The Quiet Before The Storm?

Nick85

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(artfromtex @ Aug 8 2006, 10:55 AM)

QUOTE(steveysham @ Aug 8 2006, 09:04 AM)

he toured the uk without an album he can do the same for the us. the us tour is supposed to start in september and the album is supposedly comming out in LATE FALL so that means you wont have the album either.

the U.S. is a different animal. first off, most people in the U.S. know that this ain't the original line-up, which i think alot of Euros thought otherwise (all the adverts with pics of Slash and Duff, etc.). i think we're a little more critical of the whole "new guys playing the old tunes" gag. he needs something fresh to promote for the U.S. tour to do better than the 2002 tour. i'm not saying that I feel that way personally, though of course i want the album as badly as anyone, but i just know how Americans are. he doesn't have the "reunion" gimmick to play on, so he has to be hyping a new album. the tour has to have some sort of hype for the American audience to latch on to. interest in this band has to be generated and it has to be done by new music. or else he's mainly going to playing in front of small audiences and accomplishing nothing.

Exactly. It'd be 2002 all over again.

No album news, no future for GN'R.

what so you think we live in huts out here away from all knowledge of the band? we knew just as well as you do about gnr. The people at the gigs boo'ed because they didnt know it wasn't the original line up. and the same will happen in the us. axl has to build up reconition by touring with this band, then he can do a cd tour with the album. He needs to get people interested in the band first, then he can release the material. otherwise it wont sell and people will think the new band suck

QUOTE(artfromtex @ Aug 8 2006, 10:55 AM)

QUOTE(steveysham @ Aug 8 2006, 09:04 AM)

he toured the uk without an album he can do the same for the us. the us tour is supposed to start in september and the album is supposedly comming out in LATE FALL so that means you wont have the album either.

the U.S. is a different animal. first off, most people in the U.S. know that this ain't the original line-up, which i think alot of Euros thought otherwise (all the adverts with pics of Slash and Duff, etc.). i think we're a little more critical of the whole "new guys playing the old tunes" gag. he needs something fresh to promote for the U.S. tour to do better than the 2002 tour. i'm not saying that I feel that way personally, though of course i want the album as badly as anyone, but i just know how Americans are. he doesn't have the "reunion" gimmick to play on, so he has to be hyping a new album. the tour has to have some sort of hype for the American audience to latch on to. interest in this band has to be generated and it has to be done by new music. or else he's mainly going to playing in front of small audiences and accomplishing nothing.

Exactly. It'd be 2002 all over again.

No album news, no future for GN'R.

what so you think we live in huts out here away from all knowledge of the band? we knew just as well as you do about gnr. The people at the gigs boo'ed because they didnt know it wasn't the original line up. and the same will happen in the us. axl has to build up reconition by touring with this band, then he can do a cd tour with the album. He needs to get people interested in the band first, then he can release the material. otherwise it wont sell and people will think the new band suck

I agree

All these Rocket Scientists that think they have a magic crystal ball, that tells them HOW to produce a band!

Exactly how many bands have you guys produced, or been in?

UYI toured the US without a Album being dropped, and succeeded!

and yeah, I'm in the music business!

GOD

All these Rocket Scientists that think they have a magic crystal ball, that tells them HOW to produce a band!

GOD

:drevil:

GOD

Really Nice Sig Man! IZZY ROCKS!

GOD

GOD

Really Nice Sig Man! IZZY ROCKS!

GOD

Oh why thankyou...God..

God is watching. :confused:

sorry father for I have sinned. :confused:

And if god thinks Izzy rocks. Then so do I ;)

And about the touring without a album. I dont see to many problems with that. I was in oslo and they ripped the place apart with the new and old songs. I didnt feel cheated from material or shit. And some of my friends didnt know alot of the new songs and couldnt sing along. and that is half of the deal about beeing at a gig.

This is the comeback tour and then will the chinese world tour be in the works and hit when the band is hot. ;)

Edited by Bromle

UYI toured the US without a Album being dropped, and succeeded.

When they were basically the biggest band in the world.

They've been out of the mainstream spotlight for about a decade now. A small blimp in 2002 aside, nothing more.

and you have worked with HOW many bands? How many years in the industry??

Thought so!

GOD

And about the touring without a album. I dont see to many problems with that. I was in oslo and they ripped the place apart with the new and old songs. I didnt feel cheated from material or shit. And some of my friends didnt know alot of the new songs and couldnt sing along. and that is half of the deal about beeing at a gig.

This is the comeback tour and then will the chinese world tour be in the works and hit when the band is hot. ;)

This MAY come as a surprise but God sins too. Man made Liquor, GOD made Grass, who do YOU trust?

and yes IZZY ROCKETH!!

A LOT of people are going to be silenced when the US tour is successful and when the album hits!

They will probably be lining up with chapstick to kiss ass, and play the game.

A LOT of people (NOT fans) are out for personal glory and to watch GnR fall on it's face but, they will be sadly disappointed, Gives god a hardon just thinking about it,and a warm fuzzy feeling!

Be Blessed my Apostle

GOD

why were the illusions given out as 2 albums?

Because it is rarely (if ever) done and there was enough material for 2+ Albums

The original idea is that one kid would buy one album, one the other and burn each others.

Hell, Downloading seems to be fucking popular!

GOD

Yeah if this discussion was restricted to those 'in the know' there'd be three people posting. :rolleyes: Get a grip. It's obvious to anyone that if Axl starts a second tour without any news about new material the future does not look bright for them at all.

OH another Doom Predictor! Sold OUT stadiums all over europe!!! Looks bright to God!

(and I'd be one of the three)

This MAY come as a surprise but God sins too. Man made Liquor, GOD made Grass, who do YOU trust?

and yes IZZY ROCKETH!!

A LOT of people are going to be silenced when the US tour is successful and when the album hits!

A LOT of people (NOT fans) are out for personal glory and to watch GnR fall on it's face but, they will be sadly disappointed, Gives god a hardon just thinking about it,and a warm fuzzy feeling!

Be Blessed my Apostle

GOD

I totally agree with you, my lord!! (yay!! I'm talking to God :lol:)

Seriously!! We are the fans. We know that there's a new line-up, but a lot of people don't. This tour before the album is for introducing the band and to show that they are good at playing the old songs as well as the new songs.

After the tour people will be craving for the album, so I don't beleive when someone says "If the album doesn't come out this year, I'm done with GN'R" :no:

This tour was a success, as well as is going to be the US tour, and if the CD comes out after the tour, I know everybody is going to buy it. Really, it's a business strategy. ;)

and yes IZZY ROCKETH!!

Be Blessed my Apostle

GOD

I totally agree with you, my lord!! (yay!! I'm talking to God :lol:)

Seriously!! We are the fans. We know that there's a new line-up, but a lot of people don't. This tour before the album is for introducing the band and to show that they are good at playing the old songs as well as the new songs.

After the tour people will be craving for the album, so I don't beleive when someone says "If the album doesn't come out this year, I'm done with GN'R" :no:

This tour was a success, as well as is going to be the US tour, and if the CD comes out after the tour, I know everybody is going to buy it. Really, it's a business strategy. ;)

AGREED, Method behind the madness!

Thought so!

You sound like a total douche.

You can't compare the Pre-Illusion tour to this one, the only thing the have in common is no album. Not the same band, not the same buzz, not the same setlist, not the same decade.

I repeat: no album=no future.

Thought so!

You sound like a total douche.

You can't compare the Pre-Illusion tour to this one, the only thing the have in common is no album. Not the same band, not the same buzz, not the same setlist, not the same decade.

I repeat: no album=no future.

and I repeat: WAIT AND SEE! Not a Douche but I am an Asshole, and good at it!

Are you a Justin Timberlake fan? :rofl-lol:

But what do we really have, aside from axl's word to suggest it is any closer to coming out? I mean, either no work needs to be done on it, in which case, why isn't it already out, or more work needs to be done, in which case when are they going to do it? They're not really giving themselves much time.

I'd prefer it if they worked on the album then released it quickly. It seems that the guy playing lead guitar on the album hasn't been in the band for two years. I thought half the point was to solidify the new lineup? I;d also love to hear izzy playing. They could do it in a few weeks if they really wanted to.

However, it can't be nearly as simple as that. In the 02 tour, they were cancelling shows for last minute recording. Then nothing. Something just doesn't add up about any of this. It has never had anything to do with recording time or lineup changes or tours. The only thing stopping the album's release is axl. Maybe he's afraid. Maybe he likes being in the position he's in. But whatever the reason is, I don't see it changing soon.

But what do we really have, aside from axl's word to suggest it is any closer to coming out? I mean, either no work needs to be done on it, in which case, why isn't it already out, or more work needs to be done, in which case when are they going to do it? They're not really giving themselves much time.

I'd prefer it if they worked on the album then released it quickly. It seems that the guy playing lead guitar on the album hasn't been in the band for two years. I thought half the point was to solidify the new lineup? I;d also love to hear izzy playing. They could do it in a few weeks if they really wanted to.

However, it can't be nearly as simple as that. In the 02 tour, they were cancelling shows for last minute recording. Then nothing. Something just doesn't add up about any of this. It has never had anything to do with recording time or lineup changes or tours. The only thing stopping the album's release is axl. Maybe he's afraid. Maybe he likes being in the position he's in. But whatever the reason is, I don't see it changing soon.

And He told you this in confidence, right?

I smell Bullshit!

if axl tours this fall the chances are you will go see them so will msot casual gnr fans. wen cd is released you will most likely buy it. you dont have to tour for an album to be sucessfull and you dont need an album to tour. you're comparing to what other bands are doing, this is gnr.