Acoustic aftershow party

Guest cherry_bomb

wheres pit(t)man?

titman was hanging at the back with frank doing percussion.

robins behaviour - just very...into his solitude. and at the wembley show, he and bumblefoot didnt look like they got on. just something i picked up on.

anyways on holiday so peace!

PCG - was kind of randomly given the passes :laugh: but it was sorted out about 3 weeks ago or so.

forgot to mention - ron jumped out into the crowd cos people were getting crushed, there was this one idiot shoving people so he did the sliced throat gesture to him :rofl-lol: was very funny.

:wub:

OK I'm going to have to ask what everyone is thinking:

Cherry, is Axl with you on Holiday? <_<

UK SUBS.

He better fuckin not be - lol

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherry_bomb

wheres pit(t)man?

robins behaviour - just very...into his solitude. and at the wembley show, he and bumblefoot didnt look like they got on. just something i picked up on.

PCG - was kind of randomly given the passes :laugh: but it was sorted out about 3 weeks ago or so.

forgot to mention - ron jumped out into the crowd cos people were getting crushed, there was this one idiot shoving people so he did the sliced throat gesture to him :rofl-lol: was very funny.

UK SUBS.

haha!! i wish :(

wheres pit(t)man?

UK SUBS.

haha!! i wish :(

OI! Watch it you!

fantastic pics! first of all hello to everyone out there! been a G N' R fan since back in the day, and went to tne wembley gig saturday nite, just blew me away and seemed so surreal that the band i had listened to all these years i was actually watching! unluckily we didnt get our names called out as they were booked in my mums name, dont know how i would've explained that one!! :P dont know if this is the right section but does anyone know where i can get a recording of the wembley gig on the saturday nite? cheers and i look forward to many more happy postings!

Isn´t it a " coincidence" that so many members of htgth ( Jarmo included ) got that lucky to get in the club and go to the accoustic :suspicious: and almost nobody from other forums?... just thinking... :drevil:

Um not really. If you read all of their accounts, they were just in the right place at the right time. Oh, and Cherry is more of a MYGNR forumer than anything else.

Isn´t it a " coincidence" that so many members of htgth ( Jarmo included ) got that lucky to get in the club and go to the accoustic :suspicious: and almost nobody from other forums?... just thinking... :drevil:

Um not really. If you read all of their accounts, they were just in the right place at the right time. Oh, and Cherry is more of a MYGNR forumer than anything else.

Yes but apart from Cherry,who else in this forum?... and I´m not referring to those who register just to tell their stories but to members. And yes,right time and right place and RIGHT PERSON to let them come in...

Yes, I noticed that too.

Merck claims he treats all the forums equally, but - in this instance - it doesn't appear to be the case. It's a shame - especially when you consider that our forum has more registered members and posts than any other GNR forum.

Cherry's name wasn't one of the "random" names called out -- just as Jarmo's wasn't.

She already said she had arranged it weeks ahead of time.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Merck claims he treats all the forums equally, but - in this instance - it doesn't appear to be the case. It's a shame - especially when you consider that our forum has more registered members and posts than any other GNR forum.

Cherry's name wasn't one of the "random" names called out -- just as Jarmo's wasn't.

She already said she had arranged it weeks ahead of time.

I wasn't saying she was a random name called out. However, people like Jarmo may well have been recognised by someone at the club and therefore got in. If you were there Madison you probably would've got it too cause you could've spoken with Merck.

But I think it's silly to think that the random names called out weren't random.

At the end of the day, it's always about who you know and not what you know. At least all of the people that got in from various forums are REAL fans - and that's what counts. The annoying people are the celebs that got in for being famous.

.... At least all of the people that got in from various forums are REAL fans - and that's what counts. The annoying people are the celebs that got in for being famous.

Whatever you say.

But I don't consider fans from our forum to be 'less fans" than other forums, and as such, I think the invitation to attend the acoustic gig should have been extended equally to all forums. It could easily have been done. All they had to do was contact an admin on each of the main GNR forums and ask which regular members - who have supported the band year after year on the forum - live in the area. From there, they could have done a draw. But, they didn't do that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for Cherry for finding a way into the gig, and for the others from other forums who got there. But we have a lot of diehard fans on our forum who attended multiple shows overseas that I think deserved to be there too.

.... At least all of the people that got in from various forums are REAL fans - and that's what counts. The annoying people are the celebs that got in for being famous.

Whatever you say.

But I don't consider fans from our forum to be 'less fans" than other forums, and as such, I think the invitation to attend the acoustic gig should have been extended equally to all forums. It could easily have been done. All they had to do was contact an admin on each of the main GNR forums and ask which regular members - who have supported the band year after year on the forum - live in the area. From there, they could have done a draw. But, they didn't do that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for Cherry for finding a way into the gig, and for the others from other forums who got there. But we have a lot of diehard fans on our forum who attended multiple shows overseas that I think deserved to be there too.

great post madison :D

The unfortunate truth is that HTGTH is hosted on Sanctuary's servers, so there will always be bias towards their forum in situations like this, whether it's justified or not. It's a real shame that "politics" should influence an event like that, because really, at the end of the day, we're all Guns N' Roses fans brought together by a common cause.

The unfortunate truth is that HTGTH is hosted on Sanctuary's servers, so there will always be bias towards their forum in situations like this, whether it's justified or not. It's a real shame that "politics" should influence an event like that, because really, at the end of the day, we're all Guns N' Roses fans brought together by a common cause.

Exactly - no matter how much Merck claims he treats forums equally, the "invitations" to the acoustic event shows that's not the case. Now, I'm sure certain people - you know who you are - will get their panties in a knot over my posts on this subject, but this needed to be stated, and I make no apologies for saying what everybody else on this forum was thinking.

Yes, I noticed that too.

You should really look up stand up comedy as a possible career.

This jealousy coming from you is quite amusing.

I went to the Wembley show with a couple of friends who happen to post at out board. Wow, imagine that!

We then decided to go to Soho to check out the after show we had heard rumors about (not from Merck).

Then when we got there, we heard about the possible location of the acoustic show from somebody else (not Merck).

I got to the club and got let in because somebody (not Merck) recognized me at the door.

So all your assumptions about Merck getting me into this show are way off.

By the way, tell me how you invite people to a secret surprise gig weeks in advance? We found out about it at Wembley Arena a few hours before it happened.

Why should you be the one who gets to decide who gets to go in the first place?

Me getting to see this gig was mostly thanks to luck and I'm very greatful to those who made it possible for me to be there (see above). It was an amazing night.

There was no invitation from Merck (or anybody else). Get it?

Anyway, glad to see you're happy for me. :P

/jarmo

Edited by jarmo

Yes, I noticed that too.

You should really look up stand up comedy as a possible career.

This jealousy coming from you is quite amusing.

I went to the Wembley show with a couple of friends who happen to post at out board. Wow, imagine that!

We then decided to go to Soho to check out the after show we had heard rumors about (not from Merck).

Then when we got there, we heard about the possible location of the acoustic show from somebody else (not Merck).

I got to the club and got let in because somebody (not Merck) recognized me at the door.

So all your assumptions about Merck getting me into this show are way off.

By the way, tell me how you invite people to a secret surprise gig weeks in advance? We found out about it at Wembley Arena a few hours before it happened.

Why should you be the one who gets to decide who gets to go in the first place?

Me getting to see this gig was mostly thanks to luck and I'm very greatful to those who made it possible for me to be there (see above). It was an amazing night.

/jarmo

well said Jarmo.

Rock on dude rock3

/jarmo

In all fairness, she did say:

So play nice. ;)

For the record - madison isn't the only person who's suggested this either. Not discrediting either party, but when two HTGTH mods get into a "surprise" gig, then you can hardly blame anybody for having their suspicions aroused, whether they be accurate or not. Anyway, genuinely glad you enjoyed it! ;)

/jarmo

In all fairness, she did say:

So play nice. ;)

For the record - madison isn't the only person who's suggested this either. Not discrediting either party, but when two HTGTH mods get into a "surprise" gig, then you can hardly blame anybody for having their suspicions aroused, whether they be accurate or not. Anyway, genuinely glad you enjoyed it! ;)

Well said HV ;)