Because this forum LOVES country!!

moreblack

johnny cash? the guy who played a song called "the night hank williams came to town?". hank was around before, he was more ass in the grass straight out country than johnny cash too. n willie nelson? pfft! the fact is, without hank williams they wouldn't be around...for a fact.

Yeah, Hank was around first but that doesn't make him the king of country. He might have been if he hadn't passed away so early.

dude, not bein rude but d'ya ever listen to country??? theres a reason he's called the father of country music.

The "Father" and the "King" are two different things. Yes, I will agree that Hank is the father of country music. If it wasn't for him, there would be nothing. But as far as the king of country, the shining star of country, the one who brought country to the masses, that was Johnny Cash.

to the masses, again, hank williams, he brought the grand ole oprey to life, was THE most well known country star of his time, bar none. jus so happens he didnt live long enough, the king is he who is most important, most soverign over the genre n hank wins that flat out cuz without hank there'd be nothing. what ur sayin is like eminem being the king of hip hop cuz he took it overboard mainstream, well thats jus not true. but i think we're hittin a difference of opnion wall here too. n also (not in regards to u cuz i dunno shit about u) but i noticed a lotta johnny cash dick suckin is goin on ever since he died. like motherfuckers didnt hardly know him n now u got young people name droppin like its goin outta fashion or in fashion as it were. he earned a lotta fanboys lately as like, a chic thing but that dont really got shit to do with shit, he was imperial before he died, no question.

I noticed the appreciation of Cash started ages ago, it was in the late 90s when he covered Soundgarden...

i know but it went waaayy overboard after. justin timberlake n shit on the VMAs talkin bout how cool he is. even puffy for godssakes.

johnny cash? the guy who played a song called "the night hank williams came to town?". hank was around before, he was more ass in the grass straight out country than johnny cash too. n willie nelson? pfft! the fact is, without hank williams they wouldn't be around...for a fact.

Yeah, Hank was around first but that doesn't make him the king of country. He might have been if he hadn't passed away so early.

dude, not bein rude but d'ya ever listen to country??? theres a reason he's called the father of country music.

The "Father" and the "King" are two different things. Yes, I will agree that Hank is the father of country music. If it wasn't for him, there would be nothing. But as far as the king of country, the shining star of country, the one who brought country to the masses, that was Johnny Cash.

to the masses, again, hank williams, he brought the grand ole oprey to life, was THE most well known country star of his time, bar none. jus so happens he didnt live long enough, the king is he who is most important, most soverign over the genre n hank wins that flat out cuz without hank there'd be nothing. what ur sayin is like eminem being the king of hip hop cuz he took it overboard mainstream, well thats jus not true. but i think we're hittin a difference of opnion wall here too. n also (not in regards to u cuz i dunno shit about u) but i noticed a lotta johnny cash dick suckin is goin on ever since he died. like motherfuckers didnt hardly know him n now u got young people name droppin like its goin outta fashion or in fashion as it were. he earned a lotta fanboys lately as like, a chic thing but that dont really got shit to do with shit, he was imperial before he died, no question.

I totally agree with the whole Johnny bandwagon thing. He covered a NIN song, and now everyone is his biggest fan. Yeah, they might like him but do they like him because he's great, or because he did a NIN cover?

Anyway, like I said before, yes Hank was the father -the founder- of country music. Without him, there would be nothing. Hank defined what country music was. Johnny Cash made country music what it is. Johnny Cash is the artist that transcended time and genre. Hank's influence lies mainly with country, Johnny influenced everyone.