Why isn't Axl mentioning CD to concert goers now?

Kaneda

We've talked about release dates, about album promotion, but one thing we need to discuss is why Axl isn't even mentioning the album to concert goers...He doesn't have fucking announce the release date, but he could make mention to the album itself and let people know something about it. Why this wall of secrecy?

Maybe instead of playing all of those boring guitar solos that kill the momentum of the concerts, he could take that time to address his fans, introduce the band, and let everyone know a little something about Chinese Democracy.

Why isn't he building more excitement for this thing? Some of you are like, when he has something to say, he will say it. Well doesn't he have something to tell us? The album must be done if they are on tour and he said it will be out in 2006. So what the fuck is the point of this tour? Here's what Axl should be doing:

"Thank you for coming out tonight, the band you see up here, these guys have been through thick and thin with me to create an album nobody wanted you to hear, and album that is finally done and we can't wait to you hear it soon, it's called Chinese Democracy and it can't get any better....(then launch into Better).

Like remember when Axl came out at Rock N Rio and gave the back story to the song Chinese Democracy, I liked that shit, cause Axl seemed proud of the new material, he didn't just drop it on us, he gave us some insight to the reason why he was gone, what has taken so long, and why there are new members in GNR today. By not doing that anymore, by not promoting the new material properly, Axl fails to promote the new members properly. And thus, GNR today is just a confused mess on stage.

I think that Axl should definetely stop keeping the fans in the dark so much about the album. Even just casually mention in the concert what's going on with the CD at that moment in time. The more hype Axl generates for the CD, the more people go to GNR concerts. It should be a win-win situation!

Once again, Kaneda takes shit for saying out loud what so many of us are too afraid to step up and say.

This is quite troubling to me. I was listenign to my 08.03.1991 boot last night. He keeps talking about the new album, when it will be out, etc. And this is when they were the biggest band in the world and didn't even need plugging.

Now the situation is nowhere near as secure and Axl seems content not to say a word. Makes no damn sense.

Great point on this thread. Axl's fuckin up. Whats with these numerous tour dates poping up. He should have an album release party have it televised on MTV, play live then announce the world tour. Axl I love ya bro but it's not 91 anymore. It's one thing if it's a reunion theres no need to promote thats a automatic sell out, but to be out there bustin your ass with this album and new band you need to make better descisions. Axl you had like 4 sellouts out of like 18 some shows in 02(US) let alone in 06/07(US) with no release. Regardless I'm still pulling for ya and I wish ya the best and kick our ass with the new record.

Axl kinda mentioned the album one of the tiems i saw G n R in the summer. After performing one of their new songs (Iv forgotten which) he said something along the lines of how he'd release that one day and then we'd (the fans) all go and Download it.

I thought it was a bit shit having a go at fans, even jokingly for downloading new g n r stuff when he personaly gives us fuck all

This is a losing proposition for us either way.

If there is a release date and he is not saying anything, then the management company needs to go back and freshen up their business degrees a bit because they obviously don't know their head from a hole in the ground. They send out a press release lauding GNR for playing in front of 750,000 people this summer, well...there is 750,000 missed opportunities to freely advertise and promote the bands ultimate product. Same logic applies to this mini-tour.

The other side of the coin is there is no set release date yet, in which case we can kiss any hope of seeing this album before at least April of 07 goodbye. Again, if they rush the release before the end of the year to just get it out without the necessary promotion they have missed the opportunity of a life time because there will never be anothere situation like this to capitalize off of.

Axl's and management's decisions regarding the album thus far prove that we give them too much credit in terms of having a master plan that will give the band its greatest chance to capitalize off the situation.