My Chemical Romance playing VMA's

bax

i think some of you youngins don't like MCR because of the goofy fans they have that y'all have to go to school with. i think if you just closed your eyes and listened to the music you wouldn't hate it so much. there aren't many bands out today that i think are any good, but i thought "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" was a great album. i dig their songwriting style.

"Three Cheers" is cool... An album with the concept of Revenge. I like the way Gerard wants a theatrical side to the band... The videos from that album were also really good, Probably the best videos of a modern band.

The new album seems to have a cool concept too "The Black Parade". I'm looking forward to that.. But I like the first album best.... it's dark, it's raw and it's poppy and it's punky. You can't catorgrise the band with that album.. too many different styles.

Very far ahead of any other band which the emo kids listen to.

I went to visit my parents last night, and I knew my little sister was into MCR, so I listened to Three Cheers in full for the first time. I will publically and humbly admit that I liked it, a lot actually. They are not at all emo-more of a fusion of punk and metal with a little glam thrown in. The songs are solid and the lead guitarist is great-he can actually play, unlike emo hacks. I was prejudging them based on the fact that the emo kids are all into them. I have to learn to have a more open mind when it comes to mainstream music-it doesn't all suck.

Then I tried to listen to Fallout Boy, and they still suck though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Bax!

I'm going to buy it today. Is there first album as good? I might get them both. There are a couple new songs on limewire btw-"Welcome to the Black Parade" and "Cancer", but they're live and the quality isn't great.

Yeah, they played there last year. Pissed me off when P Diddy said "Now you all know me, I like Rock N' Roll, and we got a true Rock N' Roll band here tonight, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!" or something like that <_<

We all know P Diddy knows his rock bands.

Didn't Fortus work with Diddy?

no, that was Tommy I believe

So did Jimmy Page on a remake of Kashmir.........

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Yeah, they played there last year. Pissed me off when P Diddy said "Now you all know me, I like Rock N' Roll, and we got a true Rock N' Roll band here tonight, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!" or something like that <_<

JIMMY PAGE IS IN GNR?!?!

JIMMY PAGE IS IN GNR?!?!

That I would like to hear-Jimmy and Axl. Tom Morello played on that track too and it's blasphemous

Edited by bax

CATCH MCR ON THE PRE-SHOW AT THE VMAS

My Chemical Romance will be unveiling their new single "Welcome To The Black Parade" in a live performance on the pre-show ceremony for the MTV VMAs this Thursday night. The pre-show starts at 6:30p.m. ET/PT, so don't miss it.

The Black Parade...the new album from My Chemical Romance - coming October 24th.

So the are playing but at the pre-show so dont count GNR out.

BY the way i really like My Chemical Romance. They are a lot better than those other emo kid bands plus theyve got killere solos on Three Cheers.

I'm not a fan of emo, but it seems to have taken over MTV. In my mind this makes it much less likely that GN'R will play, because I doubt they will have 2 bands debuting new singles on the same show. Hopefully my instincts are wrong in this case.

Oh......GOD!! :shocked:

Now that theyr taking over MTV, soon theyl try taking over the world! :confused:

Not even emo takes over MTV.... Reality TV owns MTV :P

Very true.

BTW, their are 4 live tracks from the Black Parade on Limewire:Cancer,I Don't Love you,House of Wolves, and Welcome to the Black Parade. The sound is iffy on a couple, but you can get a general idea of what it's going to sound like.

I bought Three Cheers and Bullets today and they're really good. This was primarily due to your high praise of the band, so I just wanted to say thanks.

I remember last year...I was hoping throughout the whole show that GnR would suprise us and perform, and I remember Diddy was sayin' something like " I love rock n' roll, and this next band is here to make a very special performance......" or something. And I was like NO WAY :o !! and then he was like " MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!" and I walked out of the room :anger: .

Why are they performing AGAIN this year?

Who'd wanna see GN'R on the VMAs? I'd rather see MCR to be quite honest. Not saying that I dislike Guns, but I have definitely lost some taste for them. And no, my tounges doing fine, thank you.

.. :confused: ...

I remember last year...I was hoping throughout the whole show that GnR would suprise us and perform, and I remember Diddy was sayin' something like " I love rock n' roll, and this next band is here to make a very special performance......" or something. And I was like NO WAY :o !! and then he was like " MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!" and I walked out of the room :anger: .

SAME HERE

But what pissed me off was how he called them a "true rock n roll band" :rolleyes:

Old MCR video... just incase you didn't check out the frst album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMoODN30xZA...ted&search=

Thanks man. Personally, I've done a 180 on these guys. After seeing there performance on the VMA pre-show, I am even more certain that they are the real thing. Their music has the passion of punk and the grandeur of Queen at the same time. The Black Parade alter-ego concept album thing scares me a bit-they are really putting themselves out there. But the few songs I've seen on You Tube coupled with the pre-show performance leads me to believe that they will deliver.

So you think they are worse than Falloutboy? :rofl-lol:

Neither of those bands are emo.

They both suck tho. IMO

Yet you enjoy the unmatched wit of Larry the Cable Guy.

hes funny what can i say :P .i just dont enjoy that particular style of music is all. :unsure:

So you think they are worse than Falloutboy? :rofl-lol:

Neither of those bands are emo.

They both suck tho. IMO

Yet you enjoy the unmatched wit of Larry the Cable Guy.

hes funny what can i say :P .i just dont enjoy that particular style of music is all. :unsure:

i'm from a small town in Georgia, and he's just a bit of a reminder of the stereotype people worldwide seem to have of southerners. Just a bit of a sore spot with those of us that don't fall in the category of uneducated, racist hicks. It's cool if you like him, I just can't be objective about that kind of thing.