How much do you like or dislike rap?

lagofala

personally i feel that some of the lyrics are good like some of tupac's stuff

but sometimes the beat thing gets too repetative and appears in almost every song

and senseless songs like candy shop really suck.

so far i only own tupac's Better dayz

the rest i listen on radio

Guest cherry_bomb

old skool is the way to go.

dre, snoop, tu pac, NW FUCKING A!

rap nowadays is DISGUSTING. utter shit, the worst form of music. fucking awful, 50 cent is the worst of all that shit.

if you want some good hip hop, listen to jurassic 5 - hip hop brilliance.

I have great respect for the real shit...the legit stuff from the street...as far back as Grandmaster Flash.

But this fucking junk today is lame and rehashed over and over again.

The videos are embarassing to their own movement.

But a fan?...no,I wouldn't buy or own any of it.

My roommate likes rap and he was wathcing BET the other day, watching the rap videos. I started laughing because I was SURE that the video that was on was a parody of a rap video. But it wasn't. And the next video was worse. and the next was just as bad, etc. So rap has become a parody of itself.

I admit to liking an odd Run DMC song. That's as far as it goes. I can see how freestyling with friends can be fun... seeing who is the sharpest thinker, most creative direction, etc. But pretty much, why anybody would want to listen to the recorded rap is beyond me. It's really not even music, especially these days.

The beats... "it's about the beats man." Fuck the beats! Those beats are lame! and they're the same thing over and over! And if I hear another fucktard driving down the street with those damn bass speakers way up....

If I were a 7 foot black guy from Brooklyn, I could've been a mega rap-star aswell; all you've got to do is rap about bitches, crack in da hood, weed and bling, with hot chicks mud-wrestling in the background of the music-video.

The diffrence from todays rap-scene and the old skool-stuff is that artists like Public Enemy didn't rap about shit like above.

i like UK garage like the streets....dizzee rascal....wiley...kano....mitchel bros as they do funny stuff, with sick beats and often have something to say

don't really like american RnB rap

Edited by katie