Best new folk/country/rock album?

jack99

Best new folk/country/rock album?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think these albums are pretty much in the same genre and I think they prove there's still some good music out there today. Although Cash and Springsteens are mostly covers.

So, which one is your fav? You like this type of music at all?

Out of these I've listened most to the Knopfler & Harris album. I think Emmylou has an amazing voice and it does a lot for the songs. The new one from Dixie Chicks is great too and I've just bought Highway Companion by Tom Petty which is the best thing he's done in years.

Is still half of America pissed at the Dixie Chicks becuase they said they were ashamed to come from the same state as President Bush? I read the radio stations are afraid to play their music becuase people call in and threaten them and the band constantly recieve death threats? Bruce Springsteen, Green Day and Jay-Z didn't get the same treatment when they spoke out against Bush...

Well, it's cool that they don't care and their music is topping the charts all over the world.

Is still half of America pissed at the Dixie Chicks becuase they said they were ashamed to come from the same state as President Bush? I read the radio stations are afraid to play their music becuase people call in and threaten them and the band constantly recieve death threats? Bruce Springsteen, Green Day and Jay-Z didn't get the same treatment when they spoke out against Bush...

Well, it's cool that they don't care and their music is topping the charts all over the world.

Thats because rednecks dont listen to Bruce Springsteen, Green Day, or Jay-Z. But rednecks did listen to the Dixie Chicks.

I recently "Acquired" the Mark Knopfler one. I haven't had a good listen yet, but from what I've heard it sounds quite good so that's getting my vote... today.

I recently bought a few of the older Dire Straits albums and I secretly like them a lot!