody else in the band.

I'm done. I'm writing the truth of how it happened (unfortunately for some, it's quite boring) and if you don't believe me, too bad.

Maybe you can e-mail Merck and ask him if he invited me?

/jarmo

You can play semantics all you like. The invitation didn't have to come from Merck personally - it could have been anybody in the GNR camp. We all know that. But the bottom line is -- you were invited and you were able to bring whomever you chose along with you. You can make creative stories about wandering around the streets of London (where you don't even live), and randomly hearing about the acoustic gig - and then magically being allowed into the gig even though you claim you had no pass and weren't on any list. That's one heck of a lot of coincidences, considering some people (in this very thread) had passes and were still turned away at the door.

I didnt get in because i got there late and was given the usual fire regulation bullshit. Im not famous and i didnt have any women with me so the fire regulation thing was good enough in the bouncers eyes, heard some of the show from outside though!

Jonx

How low can you go?

Cause in my eyes it doesn't get lower than this...

We've only told you the truth.

If you choose not to believe it then you have some serious issues you should check with a doctor.

I can always tell when somebody has lost an argument -- They resort to personal insults.

Even if Jarmo did get special consideration, he totally deserved it. He runs one of the best, if not the best unoffical GNR sites on the internet. Not many will argue that, its a respectable website. Its been up for ages and has always been there for the fans even in dark times when many didn't care about GNR.

Thats not to say Madison or Romano or others from this board wouldn't deserve special consideration if they played a gig like this at a North American date. Its cool for anyone who is a GNR fan. And a kind gesture from the band to randomly pick fans from the audience. :shades:

but don't you think the hardcore fans waiting all these years need some reward or even an interview or statement from axl telling us whats happening?

i'm pissed off that Axl has many fans willing to die for him and yet VIPs who can't even name all the members get secret acoustic gigs

I didnt get in because i got there late and was given the usual fire regulation bullshit. Im not famous and i didnt have any women with me so the fire regulation thing was good enough in the bouncers eyes, heard some of the show from outside though!

Jonx

My best friend who couldn't get in, he flew with me all the way from Greece, didn't make it and he listened to the whole show outside the club.

If we were invited or were on a fuckin list as madison claims, wouldn't I be able to get him in as well?

But I guess we can see some people for what they really are now...