Anyone saw Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 Europe today,or yesterday?

zqyx

I saw only a little :

9-FNM -Epic

8 Guns n' Roses -Don't Cry

7-Offspring Self Esteem

6 -RATM -Killing in the name

5 Pearl Jam- Even Flow

4 Bon Jovi-In these arms

3_RHCP-Otherside

2-Metallica-Enter Sandman

1 Nirvana-Come as you are

Anyone saw more?

I only saw up to no. 8, which was something by Slayer (I don't remember the name). PC got 21, one spot ahead of Enter Sandman. The show was hosted by Baz, which was funny when he got to introduce slave To The Grind at number 18.

I checked the list on the net, WTTJ got number 2 and Fade To Black was the first.

I guess there is some confussion here... The list zquyx refers to was a list of Rock songs of the 90'th - only 10 songs.

The 40 greatest metal song is another list: Guns N' Roses attended the metal song list as number 21 with Paradice City and number 2 with The Jungle. And Sebastian Bach was a real cool host rock3

40: Breaking the Law - Judas Priest

39: I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper

38: Balls to the Wall - Accept

37: Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

36: Wait and Bleed - Slipknot

35: Metal Health - Quiet Riot

34: Paranoid - Black Sabbath

33: High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night) - Def Leppard

32: Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie

31: Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions

30: Epic - Faith No More

29: Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax

28: The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

27: Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden

26: Refuse/Resist - Sepultura

25: Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

24: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC

23: Freak on a Leash - Korn

22: Enter Sandman - Metallica

21: Paradise City - Guns N' Roses rock2

20: I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

19: Man in the Box - Alice in Chains

18: Slave to the Grind - Skid Row

17: Live Wire [Kick A** '91 Remix] [Mix] - Mötley Crüe

16: Walk - Pantera

15: Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine

14: Toxicity - System of a Down

13: Rainbow in the Dark - Dio

12: Bring the Noise - Anthrax

11: Peace Sells - Megadeth

10: Ace of Spades - Motörhead

9: Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

8: Raining Blood - Slayer

7: The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

6: Detroit Rock City - Kiss

5: You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest

4: Back in Black - AC/DC

3: Master of Puppets - Metallica

2: Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses rock2

1: Iron Man - Black Sabbath

Sebastian looks fuckin awesome, i mean, he is like , hell have no idea how old he is, but he looks like late 20 or early, very early 30. at least in this VH1 show:)

attention: right now is a showw on VH! ROCK HONORS: QUEEN ;JUDAS PRIEST; DEFF LEPPARD; KISS! :) if u have tv , it could be nice to watch it:)

keep safe

Sebastian looks fuckin awesome, i mean, he is like , hell have no idea how old he is, but he looks like late 20 or early, very early 30. at least in this VH1 show:)

attention: right now is a showw on VH! ROCK HONORS: QUEEN ;JUDAS PRIEST; DEFF LEPPARD; KISS! :) if u have tv , it could be nice to watch it:)

keep safe

Wait and see - soon Slash and Gilby wil show up rock3

While I was in Finland, they showed on MTV a list of the best Metal ever. I only saw the last 4, but it was like this:

4. Judas Priest - Painkiller

3. AC/DC - Back In Black

2. Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

1. Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

I didn´t see it but I have a few doubts that I hope someone can solve,I know I may sound ignorant but...

Since when are GNR considered metal?, hence their song Don´t cry considered as metal in that list...

As far as I know,the term epic applies to balads, how is it they consider a Nirvana song as epic? or did I understand it wrong?

I guess there is some confussion here... The list zquyx refers to was a list of Rock songs of the 90'th - only 10 songs.

The 40 greatest metal song is another list: Guns N' Roses attended the metal song list as number 21 with Paradice City and number 2 with The Jungle. And Sebastian Bach was a real cool host rock3

In program schedule that was 40 Greatest Metal Songs,so i think i don't make mistake.Yes i start to watch this late,but i think i'm no wrong. And i remember not so long ago someone wrote here about 40 Greatest Metal Songs list in VH1.But today's list was in VH1 EUROPE,and i don't think they change tv schedule to play something else.So anyone saw it ?

And BTW i'm zqyx,not zquyx :)

Edited by zqyx

I didn´t see it but I have a few doubts that I hope someone can solve,I know I may sound ignorant but...

Since when are GNR considered metal?, hence their song Don´t cry considered as metal in that list...

As far as I know,the term epic applies to balads, how is it they consider a Nirvana song as epic? or did I understand it wrong?

There are two list - a list of 40 metalsongs - and a list of 10 rock songs of the 90'th. Someone just mixed the 2 list up. Check one of my other post in this tread ;)

Edited by Hejanne

There are two list - a list of 40 metalsongs - and a list of 10 rock songs of the 90'th. Someone just mixed the 2 list up. Check one of my other post in this tread ;)

OK, thanx for clearing this up.

the first post is about another show, about top 10 songs of the 90's; the real list is the long one - 40 best metal songs:) and as far as i understand it, it's not ment to be METAL METAL, only hard, heavy rock/metal:)

No,show was 40 Greatest Metal Songs. Check this :

http://www.vh1e.com/vh1e.com/schedules.jht...IHSFFGAVABBAIV0

So i really doubt they change tv schedule.

I saw both ;) The 40 metal songs ended before time - I saw it yesterday - and some of it today. Guess the 10 Rock songs list replaced the Red Hot Chili Pepers list - because I never saw that :no:

Also, you can find the metal list here: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/...this_list.jhtml

By the way - The Guns N' Roses numbers were live ones, not sure witch concert PC was from, but Jungle was from the Ritz

Edited by Hejanne

40: Breaking the Law - Judas Priest

39: I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper

38: Balls to the Wall - Accept

37: Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

36: Wait and Bleed - Slipknot

35: Metal Health - Quiet Riot

34: Paranoid - Black Sabbath

33: High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night) - Def Leppard

32: Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie

31: Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions

30: Epic - Faith No More

29: Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax

28: The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

27: Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden

26: Refuse/Resist - Sepultura

25: Cowboys From Hell - Pantera

24: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC

23: Freak on a Leash - Korn

22: Enter Sandman - Metallica

21: Paradise City - Guns N' Roses rock2

20: I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

19: Man in the Box - Alice in Chains

18: Slave to the Grind - Skid Row

17: Live Wire [Kick A** '91 Remix] [Mix] - Mötley Crüe

16: Walk - Pantera

15: Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine

14: Toxicity - System of a Down

13: Rainbow in the Dark - Dio

12: Bring the Noise - Anthrax

11: Peace Sells - Megadeth

10: Ace of Spades - Motörhead

9: Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

8: Raining Blood - Slayer

7: The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

6: Detroit Rock City - Kiss

5: You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest

4: Back in Black - AC/DC

3: Master of Puppets - Metallica

2: Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses rock2

1: Iron Man - Black Sabbath

that's the real one, and I think they make this list pretty well :) 1 thing makes me :confused: Guns N'Roses metal? Ain't they hard rock band? Axl said "We're Rock N'Roll band" ...

Edited by Nefertiti