Is there an album that took longer than "Chinese Demoracy"

radioflyer

It took Boston 8 years to release their third record, "Third Stage" because Tom Scholtz is such a control freak. Is there anyone else out there that can compete with Axl's long-delayed album? They started working on this over 10 years ago - that's a DECADE - and the only two musicians still in the band are Axl and Dizzy - most of the replacements have been replaced.

Speaking of which, does anyone else find it funny that Duff was replaced by an actual "Replacement" when Tommy Stinson joined up?

Edited by radioflyer

It took Boston 8 years to release their third record, "Third Stage" because Tom Scholtz is such a control freak. Is there anyone else out there that can compete with Axl's long-delayed album? They started working on this over 10 years ago - that's a DECADE - and the only two musicians still in the band are Axl and Dizzy - most of the replacements have been replaced.

Speaking of which, does anyone else find it funny that Duff was replaced by an actual "Replacement" when Tommy Stinson joined up?

Realistically, it's been 8 years that they've been working on this particular GNR album. 1998 is when this band, give or take a couple members, started jamming in the studio together.

"Smile" from Brian Wilson..he was from The Beach Boys.

Over 38 years I think.

Yeah - but most of that material was released in 1967 as "Smiley Smile", and Good Vibrations was released as a single. "Smile" is a great record, though - I recommend it to everyone. "Pet Sounds" too, of course. There is MUCH more to The Beach Boys that that "Surfin' USA" bullshit.

"Smile" from Brian Wilson..he was from The Beach Boys.

Over 38 years I think.

Yeah - but most of that material was released in 1967 as "Smiley Smile", and Good Vibrations was released as a single. "Smile" is a great record, though - I recommend it to everyone. "Pet Sounds" too, of course. There is MUCH more to The Beach Boys that that "Surfin' USA" bullshit.

Not to mention that technically this album was released by Brian Wilson not as The Beach Boys even though it is their material. It wasn't that long in the making it was just sort of resurrected after 37 yrs.

CD really has been worked on for all of these years with the removal and replacement of members.

There is MUCH more to The Beach Boys that that "Surfin' USA" bullshit.

Word. If you wanna hear some tripped out, drug-inspired insanity, listen to this stuff. It's AMAZING. If the Beach Boys actually stayed the course as the Beatles did when they took a similar direction, the music world would have been turned upside down. Everything would have been so different.

-Rob

In fact, there is an album that has taken 13 years to release. And, no... we're are not of course talking about Chinese Democracy. We're talking Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell III

yeah but cmon we are talking about albums that have been worked on longest not the longest felay......there is no way meatloaf has been working on that album 13 years he been too busy acting and eating n taking huge dumps probly

In fact, there is an album that has taken 13 years to release. And, no... we're are not of course talking about Chinese Democracy. We're talking Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell III

yeah but cmon we are talking about albums that have been worked on longest not the longest delay......there is no way meatloaf has been working on that album 13 years

I was thinking the same thing,the lines are getting blurred here.Lots of bands have gone years between albums...The Who,Stooges,New York Dolls,if I sat here long enough and thought about it,it would be quite the list.

But I can't honestly think of a record that has been in production as long as Chi Dem.

yeah but cmon we are talking about albums that have been worked on longest not the longest delay......there is no way meatloaf has been working on that album 13 years

I was thinking the same thing,the lines are getting blurred here.Lots of bands have gone years between albums...The Who,Stooges,New York Dolls,if I sat here long enough and thought about it,it would be quite the list.

But I can't honestly think of a record that has been in production as long as Chi Dem.

Not only that, but consider this: The wait for CD has been longer than the entire careers of Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.

Not only that, but consider this: The wait for CD has been longer than the entire careers of Led Zeppelin and the Beatles.

WOW, never ever thought about this this way, my god... you are so right man