VMA's

speedking

I'm not sure getting the band up there is such a good idea just yet. Let Axl rebuild his image with the public a little before he hits them with Bumblefoot. The public is still probably a little confused by the whole Buckethead / Larger Axl thing.

Sending Axl out alone will remind people of the old days. He looks more like the real Axl than he did in 2K2.

To be clear, I like Bumble. It can just be a shock to people who don't follow the band. They think, GnR? Oh yea, Axl and Slash. Then they see Bucket, and they're confused. Next, they'll hear the crazy bucket dude's out of the band, get some hope for Slash, and then get hit with a dude named Bumblefoot.

I think that's why Merck's been slow to get the band out there in the public eye. They probably just want to work on rebuilding Axl's image.

you have a couple of good points. i can see why the public would be confused, but i dont think it would be much of a issue if they all went up there and played better. sure,people wouldnt know it when it was being played, but after the song ended, they would fucking know it then. frankly, right now, very few people know about what is going on, so if axl were to go out there and announce a single, or do a interview, hell, i'll go as far as to announce a release date, the world would be in his hands. then, ticket sales would go up and CD would have a lot more going for it, and right now, Axl needs as much hype as he can get for the Tour/CD release, and he doesnt have that much going for him right now. sure, he has the recent tour and a couple of radio interviews, but that wont amount to shit for non-fans or even casual fans. axl needs to get out there and shove this down everyone's throats.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh guys, I thought he was just presenting tomorrow..

Nope, now Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Gilby, Dizzy, Steven, Matt, Buckethead, Robin, Ron, Brain, Chris, Richard, and Tommy. (hope i didn't forget anyone) will be performing all of Chinese Democracy Live, for the whole VMAs show.

Now, there's also a rumour that Scott Weiland, Sabastion Bach, Tracii Guns, Josh Freese, Teddy Zig-Zag-Big-Bag Andreadis, Brain May, Shannon Hoon (RIP), Brian May, Kid Rock, and even Paul Tobias may show up to perform with them.

edit: I also forgot to add that Axl will annouce the release date for Chinese Democracy, do a 15-hour (live) interview with Kurt Loder, and bomber planes will drop copies of Chinese Democracy all over the world (killing thousands).

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!! My Aunt Janice is married to Axl's cousin, Samuel, and she said she talked to Axl last night while they were playing hockey in Norway. On top of this mega-concert at the VMAs, Axl said he's personally calling everyone in America and Europe (and some parts of Asia) to personally tell every single person when Chinese Democracy will be released, just so there isn't any more confusion. After that, she said, Axl is going to scale down the concerts to just play birthday and graduation parties.

Also, shortly after Chinese Democracy drops, Slash will quit the band again and Duff will cry.

What are you on ......... and can I have some?

If Axl just goes out there and the album is MENTIONED...I mean even Jack Black introducing Axl by saying "Please welcome GNR frontman Axl Rose, blah blah blah, and is working on a new album called Chinese Democracy (due this fall-optional)" would be a nice publicity jolt

Presentation.

Nothing else was promised..

"Do or die"? give me a fucking break - we've been saying that for the last 24 months!! :laugh:

UK SUBS.

I got news for you. Axl and GNR in general are losing popularity at an alarming rate in the US.

If Axl wants to further the current incarnation of GNR (along with Chinese Democracy) then he better shit or get off the fucking pot.

This is an excellent opportunity to reach a WORLDWIDE audience...whether he's presenting or not. To not do something tonight would be foolish.

I just moved into a new house and won't have cable until Saturday. Arrggghhh.

I've been waiting for this nite since I head Axl would be making an appearance. It's gonna kill me to wait 3 days to see it.

I'm leeching off of someones wireless internet connection with my laptop to post this lol.

I just moved into a new house and won't have cable until Saturday. Arrggghhh.

I've been waiting for this nite since I head Axl would be making an appearance. It's gonna kill me to wait 3 days to see it.

I'm leeching off of someones wireless internet connection with my laptop to post this lol.

Don't worry, anything that happens concerning Axl will be posted and discussed like crazy tonight and tomorrow.