Bon Jovi

adnan

People give them too little credit. They're not the cheese masters that Poison were, the band was actually talented, and they wrote some truly 'great' songs.

See, they may not be a great band by any means, but it's so much fucking fun. Irresistible hooks, fantastic riffs and solos, and beautifully overblown and ridiculous melodies and lyrics. You can't detract from Sambora or Bon Jovi's skills as songwriters. They wrote some of the catchiest music ever, period.

Lyrically, they're fun. It's inspired copying from Bruce Springsteen, and when you copy the Boss, you still have to end up with above average lyrics. I'd rather listen to this average joe stuff than ANOTHER song about booze and sex. Bon Jovi are very good, period. Not great, not the sort of music I'd generally associate myself with, but I enjoy it very much.

Edited by adnan

Agreed - they may not be musical genius, but they've written some stuff that's incredibly fun to just blast on the stereo while you're in the car or having a bash with friends. They've definitely produced some great sing-along, dance-along music with incredibly catchy tunes. But I can't stand it when they try to be too serious and end up making romantic mush such as Always.

People give them too little credit. They're not the cheese masters that Poison were, the band was actually talented, and they wrote some truly 'great' songs.

See, they may not be a great band by any means, but it's so much fucking fun. Irresistible hooks, fantastic riffs and solos, and beautifully overblown and ridiculous melodies and lyrics. You can't detract from Sambora or Bon Jovi's skills as songwriters. They wrote some of the catchiest music ever, period.

They did have a lot of help with the songwriting. But I agree they're a good band, I think most of their ballads are pretty good, though I can't stand I'll Be There For You.

Livin' On a Prayer is one of my favourite songs.

My guilty pleasure i guess, very loyal to their fans and a fantastic live band also. Slippery when wet is really a terrible album that makes me cringe and they've gone back to their old sound of late but i like the way they reinvented themselves at one point bookended by New Jersey and Crush with Keep the faith and probaly my favourite These days in between, all have their really good Springsteen/U2 like moments. I cant stand their poppy hair metal stuff and the really cliched ballads but when they wrote tracks like Dry county, Something to believe inand Just older it showed a side of their music that was very real and appealed to me

They're a pretty solid band. Probably a bit on the light side but they sure have some awesome classics and generally, I love their signature sound.

Crossroads' an awesome compilation of their greatest hits. 29 songs is saying something. Loved "Someday I'll Be Saturdays Night"! :D

ye tht one of my favs to aswell as its my life, bad medicine, always, livin on a prayer, one wild night etc

if any one sees one wild night the live cd in your local music shop i recommend it to any fellow bon jovi fans!!!

rock3

Have a Nice Day is a great album too

True

I really like Unbreakable and Dirty Little Secret from that album. Makes me want to dance :P

Novocaine, the title track and Who Says You Can't Go Home are fantastic too. Oh, and Last Cigarette.

Hell, it's a fantastic album

yer people slag it off a lot, but i like the album i thinks it really good

my fav's are I am, wild flower, bells of freedom and welcome to where ever you are!! rock2

Edited by carsonskitz