Listening to Guns n Roses has made me a better person

Dangelus

Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself and talk a bit about how I feel about GNR.

I've been a fan of the band since Use Your Illusion records and have most items I can get my hands on.

To me GNR doesn't represent Axl Rose or Slash or Buckethead or Bumblefoot, its far more personal - they force feelings out of me - be it sadness with Estranged, the Euphoria of Love with SCOM, anger with back off bitch - we all got into GNR because of what it represents to us personally.

The reason I love Guns n Roses is that they have music that can speak to you - I don't care as much what a particular song means to Axl - I care about what it means to me, I can listen to GITR and all my anger that I might be feeling on that particular day just pours out and I feel better.

GNR make me a better person because of the sheer emotion of their music and how it can pick you up!

I'm a massive Axl Rose fan but its not about him and whether he is an asshole or not - its about what his music does for you. Axl's look and what he has said/done are of secondary importance because that stuff can easily spoil your enjoyment of a band that can speak to all your emotions.

Hope at least some of that made sense anyway!!

alright man?

Sorry for drumming my point over and over - what I meant was people can kinda get absorbed into Axl's life and personality and "look" and forget why they like GNR in the first place.

You did make me laugh though dude.

Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself and talk a bit about how I feel about GNR.

I've been a fan of the band since Use Your Illusion records and have most items I can get my hands on.

To me GNR doesn't represent Axl Rose or Slash or Buckethead or Bumblefoot, its far more personal - they force feelings out of me - be it sadness with Estranged, the Euphoria of Love with SCOM, anger with back off bitch - we all got into GNR because of what it represents to us personally.

The reason I love Guns n Roses is that they have music that can speak to you - I don't care as much what a particular song means to Axl - I care about what it means to me, I can listen to GITR and all my anger that I might be feeling on that particular day just pours out and I feel better.

GNR make me a better person because of the sheer emotion of their music and how it can pick you up!

I'm a massive Axl Rose fan but its not about him and whether he is an asshole or not - its about what his music does for you. Axl's look and what he has said/done are of secondary importance because that stuff can easily spoil your enjoyment of a band that can speak to all your emotions.

I agree with this completely, I don't care who is in the band. I love GNR because of their music. I think thats why I prefer the New GNR to the original. The New Guns and a new era of music something thats never been done before. But they keep the classic GNR feel and use both elements to create absolutely incredible shows and songs. Buckethead or Bumblefoot as long as they can play who cares? sure they are not as good as Slash but they can put on a much better show. Izzy, Gilby, Richard who cares? they are all great guiarists. I hate the way people are so judgemental of GNR and will never except how great this new reicarnation. Embrace it or shut-up!

rock4

Edited by mr.drummin

Sometimes when I am listening to my iPod as I walk to class through West Philadelphia, and Welcome to the Jungle, Back off Bitch, or Get in the Ring comes on, I get this insatiable urge to beat the shit out of the lowlifes and homeless people that won't leave me alone, even though its obvious im in a hurry to get somewhere... :confused::shocked::blink:

but sweet child o mine almost always puts me in a good mood. :lol:

Edited by jah772

Gn'R has changed most of us. I'm a huge Axl fan too, and I don't give a shit what ppl think/say about him, he'll always be the man who brought that little sth in my life. And he inspired me too. Yes, the music has a message and has sense, even though some of the songs are only about a bitch, getting laid or getting high (kinda), I still love it. So I know what you feel and most of us feel the same.

Gn'R will always be in my heart and mind.

I agree with this completely, I don't care who is in the band.

I care. Its very important.

I love GNR because of their music. I think thats why I prefer the New GNR to the original. The New Guns and a new era of music something thats never been done before.But they keep the classic GNR feel and use both elements to create absolutely incredible shows and songs.

There I agree with you. Mr. Brownstone with Finck on it is by far my most favorite version of that song. Of course, I only know it in a live environment.

Buckethead or Bumblefoot as long as they can play who cares?

That's where I disagree. GNR has always been looked at and considered as a modern day "pinnacle" of what a rock band should be. There aren't many bands out there who get people coming to their shows just to watch the lead guitar...and gnr had that...so it is important who gets that glorified seat...and a below par member is not good for us...not to say that bbf is below par...but i preferred bucket.

sure they are not as good as Slash but they can put on a much better show.

There I don't agree at all...that's nonsense...bucket and slash shouldn't be compared at all as they belong to different music worlds when it comes to lead guitar....better show? doubt it...it was a magical experience watching slash play live...i don't get the same feeling with bbf.

Izzy, Gilby, Richard who cares? they are all great guiarists.

I care...Izzy is the reason we have those songs that the starter of this thread talks about, and izzy's departure was the beginning of the end for gnr in the 90's...he's a massively important figure in this band's history...Gilby was just a replacement, he didn't really show off his prowess in writing for gnr and Richard is a session (although very good) musician...until we get to see his work, I'll reserve judgement.

I hate the way people are so judgemental of GNR and will never except how great this new reicarnation. Embrace it or shut-up!

People are a bit overly-critical, I have to agree...the new line up does put on a good show, and they perform well...but like I said...its easy being a cover band....let's see some of their work which was meant for us...and then we must share opinions on their abilities to perform.

Edited by elmir

The real test will be when the album comes out, If, as I believe, it is a classic album and sells well upon its release then there is no reason why bbf finck or fortus won't become household names like Slash:

My point is with all the bullshit that surrounds the band either from the media or, frankly, from Axl himself its easy to loose track of why we love this band. As long as Chinese Democracy has songs that you can relate and get under your skin there is no reason why GNR can't be reborn.

Better is a prime example of a catchy song that many people just "get"

'Better' should be the first new single to be released on radio. It is as catchy as SCOM. The other songs don't have this catchy effect, they are too rock for a single which needs to put GNR back on the map. Furthermore, it would proof Finck is a worthy relpacement on lead and writing.

'Better' should be the first new single to be released on radio. It is as catchy as SCOM. The other songs don't have this catchy effect, they are too rock for a single which needs to put GNR back on the map. Furthermore, it would proof Finck is a worthy relpacement on lead and writing.

Indeed Better is a great song and a damn addictive one :D

Anyways I think that almost all of GN'R fans can say that the music is why they listen to the best band in the world ;)

Gn'R has changed most of us. I'm a huge Axl fan too, and I don't give a shit what ppl think/say about him, he'll always be the man who brought that little sth in my life. And he inspired me too. Yes, the music has a message and has sense, even though some of the songs are only about a bitch, getting laid or getting high (kinda), I still love it. So I know what you feel and most of us feel the same.

Gn'R will always be in my heart and mind.

Couldn't put it any better!