What about past live material?

Son Of A Gun

I really have no complaints about the soundboard quality shows that are out there from the Illusion tour. Sure, both Rio shows are sloppy, his voice is rough during the Tokyo shows, and the Chile show lacks great effort and enthusiasm from Axl, but there are many really good ones. The St. Louis show was phenomenal before the riot, the Indiana show was solid (although Axl's voice declines considerably), the Oklahama and Chicago shows (especially the latter) are ace, the Paris show is outstanding, and I love the 1992 Argentina show. The last show is cool because it's the last show. Overall, I think we have plenty of soundboard/pro-shot stuff from that tour to give people a real feel for how great the tour was.

I really have no complaints about the soundboard quality shows that are out there from the Illusion tour. Sure, both Rio shows are sloppy, his voice is rough during the Tokyo shows, and the Chile show lacks great effort and enthusiasm from Axl, but there are many really good ones. The St. Louis show was phenomenal before the riot, the Indiana show was solid (although Axl's voice declines considerably), the Oklahama and Chicago shows (especially the latter) are ace, the Paris show is outstanding, and I love the 1992 Argentina show. The last show is cool because it's the last show. Overall, I think we have plenty of soundboard/pro-shot stuff from that tour to give people a real feel for how great the tour was.

I agree.

My only qualm is that there the only Skin N' Bones soundboard is 07.16.93 which has a fucked up WTTJ and missing the beginning of 'Don't Cry'.

1. you want shows from when his voice was at the worst (minus 2002)? :question:

(Best to worst) 2006 & 1985-87, 88-90, 91-93, 2002. Although i rather 2002 to 91-93.

2. hes not focused on the past, hes working for the future.

3. theirs tons of bootlegs with good sound quality from that era.

if hes gonna release a true live album i only want 2006 rock3

I agree that Axl should release some of these shows. It would be great for the fans. A nice box set would be very cool. But it's not going to happen anytime soon. It earliest it could happen is when the current band either splits up or goes away for a long time.

The best we can hope for right now is a lot of live material from 2006/07. I am down for that.

Wonder if anything will come of the taping they did at Hammerstein.

Knowing Axl, I doubt it.

Shh, you don't know Axl.

Please tell me you are kidding. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are.

And not one of those people who thinks because I never ate dinner with the man I can't look at his over 20 year history and make a judgement call.

Right?

Im really not kidding. I think it's pretty obvious he's changed his lifestyle dramatically. The fact that he behavied well for the whole tour proves that. You may know about Axl's past, but none of us can tell what he has planned. No matter how much shit you read on the internet.

I love this idea, always thought it would be cool. If Axl had no plans for this new band, then I think now would be a good time to release a box set of unreleased songs, bootlegs, and demos. BUT, imagine years later, after the new band has success. Now, he can release a huge box set, from the beginning to the present. It would celebrate all members of gnr, so people old and new could remember and or gain a new appreciation for the old and the new band. It would be packaged in a huge gun case:-)

I love this idea, always thought it would be cool. If Axl had no plans for this new band, then I think now would be a good time to release a box set of unreleased songs, bootlegs, and demos. BUT, imagine years later, after the new band has success. Now, he can release a huge box set, from the beginning to the present. It would celebrate all members of gnr, so people old and new could remember and or gain a new appreciation for the old and the new band. It would be packaged in a huge gun case:-)

I bet you when this new band succeeds Axl will release a heap of sounboards with the best of hte band through all eras...he better. rock1

I think it would be great to hear some soundboards from the current tour, and previous. Something from Toronto or Albany 2002, would be killer.

Anything from the old lineup, now is useless really. And what the fuck is wrong with the Paris 1992 show? That was a great show.