Quote of the tour

Marky

What is your favourite G'N'R quote from 2006 (can be from the NY gigs and the 2 acoustic shows as well if you want)

My favourite is under my sig. I know it's not much but Izzy is my favourite guitarist ever, so to see him onstage with Axl after all those years was just overwhelming.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in athens, when someone threw a bottle of lubricant onto the stage...he said:

"oh look...lubricant....well, we are in greece after all"

:unsure: I was there and I haven't heard that! When exactly? Before which song?

I highly doubt that...

Edited by rQueen

in athens, when someone threw a bottle of lubricant onto the stage...he said:

"oh look...lubricant....well, we are in greece after all"

:lol::lol:

Don't get too excited ppl cause it's most probably not true, cause not a single Greek heard that, neither we saw someone throwing such a thing on stage!!

Don't get too excited ppl cause it's most probably not true, cause not a single Greek heard that, neither we saw someone throwing such a thing on stage!!

not to rain on your parade mate...but i was about 20 metres away from him when he said that....

not to rain on your parade mate...but i was about 20 metres away from him when he said that....

I was in the front row on the right!!

So tell me then at what point of the concert he said that!

Edited by rQueen

I was in the front row!!

towards the end, just before he picked up the greek flag...he was talking to tommy about something...then tommy laughed and said something like "...i know, i played that show"...at which point axl walked over to the mic, picked up a bottle of sorts from the front, and said that....and then everyone laughed...

did you hear the bit when they were moving the piano away after the blues, and they couldn't get into the opening...and then axl said...."are we having fun or are we just retarded?"

and a few seconds later he said...."dancing with the 'tards..."

I was in the front row!!

towards the end, just before he picked up the greek flag...he was talking to tommy about something...then tommy laughed and said something like "...i know, i played that show"...at which point axl walked over to the mic, picked up a bottle of sorts from the front, and said that....and then everyone laughed...

did you hear the bit when they were moving the piano away after the blues, and they couldn't get into the opening...and then axl said...."are we having fun or are we just retarded?"

and a few seconds later he said...."dancing with the 'tards..."

I've seen that part in video too, but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't say that.

He surelly says something like "see things that happen live" but it's not about that!

I think that the greek forum would have mentioned it, and this never happenned.

I've seen that part in video too, but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't say that.

He surelly says something like "see things that happen live" but it's not about that!

I think that the greek forum would have mentioned it, and this never happenned.

well, i sure as hell didn't invent it....i was standing in front of the right big screen...there were a few guys with the greek gnr forum t.shirts next to me, and they all laughed...someone else on there must be able to confirm this...