Got the new Audioslave album

gunsguy

What's different about this one? I was always a Rage and Soundgarden fan, but the first 2 Audioslave albums were nowhere near that good IMO.

This one's supposed to be Earth Wind and Fire meets Led Zeppelin. as described by Tom Morello.

Sounds interesting-will have to check this one out.

I think album will be released on September 5.

I've heard it too and it got some great songs! It's rocking and has a really cool groovy sound. I'd say it's one of the best rock albums this year and probably the best their best work yet.

AUDIOSLAVE's new single, "Original Fire", is available for streaming at SonyMusic.com:

Real Media

Quicktime

Windows Media High

Windows Media Low

AUDIOSLAVE filmed the video for "Original Fire", with director Paul Brown (MÖTLEY CRÜE, OTEP, STONE

SOUR) on June 29 at the Sunset Gower Studios in Los Angeles. Check out pictures from Wire Image.

"Original Fire" is the first single off AUDIOSLAVE's third album, "Revelations", due on September 5 via Epic

Records.

In a recent interview with RollingStone.com, guitarist Tom Morello described the record as "LED ZEPPELIN

meets EARTH, WIND AND FIRE," adding that it's a big hard rock record with a funky bottom." Among the

album's many highlights is "Wide Awake", about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. "It's probably

AUDIOSLAVE's most political song to date," says Morello.

The Grammy-nominated quartet (vocalist Chris Cornell, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk)

recorded "Revelations" at Henson Studios in Los Angeles with acclaimed producer Brendan O'Brien. O'Brien,

whose myriad credits include PEARL JAM and BRUCE SPINGSTEEN, mixed AUDIOSLAVE's "Out of Exile"

record and the "Live in Cuba" CD and DVD. His history with the band goes back even farther, as he

produced RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE albums "Evil Empire" (1996), "The Battle of Los Angeles" (1999)

and "Renegades" (2000) and mixed SOUNDGARDEN's "Superunknown" (1994).

"Revelations" follows 2005's "Out of Exile", which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Top 200 and featured the

Grammy-nominated single "Doesn't Remind Me".

"Revelations" track listing:

01. Revelations

02. One And The Same

03. Sound of a Gun

04. Until We Fall

05. Original Fire

06. Broken City

07. Somedays

08. Shape of Things To Come

09. Jewel of the Summertime

10. Wide Awake

11. Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye

12. Moth

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=54931

The thing about Audioslave is I quite like their songs, but it seems Morello tries too hard to make his guitar sound weird. I find the solo in Original Fire very annoying.

I hate that guitar solo

But I heard another one of their new songs and it was OK, I think Ill go get the new album tomarrow.

What a disappointment. It's better than Out of Exile, but only just. It's a large step down from the first album. To be frank I think Cornell and RATM have always both suffered from the fact that, after a while, "it all sounds the same." Rage's first album was amazing but after track seven or eight you can hear it all sort of blending together, and their subsequent releases - although still kick-ass - suffered from the fact that the "sound" was very repetitive. Cornell, ditto. It's his vocals - they're so distinct that he can sing a totally different style song but it will sound the same as his other work JUST because of his voice itself.

Mixing these two together creates yet another case of something that is first fresh and different (i.e. their first album) and soon just "sounds the same."

None of the songs on Revelations stood out to me. I've heard it three times now and can't remember a single tune off hand.

I agree that their sound is a bit indistinct and that they seem to have lost the inventiveness that they may have once had, but it is still their best album. I don't mean that it's great-it's just o.k. In a way that the worst fate this band could suffer-to go from 2 of the most highly influential bands of the 90's to a merely average ,middle-of-the-road act.

How can you think "Broken City" sounds like anything they've done before? Its got a funky, almost Aerosmith vibe. They haven't done anything remotely like that. And Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye is great, along with Moth and Wide Awake. I may be a little biased considering Audioslave is my second favorite band. But I think this is their best album.

The thing about Audioslave is I quite like their songs, but it seems Morello tries too hard to make his guitar sound weird. I find the solo in Original Fire very annoying.

That's how I've always felt about Morello - even when he was with RATM. Great riffs, crap solos.

Anyway, I've only heard Original Fire from the new album. Sounds ok.

Not a huge fan of the first two albums.