the new robin solo

quadlaser

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe BBF and Fortus have been giving him lessons between gigs. Stick with it Robin! Maybe by the 2K9 tour you'll know how to play the songs! Rock and fuckin' roll baby!

fuck you. i'm sick of reading you putting down this band every single day. get a fucking life you fat fucking piece of shit.

Robin wins over more people everytime they do a show. They realize he's not as bad as they wish he was and can't help but like him.

Theres a few haters who will never change their mind.. but 90% after seeing Finck live, in person, can't help but like the guy.

Maybe BBF and Fortus have been giving him lessons between gigs. Stick with it Robin! Maybe by the 2K9 tour you'll know how to play the songs! Rock and fuckin' roll baby!

fuck you. i'm sick of reading you putting down this band every single day. get a fucking life you fat fucking piece of shit.

Robin wins over more people everytime they do a show. They realize he's not as bad as they wish he was and can't help but like him.

Theres a few haters who will never change their mind.. but 90% after seeing Finck live, in person, can't help but like the guy.

King Dick...you sound vaguely familiar.... :D

His solo was decent and his performance of the songs was better too!

He was so close to doing the SCOM right at Inland Invasion. I was ready to reply in the thread how I was pleased, but then it all went downhill as the pace picked up on the latter part of the solo. >.<! Close, but no cigar..

He certainly did do better last night though. I thought Patience was pretty tidy. I dunno what he's been doing, but hopefully he'll keep at it. If he improves a bit more like he seemed to at KROQ then I think I could at least be satisfied with him if nothing else.

to me he doesnt do anything that makes me say wow that was fucking ausome. i play guitar so i love hearing solos but when i heard his i was like ok this gets old fast. his solo was sweet child o mine with an affect (flanger or phaser) on a differnt scale and then he'd just play fast going down the fret board, shit i do that type of shit, yes he's been playing a lot longer then i so of course hes better, but still if you're going to do a solo make it say wow that was fucking amazing. ive heard slash do some and i was like holy shit thats why i like you. i heard bbf do his solo and i was like damn axl, you really did your hw, shit even fortus (sp sorry) does his work good and makes me say not bad, but with finck, he's just not there YET. he may be one day, but not yet.

Edited by gnrfan4life3690

I liked it very much. It was the first thing I heard when I got the live stream and at first I couldnt figure out who it was because I had the sound but the video wasnt up yet. Then it came up and it was fucking Robin, I hope he keeps playing like that, it was way better than any other solo hes ever done in my opinion.

Robin's my favorite member of the band so of course I was happy to see that his new solo was awesome. A large improvement on the last one. I'm surprised some of you were dissapointed with the SCOM solo, I thought he did it amazingly. I might actually prefer it to Slash's when he does it how it was at the Inland Invasion. I was dissapointed with his performance of the SCOM solo at Rock AM ring, so I was glad to be thoroughly impressed on Sunday.

I haven't changed my mind about him. I think he's a lousy guitar player.

I think Robin's made leaps and bounds with his look. The homosexual zombie look was awful. The new look is better.

I think he goes overboard with the whole razzle dazzle tap dance show. It's such a corny act. But I guess he's gotta do something to distract people from his playing. I'd rather he just practice the songs and get better.

Agreed on all fronts..

His image may have improved, but he is still a mediocre guitarist that is overwhelmingly glorified by fans for simply being in Axl's band. As I said before, rock poses and orgasmic expressions do not hide the fact that he is a sub-par performer..

Do you not find it alarming that fans are praising him for 'improving', and yet he's considered the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses?

-Kickingthehabit

I think Robin's made leaps and bounds with his look. The homosexual zombie look was awful. The new look is better.

I think he goes overboard with the whole razzle dazzle tap dance show. It's such a corny act. But I guess he's gotta do something to distract people from his playing. I'd rather he just practice the songs and get better.

Agreed on all fronts..

His image may have improved, but he is still a mediocre guitarist that is overwhelmingly glorified by fans for simply being in Axl's band. As I said before, rock poses and orgasmic expressions do not hide the fact that he is a sub-par performer..

Do you not find it alarming that fans are praising him for 'improving', and yet he's considered the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses?

-Kickingthehabit

Mr. Obvious, you agreeing with yer self? :lol:

cockgratualtions!

Slash...Slash....Slash. There's no better than Slash! ..... if Slash ain't playing it, it ain't GOOD! :lol:

Agreed on all fronts..

-Kickingthehabit

Mr. Obvious, you agreeing with yer self? :lol:

cockgratualtions!

Slash...Slash....Slash. There's no better than Slash! ..... if Slash ain't playing it, it ain't GOOD! :lol:

Yeah, pretty much. :)

i only read here almost never post but these reactions make me sick... fans and other musical nobodies thinking they know it better than axl and so much more profesional musicians...

yeah you re right robin finck cannot play guitar. axl and the band and a lot of other musicians they know nothing... LOL

^ I thought that part sounded like Sossego in a way, maybe the same way of playing it.. I know nothing about technicity but that's how it sounds to me

actually i'm talking more about the middle there, now that I had a new listen

the beginning and the end are really original though, and there's some part where it almost sounds like a part of the blues

Edited by angel of music

What is that echoish stuff he plays in the beginning and the end of his solo? That sounds fuckin amazing and original. Is it a cover? Or maybe it's from one of the new songs :wub:

i wondered if some of that might be bits of new songs too.

yea but wouldnt that kinda kill the point of doing a solo? doing a song thats not released. my guess is that those middle parts is just a scale. ive heard his type of solo a dozen times (shit even tried playing it). the only part is the phaser section ive never done personally. but yea i think its just some random notes and nothing perminet i hope at least if its a new song i laugh.