So... the fans were right I guess

Montrealer

yes... talent is not defined by outfit i totaly agree

but i cant stand these metal bands! they`re ugly and disgusting makes me sick

i dont think anybody here would like gnr or slash come up on stage looking like this:

bm5.jpg

Back in 2001, if someone posted any thing negative about how Gn'R looked, they would be flamed, and the real defensive ones would argue that the sound of the band is all that counts.

Now in 2006 when Gn'R have improved their overal look *as a band* it's ok for people to look back and criticize without fear of being flamed :laugh:

As for Buckethead, he carries off wearing a KFC buckethead on his head like no other. It suits him as thats how we know him best. I think Buckethead see's himself as a type of super hero :D ..and should Buckethead have stayed in Gn'R the last thing i would have wanted was for him was to have to ditch his look and come out on stage with long hair *the typical guitarist look* in an attempt to fit in :laugh:

buckethead-thumb.jpg

Gn'R are not a boy band with a stylist and all that jazz :laugh:

Edited by dobadog

ok, tell you what, if you dont think looks matter, go to KFC, buy a bucket of chicken, throw all the chicken on the floor, put the bucket on ure head and walk out of KFC and walk around town for a bit and see how many people think you look like a total tard

CJ

ok, tell you what, if you dont think looks matter, go to KFC, buy a bucket of chicken, throw all the chicken on the floor, put the bucket on ure head and walk out of KFC and walk around town for a bit and see how many people think you look like a total tard

CJ

Buckethead looks about as much like a tard as Superman, Batman, Spiderman, The Hulk, The characters from Star-Wars, etc, etc, etc.

I wouldn't go wearing a KFC bucket on my head as A. It would be copying and B. Its not my thing. I have my own style, others have theirs, each to their own :)

Edited by dobadog

CJ

Oh, I went to Berlin a few weeks ago, where I went into a KFC (in Switzerland we unfortunately don't have a KFC). I bought some chickenwings and then I didn't throw the bucket away. I walked the whole day with it around town, because I wanted to wash it and then wear it (I only put it for a short moment on my head, because there was this chicken smell). But I couldn't wash the smell out of the bucket, so I had to throw it away. I said to myself, next time I'm going to see a KFC, I will ask for a new bucket, without any chickens in it, so I can wear it. ;)

CJ

Buckethead looks about as much like a tard as Superman, Batman, Spiderman, The Hulk, The characters from Star-Wars, etc, etc, etc.

Well i dont think Superman or Batman belong on a stage looking like tards never mind sharing a stage with one of the greatest bands in the world, neither does buckethead. He suited GnR's image as much as 50 Cent would suit GnR as the frontman. He belongs in his own little side shows, hiding behind his mask, and having ABSOLUTELY NO STAGE PRESENCE AT ALL !

My Opinion: GnR have gained more credibilty with the general public with the departure of BH and the arrival of mr thal, and the less they associate themself with BH, the better.

CJ

Edited by Cjc1706

I remember in 2002, exactly 4 years ago when me and my wife saw the new version of GNR for the first time.

It was a great show but my wife said this after the show : "The show was great but this do not look like a rock n' roll band at all." She was right. They were good but did not look good.

You had :

Axl looking more like a pimp than a rock star.

Robin with his head half shave that looked more like a Marylin Manson bandmate than a GN'R one.

Buckethead, a guy that is a great guitarist but let's be realist, how serious does a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head can be!

The rest of the band was looking great tho.

Looking at this, a few years later, I have to agree that this was looking more like a circus than Guns N' Roses.

The review at the time were horrible, simply horrible.

Now the band have changed, we have a rock n' roll band. I mean look at them, we have a bunch of rock stars up there!

Axl mood and look have been changed, probably by a professional.

He looks great, sound great and he's even in a great mood night after night after night.

Now look at the press reviews! It's all great reviews, no band bitching at all. People are loving the new GN'R now.

It's all a question of look, and how you threat people.

Axl just have to show up just a little earlier, he don't have to be on time, just not that late and I think that everything will be just perfect.. well with the released of Chinese Democracy of course!

j

Hooked on Phonics. Check it out.