jungle sound?

You mean the intro? thats just delay.

For the general distortion, i think for the large part its just playing around with your controls.

What equipment have you got? Have you got an overdrive/distortion pedal?

Edited by joe2

You'll need a delay pedal for the intro

As for the main riff, chorus etc it's just medium overdrive (not too much, kind of crunchy) and a bright but thick sound

Then you'll need some Clean for the bridge and a bit of reverb maybe. That's about it

DONT FORGET, YOU CAN'T GET CERTAIN TONES UNLESS YOU HAVE THE SAME EQUIPMENT AS THE ARTIST WHO'S PLAYING THE SONG!!!

For the general distortion, i think for the large part its just playing around with your controls.

i got no pedel's as i'm too skint to afford any atm. and i'm playing a Vintage made Les Paul with a Marshall MG30DFX

DONT FORGET, YOU CAN'T GET CERTAIN TONES UNLESS YOU HAVE THE SAME EQUIPMENT AS THE ARTIST WHO'S PLAYING THE SONG!!!

Calm down.

i got no pedel's as i'm too skint to afford any atm. and i'm playing a Vintage made Les Paul with a Marshall MG30DFX

Hey, same as me B) .

Except for i've got the 15 watt version :(

I've just had a quick look at your one (bearing in mind i don't have quite as much controls), and i'd say for these mashall amps, for izzys guitar (left ear) have the gain low around 2-3 (that may sound low, but its about 1/4 of the circle round, plus izzys has a more of a bluesy sound than slash's). For Slash's it has a higher gain around 8 i'd say (thats about 3/4 round the circle). I usually have my bass very low (i don't think it does an awful lot on marshall amps, but i keep it low anyway), with treble and contour on full.

Another thing to do is get a footswitch, as your amp has a socket for it (i don't know how much they cost though)

Edited by joe2

Gain 6-7

Bass/Low 7

Mid/Contour 3-4

High 5-7

Prescense- 7

thats tailored more to an MG, they suck but you've gotta start somwhere.

For the intro you need a delay.

Slash recorded with a DD-3 then used a DD-5 and a DD-6 all by boss

Live, he doesnt use delay he plays the note the delay is suposed to sound

Yeah, you can't.

No matter what you do, you cant get that Slash sound coming out from your playing.

i've got somewhat close but no your right, i can't get it exactly

As i said, the closest way to get that jungle sound is to get that Marshall Slash used on the AFD sessions with the custom gain and tremelo in it and get yourself some seymore duncan pick ups...and about £10,000 worth of recording equipment. Yeah, good luck