Lack of respect is the reason for people's negativity..

tbaugerud

I was just thinking, what is it that bothers alot of you guys? Why are you so negative?

-no album yet

-little promotion

-late concerts

-bad management

-horrible press releases

-etc.

That's what many of you go on and on and on about, like you have nothing better to do.

Anyway,

isn't the REAL problem that this is the NEW GnR? Turn it around:

if the original line-up were still together, none of you guys would even dare to question the band's/management's judgement? Why? Because that band made you humble. They were so great, so perfect, that bashing them would be stupidity.

Now, things are different..that thick layer of respect that used to glorify the old band is gone.

The weak attack the weakened..

Worms starts to crawl..

Please, just wait another month and THEN we'll see how things are..

Negativity has made this forum really predictable and extremelly boring.

i dont think anyone'd have more patience if it was the old lineup, not at all. the biggest thing of all for everyone seems to be how long its been since a release.

I think you are wrong. Perhaps you are right about the album thing, but if they were still together it's unrealistic to think that they had not made a couple of more albums by now.

But apart from the album - which IS coming soon - the rest of the bullshit would never hit the old band, like I said in my main post.

isn't the REAL problem that this is the NEW GnR?

That's basically it really. When you take away all the arguments however valid they may be, when it comes down to it, this band has yet to be accepted by fans of the original band. However, just because certain musicians are in a band called GNR doesn't make my respect for them automatic. Until the album drops, the only praise I can give them is their ability to put on a good show.

Please, just wait another month and THEN we'll see how things are..

Negativity has made this forum really predictable and extremelly boring.

I think we've done enough waiting. :rolleyes:

If there's negativity, it's for a reason. The forum's fine as it is. If I remember correctly, there was a time when things were looking pretty sweet for the band and everyone here couldn't wait to show their appreciation. It's only recently that things turned negative. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out why.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't have a lack of respect for the band-I'm just tired of being unable to get an honest, straightforward answer on CD's release-these sometime this year and one Tuesday this year type of comments are very disrespectful towards the fans.

Edited by bax

I dont think you´re right. The real problem is the disinformation, the waiting, the cencorship and so on. The only reason we put up with it is that they´re Guns N´Roses. Not many bands would get away with this bullshit. So old or new band doesn´t matter, if the old band had done this people would still be annoyed.

Maybe not the so called Axlites that are so in love they´re blind, but I guess they´re a minority. ;)

Edited by Lukinx

Actually I think it's the lack of respect that Axl & Merck show us that makes us more negative. The other band memebers actually work hard to hold tiny amount of repect that is left for this band. You look at Finck, Fortus and esp Ron communicating with the fans the way they do and that actually commands respect - only for it to be knocked down by idiotic delays and descisions.

i dont think anyone'd have more patience if it was the old lineup, not at all. the biggest thing of all for everyone seems to be how long its been since a release.

Agreed.

I also agree.

And furthermore, of course the old band would get more benefit of the doubt. They earned that.

The new band? We are still waiting on that first official group shot. Hardly a level playing field.

Agreed.

I also agree.

And furthermore, of course the old band would get more benefit of the doubt. They earned that.

The new band? We are still waiting on that first official group shot. Hardly a level playing field.

First you agree with them, then you agree with me.

Like you said, the old band would've gotten the benefit of the doubt. That's my point. It's about respect.

I think this is obvious. The new band hasn't done anything yet. Are the signs good? Is it probable that this band will still be around in 5 years time? Who are in, and who are not?

There are so many issues surrounding GnR at the moment. But we should all trust Axl this time - may it be the last time for some of you. The only thing I hold against Axl Rose is that he doesn't communicate at all, as we're all aware of. But nobody's perfect. Only his music.

Furthermore, it's obvious that Chinese Democracy will see the light of day soon. So it's just pathetic to write threads after threads with "There will be no album". Of course there will.