Guns N' Roses for Guitar Hero II

jack99

Guns N' Roses' classic rock anthem 'Sweet Child O' Mine' is the latest song to be confirmed for the 'Guitar

Hero' sequel.

Gamers will be able to play along with Slash's famous guitar line using a customised guitar-shaped controller

when the game is released for the PlayStation 2 later this year.

Developers Red Octane have confirmed the track will be included in the new version of the game after

thousands of requests from fans for its inclusion.

'Sweet Child O' Mine' is the 12th song to be confirmed for the game and developers have promised there will

be a total of 55 tracks.

The songs currently confirmed are:

Anthrax - Madhouse

Black Drist - Arterial

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night?

The Kinks - You Really Got Me

KISS - Strutter

Motley Crüe - Shout at the Devil

Primus - John The Fisherman

Rush - YYZ

Stone Temple Pilots - Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart

The Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout

'Guitar Hero II' is set for release in November.

Source: http://gamesnews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifesty...tandwin,00.html

Guns N' Roses' classic rock anthem 'Sweet Child O' Mine' is the latest song to be confirmed for the 'Guitar

Hero' sequel.

Gamers will be able to play along with Slash's famous guitar line using a customised guitar-shaped controller

Developers Red Octane have confirmed the track will be included in the new version of the game after

'Sweet Child O' Mine' is the 12th song to be confirmed for the game and developers have promised there will

be a total of 55 tracks.

Anthrax - Madhouse

Black Drist - Arterial

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

KISS - Strutter

Rush - YYZ

Why buy a game to 'play' it. Its not exactly hard to play for real. :rofl-lol:

Gamers will be able to play along with Slash'sRobin's famous guitar line using a customised guitar-shaped controller

:rolleyes: When will they ever learn? This is 2006, they need to stop living in the past.

Gamers will be able to play along with Slash'sRobin's famous guitar line using a customised guitar-shaped controller

:rolleyes: When will they ever learn? This is 2006, they need to stop living in the past.

:rofl-lol:

L O L

:fuckyou:

This is awesome news. I bought Guitar Hero 1 Sunday and I was like " Too bad there's no GNR in this game" And yesterday I was listening to like 3 hours of GNR and I was like "This song would be good in that game" Then I thought, "All GNR songs should be in this game" But now that I know SCOM is in it, I'm gonna buy this game as soon as it comes out

well, Robin ain't exactly famous for Sweet Child O' Mine couse Slash wrote that intro...

well, Robin ain't exactly famous for Sweet Child O' Mine couse Slash wrote that intro...

I was being sarcastic, but some people actually think like that on this forum

huge news for me as i love guitar hero 1.

I saw a video advertisement for it on gamespot with SCOM, the problem is this game is all covers. This is one song the band can't do the vocals right on. They could have done a much better job IMHO.

it's okay though, still get to play some SCOM.

Hero' sequel.

be a total of 55 tracks.

Anthrax - Madhouse

Black Drist - Arterial

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

KISS - Strutter

Rush - YYZ

Why buy a game to 'play' it. Its not exactly hard to play for real. :rofl-lol:

i can't play sweet child proper on guitar yet is there something wrong with me?

i can't play sweet child proper on guitar yet is there something wrong with me?

No, you just haven't had enough practise. I'm just saying that the reward is far greater playing it for real on a real guitar than the novelty of playing it on a videogame. Its not a hard song to play in all honesty.

Actually, the likelyhood of the game containing the actual version of the song is really low. The way Red Octane saves money is by buying the rights to the song, not the song itself. So they have a dude cover it. There is only one actual version of a major label song on Guitar Hero I, adn that is a Black Label Society tune. So odds are low that either Robin or Slash will be heard in the song--it'll probably be their studio guitarist, who is phenomenal. It'll say "Sweet Child O' Mine, As Made Famous By Gun N' Roses"

~Bryan, Guitar Hero Addict Who Has Been Drooling Ever Since Sweet Child and Shout At the Devil weere confirmed.