Your favorite love songs

adnan

Yeah, that song is annoying in some ways. Controlling women in that way isn't something to be proud of. -_-

Yeah but it pretty much established the Stones' misogynist image. It's an excellent song, but I don't agree with it, and if a woman calls it a love song she must be seriously fucked up.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under My Thumb- The Rolling Stones

Either you don't understand English or you have a very demented and sick idea of a love song.

It can be both :lol:

Kidding, seriously though I don't care about the lyrics of that song that much cause I've got strong personal memories based on that song. The topic is "YOUR favourite love song" , so I'm telling that I have a reason why I 've picked this one among the others.

Got it?

But it isn't a love song. It's a song about controlling women.

I've connected it with "love" to my mind cause I 've got some intense expereriences from a guy and that song was played in the background!

Oh I don't like getting into details of my personal life.

Okay now?

Edit: Are u saying I'm fucked up???

Edited by rQueen

Yeah, that song is annoying in some ways. Controlling women in that way isn't something to be proud of. -_-

Yeah but it pretty much established the Stones' misogynist image. It's an excellent song, but I don't agree with it, and if a woman calls it a love song she must be seriously fucked up.

Yeah agreed, it's a Stones classic but I've never been able to ignore the lyrics. I've always found Mixed Emotions one of their more romantic songs. :unsure: And Ruby Tuesday is nice. :)

But rQueen I'm not attacking your choice! Of course it's a personal thing. :)

Either you don't understand English or you have a very demented and sick idea of a love song.

Kidding, seriously though I don't care about the lyrics of that song that much cause I've got strong personal memories based on that song. The topic is "YOUR favourite love song" , so I'm telling that I have a reason why I 've picked this one among the others.

Got it?

I've connected it with "love" to my mind cause I 've got some intense expereriences from a guy and that song was played in the background!

Okay now?

I'm not saying you're fucked up. The song is the polar opposite of a love song. If you consider the song itself, completely disregarding any personal experiences, then yes, you are fucked up, because that would mean that you enjoy being controlled by some form of scum that I shit on.

Got it?

Okay now?

I'm not saying you're fucked up. The song is the polar opposite of a love song. If you consider the song itself, completely disregarding any personal experiences, then yes, you are fucked up, because that would mean that you enjoy being controlled by some form of scum that I shit on.

I take the whole thing as a misunderstanding!

I use to connect some songs with some moments unavoidably. This song might sound controversial to the title, but I 've got a personal reason.

And no I don't enjoy being controlled in any form and by anybody.

'Nuff said!!!!

Got it?

Okay now?

I take the whole thing as a misunderstanding!

I use to connect some songs with some moments unavoidably. This song might sound controversial to the title, but I 've got a personal reason.

And no I don't enjoy being controlled in any form and by anybody.

'Nuff said!!!!

Come on i know you enjoy it :P

Guns N' Roses - Patience

Guns N' Roses - Think About You

Bruce Springsteen - Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

Bob Dylan - You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go

Bob Dylan - Nettie Moore

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet

Dire Straits - Why Worry

Yusuf Islam - The First Cut Is The Deepest

Queen - Love Of My Life

I think half of my favourite love songs list is composed of those by Leonard Cohen, so I won't even bother trying to pick only one or two by him... The man is simply a genius when it comes to love songs full of love, desire and longing, yet also sardonic sarcasm, bitterness and malice. Not to mention the minimalist production complemented by that lustful baritone of his that makes all the songs seem more like poetry.

Other than him, I have to mention-

Derek and The Dominos - Layla

Tom Waits - Alice

Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry (Original)

Bob Dylan - Sara

U2 - With or Without You

Those just the first spring to mind right now... Why is it that every single one of my favourite love songs is really depressing? :unsure:

Watch this one people. It's a French song that you've probably never heard, and it's really, really fucking good.

There was a Danish hip hop/R&B group that did a horrid cover of it called Outlandish. It was fairly big in the UK if I recall (the cover). The original version hit #1 on all major European charts and even broke into the billboard top 100 for a short while.

Now that we're listing off songs which are love songs to us due to personal experience, I must add:

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

I know it's far from a love song (basically the greatest musical 'Fuck You' ever written), but I saw Bob Saturday night with my girlfriend, and well......this was a good one :wub:

Watch this one people. It's a French song that you've probably never heard, and it's really, really fucking good.

It went diamond in France, the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Algeria, and Morocco for a reason.

OMG i know that :o

Do you like it?

It was the first song I heard from him, made me a big fan.

It went diamond in France, the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Algeria, and Morocco for a reason.

Do you like it?

Its a fucking masterpiece,thank you for that

Im going to sleep now,maybe tomorrow can you enlighten me more? :P

Do you like it?

Its a fucking masterpiece,thank you for that

Im going to sleep now,maybe tomorrow can you enlighten me more? :P

Are you being sarcastic? :(

Oh well,too many here i go.. :heart:

-Journey-Faithfully

-U.2-With or without you.

-U.2-All i want is you.

-Phil Collins-Against all odds.

-Eric Carmen-Hungry eyes.

-Motley Crue-Without you.

-Toto-I'll be over you.

-Sade-No Ordinary love.

-Bon Jovi-Living in Sin.

-Berlin-Take my breath away.

-Def Lepard-Have you ever needed someone so bad.

-Dire Straits-Romeo and Juliet.

-The Cure-Love song.

-Poison-Life goes on.

-Chicago-It's hard for me to say i'm sorry.

-INXS-By my side.

-Tesla-Love song.

-Robbie Williams-Feel.

-Chris Issak-Wicked game.

-Foreigner-I wanna know what love is.

-Elton John-Your song.

-George Michael-Father figure.

-Journey-When you love a woman.

-Guns n roses-November Rain.

-U.2-One.

-John Lennon-Jealous guy.

-Richard Marx-Right here waiting.

-Lenny Kravitz-Can't get you off my mind.

-Air Supply-Making love out of nothing at all.

-Bryan Adams-Do i have to say the words?

-Bon Jovi-Always

-Bon Jovi-It's hard letting you go.

-Des'ree-Kissing you.

-Bush-Glycerine.

-Poison-I won't forget you.

-Kiss-Forever.

-Goo Goo Dolls-Iris

-Marillion-Beautiful.

-The Righteous Brothers-Unchained Melody.

Edited by nathalie92