The Quiet Before The Storm?

Nick85

So what do you think everyone? Will an album release date be given before or during the U.S tour announcement? My fear is that we'll eventually get a buncha tour dates with zero word of the album and 2006 will just become another rehash of 2002 with promises the new album unfulfilled, yet again.

Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be grateful no matter what.

Says who?

I want the album.

We will get the album probably late this year and at least a single before then. Axl knows his rep is on the line here and if he wants to do a full US tour without disaster again he is going to have to give us something more.

So what do you think everyone? Will an album release date be given before or during the U.S tour announcement? My fear is that we'll eventually get a buncha tour dates with zero word of the album and 2006 will just become another rehash of 2002 with promises the new album unfulfilled, yet again.

Thoughts?

If this happens then my hopes will be lost for Axl and GN'R. I don't wanna start listening to VR... really....

If Axl tours the US without any word of CD, he's fucked.

In terms of credibility, perhaps. It would pretty much confirm my fears about the album and the new material.

But the tour itself will most likely still be a success. It's still the Guns N' Roses name, it's still Axl, and the setlist contains the classic songs that people love.

Anyway, the next couple of months will be very interesting...

he toured the uk without an album he can do the same for the us. the us tour is supposed to start in september and the album is supposedly comming out in LATE FALL so that means you wont have the album either.

the U.S. is a different animal. first off, most people in the U.S. know that this ain't the original line-up, which i think alot of Euros thought otherwise (all the adverts with pics of Slash and Duff, etc.). i think we're a little more critical of the whole "new guys playing the old tunes" gag. he needs something fresh to promote for the U.S. tour to do better than the 2002 tour. i'm not saying that I feel that way personally, though of course i want the album as badly as anyone, but i just know how Americans are. he doesn't have the "reunion" gimmick to play on, so he has to be hyping a new album. the tour has to have some sort of hype for the American audience to latch on to. interest in this band has to be generated and it has to be done by new music. or else he's mainly going to playing in front of small audiences and accomplishing nothing.

Edited by artfromtex

he toured the uk without an album he can do the same for the us. the us tour is supposed to start in september and the album is supposedly comming out in LATE FALL so that means you wont have the album either.

the U.S. is a different animal. first off, most people in the U.S. know that this ain't the original line-up, which i think alot of Euros thought otherwise (all the adverts with pics of Slash and Duff, etc.). i think we're a little more critical of the whole "new guys playing the old tunes" gag. he needs something fresh to promote for the U.S. tour to do better than the 2002 tour. i'm not saying that I feel that way personally, though of course i want the album as badly as anyone, but i just know how Americans are. he doesn't have the "reunion" gimmick to play on, so he has to be hyping a new album. the tour has to have some sort of hype for the American audience to latch on to. interest in this band has to be generated and it has to be done by new music. or else he's mainly going to playing in front of small audiences and accomplishing nothing.

Exactly. It'd be 2002 all over again.

No album news, no future for GN'R.

i have no doubt that Axl is well aware that its time for him to shit or get off the pot. bottom line is, if we dont have NEW songs playing on the radio and the album in our hands by the time the first couple of US shows are over, GNR is fucked. no matter what, people like us will go to the shows, but if others dont hear new songs, why would they want to go see a band that they consider a ripoff of the original?

the U.S. is a different animal. first off, most people in the U.S. know that this ain't the original line-up, which i think alot of Euros thought otherwise (all the adverts with pics of Slash and Duff, etc.). i think we're a little more critical of the whole "new guys playing the old tunes" gag.

true...europeans were very content with the songs themselves...not neccesarilly with the people in the band...other than the obvious...that's why Europe was a great starting point.

he needs something fresh to promote for the U.S. tour to do better than the 2002 tour. i'm not saying that I feel that way personally, though of course i want the album as badly as anyone, but i just know how Americans are. he doesn't have the "reunion" gimmick to play on, so he has to be hyping a new album. the tour has to have some sort of hype for the American audience to latch on to. interest in this band has to be generated and it has to be done by new music. or else he's mainly going to playing in front of small audiences and accomplishing nothing.

good point...guys, i think axl deserves all the credit he can get for this year...he did an awesome tour amidst all the bad predictions which were hurled at him based on previous experiences...the mood is great (it seems) in the band and in his head specifically...and judging by the fans' responses all over europe...he still has what it takes to do this...

I'm happy for him...I hope he makes it...and more importantly, I hope that US reacts the same way Europe did this year...and as artfromtex said...they may need a bit more of an incentive to do that...and I truly hope he gives them (and us) exactly what they were hoping for....if not a little bit more.

Times are good...rock on GNR!!