WMP naming AC/DC's songs to AC; DC..

Wando

I know someone asked this before but I tried to find the thread but I couldn't..

I have never before had this problem before but I recently decided that I "can" (you know what I mean) download the albums I've got only on vinyl instead of buying a cable and doing all the work.. So I downloaded High Voltage & Let There Be Rock and the nametags keep changing from "AC/DC" to "AC; DC" after I've played the song..

Is there anyway fixing this?

Thanks for your help (:

Yeah, click the Library tab in WMP, and on the left side it lists the album artists. Click on AC/DC to expand their entry, and it should list their albums click on the album you want to edit. It should now list all the tracks in the main window. Highlight all the tracks, and then right-click and select "Advanced Tag Editor." Click on the Artist Info tab and change the artist and album artist to AC/DC. Your songs should now show the correct information.

Yeah, click the Library tab in WMP, and on the left side it lists the album artists. Click on AC/DC to expand their entry, and it should list their albums click on the album you want to edit. It should now list all the tracks in the main window. Highlight all the tracks, and then right-click and select "Advanced Tag Editor." Click on the Artist Info tab and change the artist and album artist to AC/DC. Your songs should now show the correct information.

That didn't work :| It changes them temporaily but when I click "All Music" they change back to AC; DC; DC; or AC; DC :blink:

That didn't work :| It changes them temporaily but when I click "All Music" they change back to AC; DC; DC; or AC; DC :blink:

The old thread was mine, but I think we lost it in the hack...

...Yeah, I tried what Santana said to do last time, and it didn't work for me either. They haven't fixed the problem in the new media player either... it really bugs me. <_<

I use musicmatch and it don't have this problem... if it bugs you that much maybe you should download it?

Well... I've been a long time user of Windows Media player, but the Beta version of 11 is really starting to bug me. I'm considering changing, so i'll look into musicmatch.

Me too.

It will register some songs off an album correctly, but put the others in a greatest hits or something. When I installed 40 Licks, it split them all up into their original albums.

Edit: Ooh, I just rolled it back to WMP10 and it's good again.

Edited by Mr_Oujamaflip

I know someone asked this before but I tried to find the thread but I couldn't..

I have never before had this problem before but I recently decided that I "can" (you know what I mean) download the albums I've got only on vinyl instead of buying a cable and doing all the work.. So I downloaded High Voltage & Let There Be Rock and the nametags keep changing from "AC/DC" to "AC; DC" after I've played the song..

Is there anyway fixing this?

Thanks for your help (:

used to happen to me a lot but now i just use sonicstage