Who Is The Best Songwriter?

Marky

Songwriter's  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy is one of the best songwriters of our generation and the way he is underrated is incredible. His solo stuff is proof of his geniality.

And John Lennon is Jesus man, if one day this planet is so polluted that we have to colonize the mars a copy of Abbey Road will lie next to Beethoven's 9th in the space ship ffs.

I love Izzy, but for him to be leading is ridiculous.

No, it isn't. :huh:

You are blinded by love! :lol:

That's right. Should we not? If we love him so much, it's because we think he is great. We can connect with his music.

Remember, it's impossible to be unbiased when it comes to music.

You are correct. The question should have been"Who is your favorite songwriter?"

I love Izzy, but for him to be leading is ridiculous.

No, it isn't. :huh:

You are blinded by love! :lol:

Not necessarily. I like him the most out of everyone on that list. I don't really like anyone else from that list. If Izzy wasn't on the list, I would have voted for either Richard or Jagger.

Did Izzy ever write an 'I wanna be your dog' or 'Heroin'?

No, he did not, but Iggy Pop & Lou Reed aren't on the list.

Izzy leading this poll is a joke, he was talented but compared to greats like Lennon, McCartney, Dylan and Mercury he was average. It just goes to show that young kids on this forum have little time for legends.

:laugh:

Has it ever occured to you that some people don't like their music?!?! I think the Beatles are a crock of shit, I don't see whats so great about Queen's music or Bob Dylan's music. I don't hate them, though.

The list is a crock of shit aswell.

Has it ever occured to you that some people don't like their music?!?! I think the Beatles are a crock of shit, I don't see whats so great about Queen's music or Bob Dylan's music. I don't hate them, though.

you can dislike their music but if you deny their achievments you're plain ignorant.

you can dislike their music but if you deny their achievments you're plain ignorant.

You couldn't be more right. I may not be a fan of a band, but I can listen to them and appreciate what they did although it may not be my particular taste.

I'm not denying their achivements. I just think their music is crap.

I respect Dylan, Mercury, Iggy etc, but I clearly stated that these were the songwriters that I like, I don't complain when theres a best drummer poll and theres someone left out etc.

The poll question is who is the best, not who do you like best. Personally, I don't think there's any way to objectively resolve who is best, but we can determine who is most liked.

That's the same. I'm not talking about counting how many records someone has sold these are facts. I'm talking about musical appreciation. Abbey Road is a masterpiece you can't just say it's crap. you may not like it, that's ok, but you can't say "Abbey Road is crap" because than you deny their musical achievment.

That's the same. I'm not talking about counting how many records someone has sold these are facts. I'm talking about musical appreciation. Abbey Road is a masterpiece you can't just say it's crap. you may not like it, that's ok, but you can't say "Abbey Road is crap" because than you deny their musical achievment.

Yes, I can. :huh:

I see you're a Stooges fan. Personally, I don't like them, but I realize the influence they had on rock and therefore I would never say their albums are crap.

The fact of the matter is that The Beatles piss all over Guns N' Roses when it comes to talent.