i'm pretty good now

here's what i sound like nowadays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYLgZHkGPxg

i've pretty much mastered the basics- simple scales, finger picking, speed, harmonics, sweeping, simple tapping, simple legatos.

i'm pretty good at everything (guitarwise) that i know how to do. i practice for hours every day, and it's paid off.

what's the next step, though? because right now i'm not getting much out of practice.

i don't know the modes or the monster rusty cooley style scales, i can't do more than one finger tapping (well, with my right hand), i'm not good enough to learn BH or BFF shit, i'm pretty much in a slump. i was thinking maybe learn some van halen solos and start heading back to guitarshredshow.com (that site rules).

any advice?

thanks guys, i think i will give jazz a try, i'm not a big yngwie fan, but i think learning some of his shit would help me a lot, too.

to answer your questions. i've been playing for 14 years, but i've really stepped up my practicing over the last 2. and i'm not really in a band, i am looking, though. i have an audition today, but this guy sounds like a jackass over the phone <_< . i might just buy one of those bandmix accounts.

ok i'll give that a try. the audition sucked, they were worthless.

You'll get used to it, a lot of "bands" that one goes to jam with are either:

A: not that serious about music

B: more into being in a band for the sake of saying they're in a band

C: even if they're serious about it, they just aren't any good.

How can I learn to play like YOU? :o

heh, just play the shit out of the minor scale and don't neglect your pinky finger.

Indeed :(

Too many guitarists don't use their pinky finger anymore, opens up a world to so many more riffs and lead lines. Just ask Blackmore

umm... what's a pinky finger? :S

How can I learn to play like YOU? :o

heh, just play the shit out of the minor scale and don't neglect your pinky finger.

Indeed :(

Too many guitarists don't use their pinky finger anymore, opens up a world to so many more riffs and lead lines. Just ask Blackmore

umm... what's a pinky finger? :S

Your penis.

You're not a real man till you've played Smoke on the Water with your penis.

(pinky finger is little finger)

Edited by Registration Form