Liquid tension experiment

damian 1200

I like them better when they are called Dream Theatre

no thanks dude. as i said in the DT thread a few days back, levin kicks the shit outta myung and no singer kicks the shit outta labrie - which is really upsetting cause i love portnoy and petrucci. i'm kind of apathetic toward keys, though jordan rudess plays like a motherfucker.

Edited by bass71player

Dream Theatre's still better. I don't question Levin's ability, but to say he kicks the shit out of Myung is like saying Ali kicks the shit our of Frazier, it cannot happen. Both of them are too good for one to be anymore than just barely better than the other. There would be no shit kicking.

I got nothing against La Brie's voice, the lyrics more than make up for it.

I'd take Scene's From A Memory 2, Train Of Thought or Change Of Seasons over any LTE album.

Dream Theatre's still better. I don't question Levin's ability, but to say he kicks the shit out of Myung is like saying Ali kicks the shit our of Frazier, it cannot happen. Both of them are too good for one to be anymore than just barely better than the other. There would be no shit kicking.

I got nothing against La Brie's voice, the lyrics more than make up for it.

I'd take Scene's From A Memory 2, Train Of Thought or Change Of Seasons over any LTE album.

well there's only 2 lte albums versus how many DT albums, so hopefully they would come up with comprable material. as far as the myung/levin thing, i just think levin is far more original and talented. i feel like myung's got speed going for him, but his parts aren't very interesting. in any event, to each his own. i hate when people argue over the most subjective things like musical preference.