waiting in line for the tickets

aries41690

my exprience while waiting in line.not one fan not one...i was hoping to meet some cool ppl but got this instead.

idiot 1-"so is it the origanal memmbers?"

idiot2-"no i think its just axl.im not shore."

idiot2-"is bucket head still in the band?"

idiot1-"no i think hes in velvet revolver now."

idiot3-"im going cause i went to high school with axl rose."

idiot1"im just going for the beer."

:anger:

:confused:

The people waiting in line at the Hammerstein show for the 12th were totally cool B) they'd heard the leaks, knew the current band members, they rocked! rock3 ....Sorry to hear what you went through :lol: but it'll be worth the while :krider:

Kannon.

They thought bucket was in VR? :lol:

But you cant expect everybody to know whats going on with this kind of promotion.

:lol: How can they call themselves fans when they know nothing??? But to be fair, unless you are a member of a forum or you read stuff online, there really is little if NO promotion. The only thing people have to hold on to was the VMA performance in 2002.

They thought bucket was in VR? :lol:

But you cant expect everybody to know whats going on with this kind of promotion.

:lol: How can they call themselves fans when they know nothing??? But to be fair, unless you are a member of a forum or you read stuff online, there really is little if NO promotion. The only thing people have to hold on to was the VMA performance in 2002.

Exactly, but another thing is that you would kind of expect the only people to know about the shows to be people from fan forums, so I guess they are advertiseing localy on short notice or something, why the hell else would people like this show up?

Still funny and stupid, but in a way it makes perfect sense why so many are uninformed.

idiot 1 is going just for the beer??...what an..........idiot

also...about these people who apparantly don't have a clue.

It's fairly simple to find answers to the burning questions...a quick Google to find out what's going with GnR BEFORE buying concert tickets would solve any misconceptions.

I've seen people post on forums about how pissed off they were when they went to a GnR concert and found out Slash wasn't in the band...ok,you've got the basic computer skills down...if you know how to post on a forum you know how to do a search on GnR.If you haven't followed the band in THAT long that you have NO clue that any of the original members have left...wouldn't you be a TAD curious to look the band up online after that many years of GnR inactivity before deciding to go?

Edited by zint61

I didn't own a computer until 2001,yet I knew back when it had happened that all the original members had left and Axl was the only one left...they had these neat gadgets way back in the '90's called radios and televisions.

If the basic fan was THAT clued out about GnR...that means that the last time they heard about GnR being on tour was 1993.

Is it that far fetched to presume that people who haven't heard squat about a band in THIRTEEN years might do a little checking before deciding to go to a concert?

If Led Zeppelin suddenly announce a tour...I'm going to be checking out who's in the band!

Edited by zint61

I'm not blind to the marketing strategy...at all...I get the angles.

But I don't think the "average" fans are not all THAT clued out...the average shmuck knows about the "knob with the chicken bucket on his head".

I can NOT wear my Hammerstein shirt without at least one chickenbucket comment.

The VMA's was a widely broadcast t.v. show...many average fans saw that performance (or heard about it).

Besides that...I don't live or die by "myledzep forum"...I don't even post on or read one (if there is one).

Other than the dvd set that came out...I have no clue what (if anything) is going on in the Zep world.

But I'll tell you this...if they announce a tour,I'll be bloody well checking out who is in the band before deciding to go.

Edited by zint61

I hope that when GNR make it to the NYC area, or LA, they play some latenight talkshows or something, cause the average person doesnt really have any reason to like this band right now. From the concert vids I have seen, I know that any kind of tv performance would be great publicity, as I cant see why anyone would not like this band.

Here are five other reasons:

1. Madagascar

2. IRS

3. Chinese Democracy

4. Silkworms

5. Raaayaaaad and the Bumbleodians

1. Madagascar------------------------- several people who aren't gnr fans at all commented on how much they liked this song to me

2. IRS----------------------------------- likewise as before

3. Chinese Democracy-----------------a casual gunner said "when did gnr release that? I never heard that before, pretty decent"

4. Silkworms-------------------------"What the hell is that your listening to, turn it off"

5. Raaayaaaad and the Bumbleodians--------- "thats abit boring"

my exprience while waiting in line.not one fan not one...i was hoping to meet some cool ppl but got this instead.

:laugh: if i was in the line with them guys i would probaly start laughing. hopefully youll met some cool people at the show. :)

coz of "us" idiots who still like GnR...Axl doesn't need any costs of advertising. Fools will still be fools and will still support him not knowing any information that they as a fans deserve. GnR is becoming a CULT BAND for only DIE HARD FANATIC FANS! :unsure:

If I accidetley didn't join that forum...I would never know what's going on with Axl. And still I don't know much! :fuckyou: