How much do you like or dislike rap?

lagofala

Guest cherry_bomb
i like UK garage like the streets....dizzee rascal....wiley...kano....mitchel bros as they do funny stuff, with sick beats and often have something to say

don't really like american RnB rap

how about lethal bizzle? :krider: i was at the barfly in camden begining of this year and they came onstage and peformed for about an hour, it was utter madness! but i loved it

early jay z is good.

and as i said, listen to JURASSIC 5.

If I were a 7 foot black guy from Brooklyn, I could've been a mega rap-star aswell; all you've got to do is rap about bitches, crack in da hood, weed and bling, with hot chicks mud-wrestling in the background of the music-video.

I concur -_-

and rap is just.. well i dont know.. i just cant see how ANYONE can like it :(

When I first got into music I bought some rap albums. Like Black Sunday and Disposable Hereos of Hiposcracy, Pharcyde, PE...and I was inpressed. And Straight Outta Compton. Then it got stupid with Tupac Biggie thing and now is ridiculous. Puff Daddy turned hip hop into a repulican convention for gun toting idiots. There probably is good Rap out there but I cant be assed to look. And Snoop is still funny. But in all seriousness I'm a skinny white boy, classic rock is fine with me. For me Prince is about as hip hop as I get.

I own a few rap albums and have been to quite a few rap gigs. The commercial rap today is rubbish but there are some classic albums from the 90's.

Bone, Thugs n' Harmony - E.1999 Eternal

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

Dr. Dre- Chronic and 2001

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday

Smif n' Wessun- Dah Shinin'

Undoubtedly the GREATEST rap album of all time is:

Nas - Illmatic

If you don't own this album, buy it right away!

Edited by Griff

some people make some pretty dumb comments about rap music. one person said they hate the rap culture. so im only assuming you hate people of poverty? most rappers come from poverty and stereotypes, only to 'move on up' to better themselves. mainstream rap is mostly rubbish, but you do filter some good every once in a while. this one dude, Lupe Fiasco, is great. awesome rapper. the occasional totally mainstream ridiculous song gets stuck in my head, like rick ross - everyday im hustlin' :lol: lil wayne is also good. but thats about it from mainstream artists. people talk shit about rap because they just sample beats and shit. listen to the roots. they play their own instrument, except for the main rapper i think. the bassist is pretty sweet too. plays a couple of nice lines every couple of songs. to the guy who said nas' illmatic is the best (or one of the best) rap cds, mad props to you ;) talib kweli and mos def (solo and the cd they made together) is a good listen. check them out.

as far as ignorance goes, i dont have much else to say other than to dig beneath the surface and look for some good stuff.

Edited by swlabr