AXL RANTS: What REALLY happened at Donnington!

highvoltage

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as a lot of you know, a recording from Axl's monitor mix from the Donnington show was released yesterday. For those that don't remember, his microphone stopped working during You Could Be Mine, and he walked off the stage halfway through the song, leaving the other guys to finish the track without him (bumblefoot had a go at vocals for a few lines).

Anyway, the monitor mix reveals what the audience couldn't hear - Axl walking off backstage and ranting at the crew for their screwup. Take a listen, and you'll understand why he walked off... pretty funny stuff, and it shows that the "old" Axl never really left! :lol:

Axl Ranting at Sound Crew after YCBM!

Link #2 on YSI - Thanks to Jack99

EDIT:

Also added the part where Ron sings a few lines: Bumblefoot singing - he sounds pretty good...

Bumble Singing - Yousendit, thanks jack99

Thank You so much!!! I was there and fully intend to listen to the whole lot, but i'm grateful for you highlighting those parts! rock3

Ron sounds great doesn't he?!

I wonder if the dude who recorded this is the same one who recorded some footage from the sound booth, unless monitor mixes are done else where of course, i don't know much about the technology they use?

LIZ :xmasssanta:

Backing information on this bootleg.

It was purchased about a month ago, from a Japanese Bootleg website. This CD set, was $80.00 american. Timebomb, the purchaser, recieved it and then sent me Used To Love Her. Then, sent efish IRS and Rocket Queen. We had a trade going on, my master of a 1992 show for this. Crazyman also traded for this, and then traded it off to RainX from thenewguns.com. Everyone else out there is getting an incomplete bootleg. The complete has some demos on it, the one's we've already got, but they're lossless silver CD sourced. Not mp3 like what's circulating now.

GUNS N' ROSES / THE DONINGTON MICPAD MASSACRE = Live at Download Festival, Donington Park, England June 11, 2006 C060714 BONDAGE

DISC 1: 1.INTRODUCTION 2.WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE 3.IT'S SO EASY 4.MR.BROWNSTONE 5.LIVE AND LET DIE 6.KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR 7.ROBIN SOLO #1(FINLANDIA) 8.SWEET CHILD O'MINE 9.RON GUITAR SOLO (DON'T CRY) 10.YOU COULD BE MINE 11.ROBIN & RICHARD GUITAR SOLO (BEAUTIFUL) 12.BETTER

DISC 2: 1.OUT TA GET ME 2.JAM - DIZZY PIANO SOLO (ZIGGY STARDUST) 3.THE BLUES 4.THINK ABOUT YOU (w/IZZY STRADLIN) 5.JAM - AXEL PIANO SOLO 6.NOVEMBER RAIN 7.MY MICHELLE (W/SEBASTIAN BACH) 8.PATIENCE (w/IZZY STRADLIN) 9.NIGHTRAIN (w/IZZY STRADLIN) 10.MADAGASCAR 11.ROCKET QUEEN

DISC 3: 1.I.R.S. 2.CHINESE DEMOCRACY 3.USED TO LOVE HER (w/IZZY STRADLIN) 4.ROBIN GUITAR SOLO #2 5.PARADISE CITY (w/IZZY STRADLIN) 6.I.R.S. 7.BETTER 8.THERE WAS A TIME 9.CATCHER IN THE RYE 10.I.R.S. (early version) 11.THERE WAS A TIME (early version) Chinese Democracy Demo Sessions

The bootleg out there is incomplete. The above is the full version.

:rofl-lol: Someone tell me what a mic-pack is?

when a musician is on stage they use sound monitors, which are basicaly big speakers that let them hear what they're doing. since axl moves around alot he has to use an earpice to hear his own vocals, to receive the sound for this he has a small wireless receiver in his back pocket, this is the mic-pack. if it's not working axl doesnt hear himself and it fucks up his show.

^ You already mentioned this...

I know, but I wanted to post the complete bootleg information. ;)

Ok.

So, regarding the demos, I guess they are in better quality than the ones everybody has? Is there still the glitch in CITR? Or are they the same, only on silver CDs or whatever? :question: (I don't have any clue about this, explain that to me please).

Ok.

So, regarding the demos, I guess they are in better quality than the ones everybody has? Is there still the glitch in CITR? Or are they the same, only on silver CDs or whatever? :question: (I don't have any clue about this, explain that to me please).

As far as I know, they're better quality because they are not compressed into mp3.

I haven't recieved the demos yet, timebomb's still got part of a trade with me, but I think the skip in CITR will still be there, because it's a skip in the disc itself, not the track.

:rofl-lol: Someone tell me what a mic-pack is?

when a musician is on stage they use sound monitors, which are basicaly big speakers that let them hear what they're doing. since axl moves around alot he has to use an earpice to hear his own vocals, to receive the sound for this he has a small wireless receiver in his back pocket, this is the mic-pack. if it's not working axl doesnt hear himself and it fucks up his show.

Cool thanks

Ok.

As far as I know, they're better quality because they are not compressed into mp3.

I haven't recieved the demos yet, timebomb's still got part of a trade with me, but I think the skip in CITR will still be there, because it's a skip in the disc itself, not the track.

Ah ok, so it's due to the fact that the's song are mp3s, alright, got that now, thanks for that. I thought these versions of the demo are versions nobody ever has heard before, in flawless quality you know?

Anyway, thanks for explaining this.

Ok.

Ah ok, so it's due to the fact that the's song are mp3s, alright, got that now, thanks for that. I thought these versions of the demo are versions nobody ever has heard before, in flawless quality you know?

Anyway, thanks for explaining this.

Welcome man. I'll let you know if they sound the same once I get 'em from timebomb.

fucking AMAZING. im so impressed with how articulate he sounded whilst ranting! not a moment of hesitation to stop and think what he's gonna say! plus ron does sound fucking awesome singing that!

I was thinking the exact same thing. He is obviously all worked up but he speaks his mind perfectly. I love Axl! Lol. :lol:

P.S. Ron sounded amazing!

Edited by PrettyTiedUp763