15 million copies of Appetite For Destruction

metalguy

Makes sense, its a great album by a great band.

Unfortunately, that reason doesn't explain why the Backstreet Boys have sold only one million less than Appetite with their self-titled album on that chart.

Yeah, that doesnt make sense. I guess the Backstreet Boys have just apeeled to a bigger crowd, its kids music that teenage girls also listened to, whatever.

Its still safe to say GNR were great rock1

wow did it just get certified?

that's a lotta copies

If by 'just certified' you mean 1998. Here are more acurate statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_n_roses

so its 18 times platinum now?

Uh dude...did you even read this statement?:

"RIAA certifications are based on storewide shipments only. Some albums have yet to be re-certified again, thus making their current certification outdated."

The 15x platinum Appetite For Destruction certification is outdated. It hasn't been certified 18x platinum yet, but it needs to.

Makes sense, its a great album by a great band.

Unfortunately, that reason doesn't explain why the Backstreet Boys have sold only one million less than Appetite with their self-titled album on that chart.

Explain this. How Garth Brooks has four albums with over ten million copies sold. Thats fucking nuts!

I guess there's a lot of country fans.

Rock On

Tbizzle

Hey now. Garth Brooks is one of the few Country acts I genuinely enjoy.

Edited by Mav23

I read somewhere that AFD is still selling 250,000 copies a year. It might have been on the Wiki page.

Rock ON

Tbizzle

Yeah, I think it was actually Adler who said that in an interview..

I research and the total sale for AFD is 25 000 000 copies.. here

And on 96th place you find UYI II!! with 15 million copys

This is interesting. On wikipedia. "Both Use Your Illusion albums are certified by the RIAA as 7x platinum, with SoundScan sales of 5,355,985 and 5,435,447. This is because they were released, sold, and charted in 1991, 1992 and 1993. At that time, SoundScan only tracked 40-50% of actual sales. Therefore, both Use Your Illusion albums have sold near or over that 7 million shipment figure."

Edited by shootingstar