How come Axl doesn't sing Estranged anymore?

GNR 1991

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cos' it's a crap song.

and that was another crap post.

i think axl knows it too long, nothing to sing along with unlike KOHD, it wasent a big hit so a lot of people wouldent know it as well as we do.

''im only 28, im much too young to let love break my heart'' he doesnt want to lie either, hes 44, thats not young anymore

Cos' it's a crap song.

i think axl knows it too long, nothing to sing along with unlike KOHD, it wasent a big hit so a lot of people wouldent know it as well as we do.

''im only 28, im much too young to let love break my heart'' he doesnt want to lie either, hes 44, thats not young anymore

I already started a thread withr reasons why the song is their worst. It's utter crap THAT'S why it's not played. The over-obsessed Axl fucks are the only ones who like it. Not to be rude though.

Cos' it's a crap song.

I already started a thread withr reasons why the song is their worst. It's utter crap THAT'S why it's not played. The over-obsessed Axl fucks are the only ones who like it. Not to be rude though.

It's so ironic to hear something like that from some one who thinks Silkworms is one of their best songs... :rolleyes:

Cos' it's a crap song.

It's so ironic to hear something like that from some one who thinks Silkworms is one of their best songs... :rolleyes:

:rofl-lol:

estranged = 1batrillion times better than silkworms

Estranged has some fantastic guitar work.

That's why Axl thanked Slash in the booklet for the "killer guitar melodies" rock3

A little off topic, but I think the best part of the video for that song is when Slash is doing the guitar solo as he's raising out of the water, that's kickass. rock1

That's why Axl thanked Slash in the booklet for the "killer guitar melodies" rock3

A little off topic, but I think the best part of the video for that song is when Slash is doing the guitar solo as he's raising out of the water, that's kickass. rock1

Too bad that wasn't really Slash, though, but a double.

Yes..that's why I hate that part of the video.

No shit??? I never knew that. That actually kinda sucks. Well, at least we have the November Rain solo. That's really Slash right?

Ron pulls the outro of November Rain out beautifully, so he could do the same with Estranged. But it is way too long and has no chorus, so the crowd can't get that much into it. Dust N' Bones when/if Izzy is a guest and Double Talkin' Jive or Perfect Crime would be better songs to play... Or even change the opener to Right Next Door To Hell, which would kick ass. rock3

In the video for the making of Estranged, the band talks about how difficult it is to play live. I am not sure where I read this and it may not be correct, but I believe that the new band is not up to playing it.

Totally agree. The song is so long with so many parts to it, playing it live must be a real task. These new guys can practice songs all they want, but unfortunately they won't be able to play them as well as the original members because they weren't involved in the creation of the songs. They weren't there for the making of the song, the redoing, the rewriting, and all the stresses that deal with making a song. I'm not saying the new guys are inferior muscians, but it takes a lot to learn a song, especially one you didn't compose and one as complex as Estranged, i just think they don't really want to mess up playing it.

I def wouldn't mind hearing it again though! :D