anyone ever see this before?

Appetite 4 Axl

The fact that he isnt a fan sort of makes him more objective. His analysis is clear. I don't think he's doing it as a scam, but he might be wrong.

I think there is a story arc obviously because Axl/GNR were just writing about their lives. Axl did write a song about moving to LA, and a love song. And a bunch of songs about the people in his life, so it's not a stretch that it tells a story. He even wrote about the break up. But did he write a break up about Erin? I thought Nov Rain was about that model? I think the author has forced the issue a bit.

I think Axl did think of AFD as a concept, that's how he thinks, these grand ideas. I'm not sure if he was conscious of this whole story running through it. But he was writing about his life so it has an intrinsic story.

It brings me to a point where I have to ask: So is GNR really just Axl and they guys he uses to get his vision made, the songs written he wants. Maybe all these guitarists don't have any idea about lyrics and themes and even how to take a song from an idea to fully realised song. Izzy can strum on his guitar and come up with a tune but then Axl has to develop it to make it a single?

But it's true at the time of AFD I was young and thought these guys are outta control rebels. But now I listen to music and it's professional shit. If they were half as wasted as they claimed how could the music be so together? Maybe the industry processes these bands so well that it looks like they know what they are doing?