World Tour?

HisRoyalFatness

Do you think Axl is having trouble getting insurance for thisnew tour? that could be why, though the tour has been announced, very few dates have been booked. could be why he keeps doing these "warm up" shows - because he needs to prove to possible investors/ insurance companies that he's not going to bail halfway though like 2K2.

if that's the case, i wonder how many shows will have to go off without a hitch before we can get the real tour going.

just an idea.

Do you think Axl is having trouble getting insurance for thisnew tour? that could be why, though the tour has been announced, very few dates have been booked. could be why he keeps doing these "warm up" shows - because he needs to prove to possible investors/ insurance companies that he's not going to bail halfway though like 2K2.

if that's the case, i wonder how many shows will have to go off without a hitch before we can get the real tour going.

just an idea.

This is a well thought out theory.

Every major promoter wouldn't be completing his due diligence if they didn't try to get full coverage for such a tour. I think this is a major possibility.

JE

they had a real, big and succsessfull tour in Europe if you dident notice...

never mind then. thanks for setting me straight. i'm sure there's absolutely no reason at all why this huge us tour has no scheduled dates. like most tours, i'm sure they'll wait until the day before the concert to announce where they're playing. and i'm sure we'll read about it on their website.

I dident talk about the US tour.

Just couldent figure why you called the tour a "warm upp-toue?"

Or did I missunderstand you?

This is supposed to be the start of the Chinese Democracy tour so the European dates don't really count towards this one, in fact I would say that Guns N Roses will be back in Europe and the UK next year some time as part of this tour. The summer concerts here were more a "we're back" thing, not that they weren't brilliant of course!

Jo

just an idea.

Yes, I think Axl will have some trouble in North America. He couldn't get to Vancouver in time in 2002(even though the rest of the band was there) so it was cancelled and some altercations with police followed. Axl threatened to sue, but apparently that did not happen. Then he bails out of the Philly show, which was sold out. The successful European tour has nothing to do with North America. This is where the no-shows/riots have happened. Good luck Axl, I hope it works out OK, but time will tell.