Looks like Chinese Democracy will be a pop rock album

Gallagher Rose

The songs have a touch of hard rock and industrial,but The Blues,Madagascar,TWAT and Catcher in the Rye are pop rock ballads in my opinion..Is it a bad thing?

For me CD is going to be more pop than the Use your Illusion albums..more ballads and less rock.I can't see a song sounding like "Perfect Crime" or "Shotgun Blues" being on the album.

The only heavy new song we know is IRS..Better have some great guitar work,but the chorus and the ending are really catchy,and it has some pop rock style.

Sounds like Elton John and Nine Inch Nails are two of the biggest influences on this album.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be a poprock album, but GNR have always been a poprock band, so it's not much of a shock. The songs don't really flow like normal pop songs do - I don't think a single one falls prey to the usualverse/chorus/verse/chorus thing - The arrangements are very unusual.

IMO, nothing that we've heard so far is nearly as poppy as Don't Cry or November Rain, so I don't think we have much to worry about.

Someone(one of tommy stinson friends) from another forum who claims he's heard the album made a review and posted it on a forum, he said it was pop rock and that it kicks major ass.

edit: he also got bombarded with a crap load of pm's, he then deleted his account. this was a few months ago after the leaks.

Edited by dark_future

Guest Jack_the_ripper

this is as bad as if someone claimed britney spears to be heavy metal.

firstly we heard like 2-3 songs that will actually be on the album (CITR, IRS, BETTER and maybe TWAT.)

It's near impossible to judge a 75 min record on 4 songs at most. FUCKING IDIOTS!

We've heard more than 2-3 songs. The Blues, TWAT, IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy, CITR, Madagascar. Not saying they will all be on the album, although we know Blues, TWAT and Better will be as Axl said they are his favs on the album and Tommy said CITR will be on it.

"Looks like Chinese Democracy will be a pop rock album"

Chinese Democracy will mostly be a fusion of Rock, Pop, some Industrial inspiration, a hint of Dance with a splash of Doom.

From what we've been exposed to so far, it has all pointing to something good. I have had my concerns and reservations over the word fusion, as the old Gn'R were at the top of their game with Heavy Rock, the heaviest rock ever made, so heavy, that is was on the verge of metal without tipping into the metal hole.

If Gn'R had continued to make songs like My World, Oh MY God and Silkworms they would have been finished. With Songs like The Blues and Better, they are heading in a good direction ;)

Edited by dobadog

"Looks like Chinese Democracy will be a pop rock album"

Chinese Democracy will mostly be a fusion of Rock, Pop, some Industrial inspiration, a hint of Dance with a splash of Doom.

From what we've been exposed to so far, it has all pointing to something good. I have had my concerns and reservations over the word fusion, as the old Gn'R were at the top of their game with Heavy Rock, the heaviest rock ever made, so heavy, that is was on the verge of metal without tipping into the metal hole.

Guns had some metal songs like Perfect Crime and Garden of Eden. The latter is almost thrashy.

GNR are popular

GNR play rock

GNR=popular rock

Ok? And the news is.....?

OMG that is the worst thing someone could say in this thread

Metalica, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Zepplen, Stones, ETC.. ALL POPULAR BANDS THAT PLAY ROCK

None of them are pop-rock bands.

A8R

Guest Jack_the_ripper
We've heard more than 2-3 songs. The Blues, TWAT, IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy, CITR, Madagascar. Not saying they will all be on the album, although we know Blues, TWAT and Better will be as Axl said they are his favs on the album and Tommy said CITR will be on it.

if you ACTUALLY read my post, I said songs that will actually be on the album... Not all the songs and demos we've heard.

as long as the labels's say "rock" and the songs will be like what we've heard I'm happy

you know the label often says something that it's not, like I can almost promise you that even if CD will be an pop-rock album the label's in stores will still say Rock or Hard Rock

.all this speak of Gn'R + Pop. Has Gn'R gone soft? do any of the new songs contain the 'F' word?

.back in the day, back when AFD hit the shelves, one of the most noticeable things about Gn'R (apart from Slash and Axl) was the use of the 'F' word in their songs. It was quite shocking at the time, and i often used to take great pleasure at the annoyance of others, in putting on You're Crazy on the local jukebox :laugh:

Now though the 'F' word has zero effect, what with the arrival of rap and all that..

Edited by dobadog

Some of you guys are in serious denial about GNR's place in pop history - Yes, they're a rock band. But if you can say with a straight face that songs like PC, SCOM, Patience, Don't Cry, and NR are not poprock songs, you're crazy.

Pop doesn't have to = Bad. AC/DC is a poprock band, Metallica morphed into a poprock band with The Black Album. You'll find all of those bands, GNR included, in the poprock section of any record store or music store. What's the big deal?

.all this speak of Gn'R + Pop. Has Gn'R gone soft? do any of the new songs contain the 'F' word?

.back in the day, back when AFD hit the shelves, one of the most noticeable things about Gn'R (apart from Slash and Axl) was the use of the 'F' word in their songs. It was quite shocking at the time, and i often used to take great pleasure at the annoyance of others, in putting on You're Crazy on the local jukebox :laugh:

Now though the 'F' word has zero effect, what with the arrival of rap and all that..

You haven't heard Silkworms.