21. Chinese Democracy

22. Paradise City

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Paradise City...........another missed opportunity down the drain, not even one small surprise. probably was a great show, but when your releasing a new album, that doesnt matter as much as new material/promotion.

Yeah, excuse what I'm about to say, but I really think they're rather stupid at times. The management of the band, anyway. They've blown solid opportunites to hype this to the public. Inland Invasion and MSG were the best chances they had. What's the point of waiting any longer? What are they trying to hide? Keeping it a secret won't accomplish anything. The general public aren't going to get a kick out of a surprise release - and an Internet fanbase of 30,000 isn't going to be enough to make this album a big success. They need to start promoting it now if they plan to have it out by the end of the year.

That's all my opinion, anyway. I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all but I honestly can't believe they didn't use this great opportunity to their advantage.

Last time I saw Axl in 2002; he came out with a Scottie Graham jersey. Scottie Graham was the worst running back in Vikings history. I can't wait to see Axl on 12/02 without the crappy jersey.

Can we stop talking about sports in the thread? No offense but it's getting a bit old. Can't we all just bitch together about the lack of news? :xmasssanta:

Sorry about the sports crap. This is a truly disappointing nite without any news being surfaced. Hopefully, those at the show had a great time and GNR played well. Definitely was hoping for some news.

Looks like NY gets a workmanlike performance. Hammerstein 1 is still the best setlist all tour.

That might be true, but Johnny who was relaying the texts to me fromthe show at MSG said this Crowd Kicked ass all over Hammerstein! He was at both rock1 They were way more into it.

Edited by Gunzen

How is it that he plays a longer set at West virginia?? This is MSG sold out and he doesn't even play DOTF and Crazy. I'm sure this was a great show but don't reward a half empty arena with a longer set over a sold out Madison Square Garden . he took the stage early tonight , no excuse for him not going all out and playing a 3 hour + set. It's a friday night for god sake. He could have had the press in the palm of his hand witha 3 hour blistering set . It's only 1:40 AM in NYC right now he could have still been playing . This could have been Great Western forum part 2 .

How is it that he plays a longer set at West virginia?? This is MSG sold out and he doesn't even play DOTF and Crazy. I'm sure this was a great show but don't reward a half empty arena with a longer set over a sold out Madison Square Garden . he took the stage early tonight , no excuse for him not going all out and playing a 3 hour + set. It's a friday night for god sake. He could have had the press in the palm of his hand witha 3 hour blistering set . It's only 1:40 AM in NYC right now he could have still been playing . This could have been Great Western forum part 2 .

MSG has a strict curfew of 1am.

It's possible he's going to Retox later tonight to play a special show. Scott Ian's fiancée wrote something on her blog about that a while back if I remember right.

Axl's got drinks to drink and models to fuck. I'm disappointed by tonight but not shocked. Maybe Axl will call Eddie Trunk?

It's hilarious that people complain about a show that they didn't even attend.

The wonders of the internet.... :no:

I think people are complaining less about the quality of the show itself and more about the fact that people were expecting an announcement. :)

Axl's got drinks to drink and models to fuck. I'm disappointed by tonight but not shocked. Maybe Axl will call Eddie Trunk?

:laugh: It's unbelievable isn't it!?

To be honest I expected worse, I think most people are being pretty reasonable at this point. It's tomorrow when the real nasties will be out! Yes, I'm talking about YOU, Kaneda! :)

Del is that you? I attended the first Hammerstein show and got the best setlist of the tour. I feel so blessed I was at that show.

Edited by Randy Lahey